It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you guilty?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This thread inspired by Scooby Doo, and his effort to boost BTS to those who frequent ATS only.
I was thinking a similar thing, but not just that.
ATS has so many features and we rarely use them. I see so many who just seem to post and dash.
Are you guilty of not using the site to it's full potential?
When is the last time you tagged a friends profile?
When did you last welcome a new member?
When did you last use the media portal for something other than hosting your avatar?
Come on people!!!! Get with it!
ATS is a SOCIAL network site..so get out there and be social!
We aren't just avatars....

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

We aren't just avatars....

But unfortunately that is how many view posts. Not that a person is actually on the other side typing them, but as just an avatar to play with. Sorry bad mood.

You are correct however in that I haven't welcomed anyone in a while, and am not using the site to it's full potential. I shall try to do better from now on.

And now that I've posted, it's time for me to dash...hehe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ceb464a1a013.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Hey AD

I must admit, when I saw the title of the thread, it did read a little like Scientologist speak, like 'What are your crimes?!!'

But never mind that...

You make a great rallying speech!

I like to think that it's BTS which really forges this sort of sociality, especially in the BTS 'addict' core of members (guilty), because it's like a lounge to let off steam and have a bit of a laugh, whereas ATS proper is the serious debate forum which has a narrower social scope.

The number of amazing people I've got to know through ATS is truly amazing, and really, there's no way I'd have done so if I hadn't taken a step further with ATS!

Oh, add Mutter to your list! It's a great feature of ATS that not many really know about!

Peace AD!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I am pretty much guilty of all you mention, but it's just from habit more than anything.

Never really been one to overly involve myself, very rare for me to chat to people on boards, I maybe just leave a comment or two, sounds a little silly but sometimes I think I avoid it because because I just dont know what to say or think I will say something stupid(which is very likely
) it's like a bloody social phobia of talking on a site
ever heard anything so silly?

I tend to star quite a bit even if im not involving myself in the topic, but some people really do deserve a star when it seems the only post in a thread talking sense or making a great point.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by valiant]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm definitely guilty. Things like Mutter. I see it all the time. I'd like to join in, but there are ususally regulars on there and I don't want to intrude (silly I know, that's just how I feel.) I don't want someone to think I'm trolling, or that I'm butting in...

Like Valiant, I also star alot of stuff, but don't comment as much as I'd like. I, also, don't want to sound stupid or foolish (but no doubt I've done that as well.)

It's funny, because I've been lurking on this site since 2004 and when I finally joined I thought I'd spend all my time in ATS, but found that I've really enjoyed the people I've met in BTS. The ones I've met in BTS have all welcomed me, joked with me, and we've all swapped advice. It's really nice. And if I feel like my comments aren't "intellectual" enough for ATS, I'll swing over to BTS and I'll be warmly welcomed.

But I think alot of it is that newbies may not be completely familiar with the extras. Like tagging a profile? I don't even know what that is. I've thought about welcoming new members, but I'm new myself so I'm not sure if that would be totally appropriate.

Is there a newbie tutorial or anything that I'm not aware of?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbo the Annihilator
I'm definitely guilty. Things like Mutter. I see it all the time. I'd like to join in, but there are ususally regulars on there and I don't want to intrude (silly I know, that's just how I feel.) I don't want someone to think I'm trolling, or that I'm butting in...

Like Valiant, I also star alot of stuff, but don't comment as much as I'd like. I, also, don't want to sound stupid or foolish (but no doubt I've done that as well.)

It's funny, because I've been lurking on this site since 2004 and when I finally joined I thought I'd spend all my time in ATS, but found that I've really enjoyed the people I've met in BTS. The ones I've met in BTS have all welcomed me, joked with me, and we've all swapped advice. It's really nice. And if I feel like my comments aren't "intellectual" enough for ATS, I'll swing over to BTS and I'll be warmly welcomed.

But I think alot of it is that newbies may not be completely familiar with the extras. Like tagging a profile? I don't even know what that is. I've thought about welcoming new members, but I'm new myself so I'm not sure if that would be totally appropriate.

Is there a newbie tutorial or anything that I'm not aware of?

Honey just jump in feet first..anywhere you like including mutter.
Tagging a profile is a custom tag you have (like a photo with your username) that you post in the member comments section..like an I WAS HERE kinda thing.
I need a new tag...
Thanks to Extralien for pointing this out as well.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

SkepticOverlord has given us a lot of toys to work with here..SO GET OUT AND PLAY!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Do I get a pass for being fairly new?

Nah, I do tend to come to BTS when things get a bit heavy on ATS... it is a nice place to "chill", but it does seem more ... hmmm ... there is definitely a number of "regulars" here, so I don't always post... but, 'eh, it's no biggee.

I've just found the media area; I didn't even realize there was a whole other place for profiles, comments, vids., music, etc. so that's not updated, but maybe it will be with some more time in the day.

*Many thanks to SKL for his help explaining that area!*

I don't know anyone well enough to start leaving messages on profiles, it was weird enough adding the first few to a friend's list... haven't really gotten over the "awkward" feeling - but I do have a tendency just to "jump in" sometimes without much direction, so again... no biggee.

Stars and Flags; I star almost every post that seems well thought out (regardless) the only catch is that most times I forget to note it in my response post or sometimes I don't actually even respond to a thread, so recognition lacks... good thread!

ETA: forgot to flag...

[edit on 17-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

I am sick of the sight of me, and all the regulars, get you arse in there girl.
The more the merrier. Please please please dont think that way.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

added you as a friend hon!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
reply to post by LadySkadi

added you as a friend hon!

Cheers to you!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Ready for some fresh Mutter blood? I'll accept your invite.

Keep an eye out... you'll find me there.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am still learning ATS/BTS. I used to never use BTS but recently have begun to use it and really enjoy it. I didn't know aything about the media portal until this thread. Thanks accessdenied for introducing me to something new.
I really enjoy this whole site and all it features, its the only one i go to one pretty much a daily basis. I also love mutter and chat!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm so blooody guilty. This is, indeed, my first time posting in BTS!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
I'm so blooody guilty. This is, indeed, my first time posting in BTS!!!

Congrats on your first post!

new topics

top topics

join