It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Speech From July 09 Points to the Iran Nuclear Weapon Crisis Being Staged

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hi ATS!

I actually posted this when it came out, but it is only in light of recent events that it becomes more important.

In July, I found a story from the Times in London (a well respected broad sheet not tabloid).

Obama to Russia: stop Iranian nuclear weapon and US will scrap missile defence

President Obama today offered to scrap plans for a missile defence shield in Eastern Europe if Russia helped to stop Iran developing a nuclear bomb.

He appealed in Moscow for a new era of partnership between Russia and the United States to fight the spread of nuclear weapons to rogue states and terrorist groups.

"That is why we should be united in opposing North Korea's efforts to become a nuclear power and preventing Iran from acquiring a nuclear weapon," he said.

Russia strongly opposes US plans to site the missile shield in Poland and the Czech Republic, which Washington says is necessary to defend against a surprise attack from Iran. Mr Obama made clear that he was willing to strike a deal with the Kremlin.

"I know Russia opposes the planned configuration for missile defence in Europe . . . I have made it clear that this system is directed at preventing a potential attack from Iran and has nothing to do with Russia," Mr Obama said in a speech to students graduating from Moscow's New Economic School.

Text: Obama’s Speech at the New Economic School

That was the story I posted back when it came out. Okay, not that big a deal until you read this from the BBC and other News Outlets.

Obama shelves Europe missile plan

US President Barack Obama has shelved plans for controversial bases in Poland and the Czech Republic in a major overhaul of missile defence in Europe.

The bases are to be scrapped after a review of the threat from Iran.

Mr Obama said there would be a "proven, cost-effective" system using land- and sea-based interceptors against Iran's short- and medium-range missile threat.

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has welcomed the US decision, calling it a "responsible move".

Russia had always seen the shield as a threat.

Now these are direct quotes from Obama, and the BBC report of the US back down is well documented.

So we have to ask the Question, if the US has scrapped the missile defence program, taking the words from his own speech, has Russia been successful in...

opposing North Korea's efforts to become a nuclear power, and opposing Iran's efforts to acquire a nuclear weapon

And most tellingly of all, from Obama himself:

if the threat from Iran's nuclear and ballistic missile program is eliminated, the driving force for missile defence in Europe will be eliminated

This was in July, the missile shield was scrapped in September. I strongly feel that Obama, the US military and Government would not scrap this without having a good idea that Iran wasn't a threat.

This was always implied, but now we have Obama saying this in his own words.

So the next time you see the MSM banging the war drum and telling you that Iran has the Nuke, just remember the President probably said it isn't so!

Peace, Kiwifoot

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one's hopped on to say it's a coincidence yet. :-p Good catch, maybe this will hopefully help open more people's eyes to the fact that the US is as corrupt as corrupt can get... and the poor citizens are fighting an uphill battle if they want to sever free...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus
I'm surprised no one's hopped on to say it's a coincidence yet. :-p Good catch, maybe this will hopefully help open more people's eyes to the fact that the US is as corrupt as corrupt can get... and the poor citizens are fighting an uphill battle if they want to sever free...

It could be coincidence, possibly, but I doubt it, the time line is too obvious!

But they will try friend!

I also think it's important not to US bash too much mate, seeing as we all (for the most part) believe in a power structure above that which we see, and I don't think the US is any more corrupt that anywhere else! maybe they're just better at it lol!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
There has definitely been a de-escalation of rhetoric coming out of and towards Iran since the summer. I'd have to agree that this is most likely telling us that the "threat" has been dealt with... at least for now. Nothing to say that it won't re-escalate though. Iran/U.S. relations are that way... one moment relative ease the next, tense. Always has been, always will be.

For a good primer on the history and future of U.S./Iran relations, read Brookings Institution document on Iran - the next false flag outlined in policy recommendations.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Rofl - the idea that the missile defenses were ever anything to do with Iran is laughable.

They were about Russia - and everyone knows it - and this was a nice chess move by the US controllers - it costs them nothing to discard a 'plan' and they have gained Russian support in policy against Iran.

I doubt Russia's heart is in it though - they aren't likely to accept any force used against Iran without doing something - and that something would probably be threatening the Caspian line in Georgia.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Rofl - the idea that the missile defenses were ever anything to do with Iran is laughable.

They were about Russia - and everyone knows it - and this was a nice chess move by the US controllers - it costs them nothing to discard a 'plan' and they have gained Russian support in policy against Iran.

I doubt Russia's heart is in it though - they aren't likely to accept any force used against Iran without doing something - and that something would probably be threatening the Caspian line in Georgia.

Hm, not a great argument to say:

The missile shield scrapping has nothing to do with Iran, but it has to do with getting Russian support against Iran....so it has EVERYTHING to do with Iran!!!

top topics

join