It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu Vacine. Canada.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
i live in nova scotia Canada and i heard on the radio today they are doing tests for the swine flu vaccine. The message on the radio said the people had to be between 20-40 and never had a flu shot or under 6 months old, saying they would compensate people for there time. my question is.... havent they been making tons of this stuff for months? why would they make it if it wasnt approved to be safe. would this be a test to ok it for the province i am in or is it part of a larger test to see if its ok in canada? Persinaly im not going to get the swine flu vacine, i couldnt participate in this if i wanted to anyways because i have had at lease 1 flu shot in my lifetime before. could anyone provide me with some information please?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by tylerc25211

Dont TAKE THE SHOT.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
sorry no info here .. never heard of this vaccine before.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Vaccines damages your immune system so I wouldnt even consider this.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tylerc25211

Normally, at least here in the states, there are two types of trials after a "drug" or vaccine has been initially approved by the FDA. They are phase I and phase II trials.

Clinical trials are conducted to allow safety and efficacy data to be collected for new drugs or devices. These trials can only take place once satisfactory information has been gathered on the quality of the product and its non-clinical safety, and Health Authority/Ethics Committee approval is granted in the country where the trial is taking place.

Depending on the type of product and the stage of its development, investigators enroll healthy volunteers and/or patients into small pilot studies initially, followed by larger scale studies in patients that often compare the new product with the currently prescribed treatment. As positive safety and efficacy data are gathered, the number of patients is typically increased. Clinical trials can vary in size from a single center in one country to multicenter trials in multiple countries.

Due to the sizable cost a full series of clinical trials may incur, the burden of paying for all the necessary people and services is usually borne by the sponsor who may be a governmental organization, a pharmaceutical, or biotechnology company. Since the diversity of roles may exceed resources of the sponsor, often a clinical trial is managed by an outsourced partner such as a contract research organization.

Source
en.wikipedia.org...

Since we're cousins, I would expect our systems to be similar.

To that extent, the government/s have fast-tracked the vaccine in order to get it out to the public before any of these "trials" have been started or concluded.

A mistake, in my opinion. These vaccines have not been tested, doses have not be callibrated, corrected. As someone who used for Big Pharma (oooh scary. . . ) I would not, nor is any of my family getting this vaccine. Just personal choice, but I don't eat stuff out of a dumpster either, just "hoping" it won't kill me.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
www.ngpharma.com...

A drug’s journey to market

Phase One

Initial testing is carried with a small group of volunteers (20 – 100) who are usually paid for their efforts. The trial is used to determine what happens to the drug in the human body – how its is absorbed, metabolized and excreted. A phase one study will examine the side effects as dosage levels are increased. Testing is typically carried out over several months, while around 70 percent of experimental drugs will pass this initial stage of testing.

Phase Two

Once a drug has shown to be safe, it must be tested for efficacy. This phase may last from several months to two years and involve up to several hundred patients. One group of patients will be administered the drug while another group will receive a placebo. Often with these trials, the patients and the researchers have no idea who has received which drug. Only around one-third of experimental drugs complete both phase one and two.

Phase Three

A study at this stage of the process may involve thousands of patients, and provide the pharmaceutical companies and the FDA with a more thorough understanding of the drug’s effectiveness, benefits and possible adverse reactions. Phase three trials usually last years but 70 to 90 percent of drugs that make it this far complete this stage. Once complete, the pharmaceutical company request FDA approval for marketing the drug.

Source: Thomson Center Watch

The drug trials usually last years before a new drug is released. This concerns me over how quick Swine Flu vaccine has been shoved through. I would never take this shot. And just what is in the vaccine in Canada that they only want people who have never had a flu shot? I believe that the majority of people have had flu shots during their lifetimes. Wouldn't it be smarter to test the majority? I smell a rat.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
They don't even have an effective test for the swine flu so how can they have developed an effective vaccine for it? Some good information on the mass confusion in this thread: Interesting, but sad, mystery (swine flu).

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I Live in Quebec there making it here in St Foy its the same crap that there trying to pas in the USA. there making millions of doses available next month.
They started testing it as well but will not tell people the outcome.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
thanks alot for all of your replies. i definetly will not be taking the vacine, things are seeming prety shady at the moment. i dont know anyone personaly who is going to get the vacine, i believe that my mother has to recieve it though as she works in a nursing home. i will try to advise her the best i can and see if it a option to not get the vacine but since it is a old folks home and people are very suseptable to colds and virus' i believe it is mandatory for her workplace.

top topics

join