It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intriguing Phobos Anomaly!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
This is an interesting image of Mars's moon Phobos that has mostly likely been discussed before, however I have found something very intriguing on it, if anyone cares to take a gander.

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Heres the orignal, with a red square around the point of interest.

Now this "structure" is interesting enough, very intruiging evidence of a "monolith" as Buzz Aldrin stated was on the moon of Mars, slip of the tongue?

Now I shall move the point of interest away from an already very intriguing anomoly to the area circled in red!

Hmmm?

Closer examination reveals an anomoly that differs wildly from its immediate and further environments, intriguing in itself, but what of its seemingly metallic sheen, possible debris around it and very structured frame, hmm?

Note the triangular shape and symmetry of the two "domes" on the back of it!

A little contrast adjustment reveals even clearer the notable distinction between this object and its surroundings between, and even clearer reveals a very likely metallic surface, and the case for debris becomes a little clearer.

Now one unexplainable anomoly is intersting enough, but two in close proximity, on a moon where Aldrin spoke of a monolith , is likely more than coincidence.

Ill leave conclusions up to you guys, however I think most can at least agree that "something" is out there and "someone" doesint want us to know about it!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Outlawstar]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
S&F for you my friend!
Both these anomalies are new to me.

I find the enlargement of the first image to be the most interesting.
My first thought is it's a rock but it's completely unlike anything else around that area.

Obviously it's lit by sunlight but it definitely has a white or metallic shine to it. Looks like an obelisk sticking out of the ground.

The other looks like a crashed triangular craft.

Nice find and excellent pics!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
There are no anomalies. There are no sentient beings in the universe other than humans. The astronauts who say that there are monoliths on the moon and that the government is covering up knowledge about alien life and UFO's are bat # crazy.

One question though...Why does NASA pick all these crazy people to be astronauts?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticantiseptic
There are no sentient beings in the universe other than humans.

Have you always been so arrogant, that in the vast universe of countless millenia in age, that only humans are sentient?

Can you close that box up any smaller?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

There are no anomalies. There are no sentient beings in the universe other than humans. The astronauts who say that there are monoliths on the moon and that the government is covering up knowledge about alien life and UFO's are bat # crazy.

One question though...Why does NASA pick all these crazy people to be astronauts?

Do you really believe that out of the billions of galaxys with millions of star systems which may have 10 - 12 planets that we are the only beings in the universe?

Edit: forgot about a S&F

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Theomi]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I could be very wrong about this, but I do believe this has been discussed before at some point or another. First thread that I think holds some similarities to this one is this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This one I'm not to sure about:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not trying to be a jerk by taking topic away from this thread just showing some previous insights that other members had in previous places

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

There are no sentient beings in the universe other than humans.

Have you always been so arrogant, that in the vast universe of countless millenia in age, that only humans are sentient?

Can you close that box up any smaller?

Sentient may have been the wrong word. I meant beings of the highest intelligence and capable of space flight.

Oh, and your preaching to the choir my friend. Anyone ever heard of sarcasm?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Of you, having been a member for almost two months, I have no doubt that you are aware that there are countless members that DO believe exactly what you stated.

Ever hear of sarcasm tags? Don't expect the reader that does not know you, to know your disposition.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Ever hear of sarcasm tags?

You are joking about the tags right?

Please tell me we haven't fallen that far in the common sense quotient.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You are joking about the tags right?

Please tell me we haven't fallen that far in the common sense quotient.

I guess you missed these two lines:

there are countless members that DO believe exactly what you stated.
Don't expect the reader that does not know you, to know your disposition.

I'm not clairvoyant, I don't know you, I've never seen your posts, I don't know what you think.
I do know that there are many members on this site alone that do indeed think humans are the only living beings in the entire universe.

Why are you laying it on me that I should instinctively know you are being sarcastic amongst people that are literal of the same thoughts?

This is off-topic ...... and futile. Goodbye.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misfit

No prob...really just trying top get this excellent thread noticed and see what the sentient community thinks about these anomalies.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
As you can see here, I have blown up the image a little bit more. Stuff like this grabs my attention like an icecreamtruck on a hot summer day. Even though i'm sick as a dog, I could not resist to try and see what's hiding amongst the pixels (so to speak). Sadly, I am not able to get more detail out of the image.

Not only have I enhanced the image, I also turned one upside-down. Sometimes certain shapes make more sense that way. Also one in grayscale, to see if there was a way to get more contrast. If not, then at least someone who's doing abdominal training, hanging from a ceiling, will perhaps appreciate it

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7894d48ebda2.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/493426e68e44.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09fc86287b34.jpg[/atsimg]

By the way, where can I get an original of the first anomaly?

[edit on 17-10-2009 by 2Faced]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Very good photos indeed. Not sure though its tough to tell. The second photo of a supposed crash is hard to to tell if that is what it really is. There is no initial impact marks it look like it dropped strait down, but the debris field says otherwise, I don't know interesting. S&F

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
There appears to be compression artifacts which means that this is not the highest resolution image available. It may however be the highest resolution image made available to the public.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Perhaps you have stumbled upon one of the missing probes?

There was a great thread earlier by Internos about Phobos II, the image you have posted with what seems like two domes, could match his description.

Phobos 2 operated nominally throughout its cruise and Mars orbital insertion phases on January 29, 1989, gathering data on the Sun, interplanetary medium, Mars, and Phobos. Shortly before the final phase of the mission, during which the spacecraft was to approach within 50 m of Phobos' surface and release two landers, one a mobile "hopper", the other a stationary platform, contact with Phobos 2 was lost. The mission ended when the spacecraft signal failed to be successfully reacquired on March 27, 1989. The cause of the failure was determined to be a malfunction of the on-board computer.

Internos Thread

That image could well be the final resting place, contact was lost on a very close approach, and with having two other smaller craft on board, that could explain the domes?

Stranger things have happened I'm sure, and as far as I know, nobody has been looking for it on any images.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

Oh yes forgot about that thread. That could very well be it.

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

If it is, then it's important imo, has been a mystery for a long time, and could put it to rest, I'm probably well wrong, but it would certainly fit.

But if it is congrats Outlawstar good eyes.

[edit on 17/10/2009 by azzllin]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
one of the things looks like buzz's said "monolith".

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Very good catch.
Good job about the blowing up of the picture too, but it would be more revealing if blowing up the picture that reveals its shadow?
It seems like it resides inside its own small crater but could be its shadow if sun is hanging directly above it at that instance.
Also in the mentioned links about similar threads at the first thread linked the NASA image displays not just this one but several similar objects, at least 4 from what I can see after studying it for a brief second. 2 at middle an 2 (smaller ones) and near bottom of image. What is very telling to identify them is their long shadows.
Its long shadow is puzzling and it pictures it in a very different light regarding the rest of the cratered and more smoothed out surface of Phobos.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Looks like a tunnel collapse to me. It's as if something has been tunneling there. Maybe an early mining expedition by people who once lived on Mars when the planet was lush and full of life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join