It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you don't agree with where this country is headed why don't you stand up and make a change ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Let’s be honest, if you’re on this website on a regular basis, if you have the ability to think for yourself then you probably don't agree with what is going on in this country. We may not all agree on their intentions but all of us for the most part can understand and agree that this nation is moving more and more from freedom every day. Corrupt government, lies lies and more lies, freedoms being taken away are occurring right under most of our noises and honestly it makes me sick to my stomach. This country, yes the country that used to be built on freedom and hard work is headed to a very bad place, and I think its time for the American people to take a stand.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I see you're fairly new around here...

Have you got any clue at all how many hundreds of posts like this one have been made on this very site, basically saying "stand up" without offering much more than a view of the members frustration?

Ok, I stood up...now what? I'm sitting back down.

Calling for a revolution here wont equate to much, and organizing any kind of public display of disobedience is strictly against the T&C... but I hear ya.

RE: your signature...

Impossible is also a lie. See MY sig for proof.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Calling for a revolution here wont equate to much, and organizing any kind of public display of disobedience is strictly against the T&C... but I hear ya.

Im not trying to organize anything, all im asking is why ?? Why arent people questioning, why arent people pissed about this ?? Why are people willing to live in the world they've been given ??

Nothing is impossible, maybe your post and the fact that you think impossible is a lie has some correlation ??

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth
Im not trying to organize anything, all im asking is why ?? Why arent people questioning, why arent people pissed about this ?? Why are people willing to live in the world they've been given ??

People the world over are questioning, and people certainly are pissed.

Unfortunately, aside from that said revolution, most of us are limited to voting and trying to expose injustices which could actually change the course of history for the better.

The problem with finding out all the secrets is just that, they're secret. What people do behind closed doors, far more often than not, isn't something you're going to find out by simply asking.

If you can pry open that box, by all means, let us in!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by letspreadtruth

Yes, what lermore said.
You should use the quote function, btw.
You are asking alot of questions that mostly have been answered on here already.
People are finally waking up more and more.
The big buddy bailouts should have been the clue to even the most
intellectually challenged among us.
We are so wrapped up in kids and work and crap we didnt even notice our
country was sold out, chopped up, bought off a long time ago.
Like I said most are finally waking up to it.
As far as anyone actually doing much about it?
We haven't yet. Why would we start now?
We worked hard so we wouldn't have to!
For something right to actually get done in todays climate is like
hoping for a miracle anyway.

I imagine most people think, "what can I do"? It's too late.
The large boned lady is starting to sing the encore.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Most people are going to wait until the last minute, which is what I plan to do. Just wait, because I have a lot to do before then.

I'd love to think things will go reasonably well, but the economy is bad and that leads to trouble. Trouble has a bad way of making government's grumpy, and their response is normally fairly blunt.

Anyone who suggests violence or direct disobedience (which I don't) right now should either keep quiet about it and do nothing, or keep quiet about it and do something.

Either way, no internet site would ever be secure for anything remotely close. This is why I wait. I have too much to lose to play, which is most Americans.

So, who's going to do what exactly?

[edit on 17-10-2009 by KrazyJethro]

top topics

join