It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help .. I want to experience an OBE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I am hoping that someone out there in ATS land can offer up some tips as to how one can experience an OBE . I have heard much talk about OBE's and I would like to experience this for my self .

If you have any OBE stories that you would like to share please feel free to do so ! This topic is one of recent interest to me and I am eager to learn more about this experience called OBE .

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

This is not easy. I am an adequate clairvoyant and an western known telepath and I can't do it. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I would tell you but might get a warning for encouraging what happens to be illegal in the US. Without suitable chemicals, I suppose its possible for electrochemical condidtions to happen to line up properly in order for this percieved phenomenon. It's all in the mind... or realistically the brain if you actually have one (an OBE that is). It's not like you actually float out of your own body. A good place to start is spend ridiculous time looking in the mirror regularly so that your brain has less work in attempting to give you the perception of seeing yourself. i.e. you see with your brain not your eyes (that's a fact).

[edit on 17-10-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Hi,

I have a few links for you to look at that may help you with your search. There is one here on ATS that is now a sticky because it is a continuing thread, and a great one I might add! Just be ready to spend a few days reading all of it. (It is very much worth it!
)
Conscious OOBE... Its real

This next link is a website that I visit often that has practically everything you could possibly want in terms of discovering OBE's for yourself. There are guides written by people that cover almost everything from getting started, to what to do when you cant get past a certain point, and even where to go once your successful. It contains years worth of knowledge from some great people and it is an all around great site.
Astral Pulse

I wish you luck on your journey. Ultimately it will be up to you to decide which technique will work best for you, because there is no one technique that works for everyone. Many people find that no technique works for them because it is fear that keeps them on "lock-down" so to speak. Yet, the Astral Pulse site has help for that too!

Also, some great books you may want to check out are Robert Monroe's Books. There are three of them and they are amazing! He also started Hemi Sync which is amazing and has helped many people with their OBE journeys. We have some free binaural beats hear on ATS that may help you also. They are located here: From Omegapoint.

Another book that many people recommend is one by Robert Bruce. Here the link to it on Amazon. "Mastering Astral Projection in 90 Days".
Many people say it has helped them a great deal. You should be able to find both books in your local library so you can see if you like them before you buy them. (Thats what I did.
: )

Hopefully this info will help to get you started and get you OBE-ing in no time.

[edit on 10/17/2009 by sylvrshadow]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I can't really help since I experience some trouble trying to have my own experiences.

I'll describe my experience though and maybe I can get some help and help others by getting this out.

I can go into a trance, I feel that I no longer have control over my body when I do that, I feel that I'm starting to be immersed somewhere else. A new state of consciousness or perception. But then all I can see is black with some weird and dark shapes that seem to be formed by something that has light of its own. I can see these things moving around but can't really say what they are or how they really look. My vision is all fuzzy and my attention seems to be unadaptive for the situation. I know that something is happening but I can't really tell what it is.

I also seem to have a problem with my body, because while I'm having this experience I can still feel my body and can easily just pop my eyes open. I can scratch somewhere and still be in this state of trance, its weird.

Any tips?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
There are so many OBE threads already in existence, they should satisfy your curiosity well.

It is easily attainable, .... only if you believe it is !!!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Hi Geladinhu,

I have read about what you are experiencing on the Astral Pulse website that I listed in my previous post. At the moment I cant recall what the solution was to getting your "sight" so to speak, but it is something that has been discussed there. Its worth checking out if you have time to spare.

(*Edit to add this quick search I did for you.. Hope it helps some! --->Bruce Moen's 3D blackness )

[edit on 10/17/2009 by sylvrshadow]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvrshadow

Thanks a lot.
I will definitely check it out.
I'm driven by my curiosity.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

You are most welcome!
Its funny you should say that you are driven by your curiosity, because that is exactly what Robert Monroe used to say all the time. Im driven by curiosity too, and a desire to explore the unknown.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm not the greatest OOBE'er at all, but for me, I think that dream recollection is important and before you meditate and all that sort of stuff, you might want to get into trying to remember as many details as you can about any dreams you have.

I don't know why, but it'll probably allow you to become alert a lot easier while you're sleeping or something.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

I agree Whine Flu. Thats why I think keeping a dream journal is a great way to help with OBE's. It helps to train your mind to remember, which is very important for OBE journeys. Whats the point of taking a trip you wont remember when you get back?!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Explanation: S&F!

How to use neuroscience to become your Avatar! [wired.com source]

Personal Disclosure: I hope that science can continue to help you and others in OBE training techniques!

P.S. Sorta gives more creed to the "you don't just have residence in your body" spiritual crowd!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

you want to OBE well then do it!
If you have opened your kundalini or even third eye (have you ?) then you can do it
on some level if you have done either of above you are preventing it , it is you that is preventing
all can do this with belief and love for Cosmos and self
the one thing that will stop it (if ya have done either of above) is fear doubt and guilt
if on any level of your soul you fear this it just will not happen
this is why I embrace Goddess energy totally with love it will take you anywhere you want to go
Goddess is fun and pure it is power and love without fear

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
ooohh also all ego got to be dissolved prior to any astral work
you want astral travel/OBE you gotta dissolve ego as much as ya can
ego and astral dont mix

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Max-TO, there is a lot of information available on the web and in print on this subject. Some of it will be helpful, a lot of it will be misleading. Use caution and common sense with various groups offering to teach you this sort of thing. Whether they are free or not, they will usually want something from you in the end. Also a lot of what is sold as an aid in this endeavor is completely unnecessary anyway from my experience.

The essence of willed OBE or astral travel is really the ability to focus the mind (in a gentle way of course) during the act of physically falling asleep. To have the mind consciously focused, without wandering, right through the falling asleep process. In theory it is that simple. Though in practice it isn't so easy. If you can do this properly you will find yourself quite awake and aware in a different dimension, similar to this one (but not the same), only with very different laws of physics. There are many techniques to try, I have used countless ones. Some focus on breathing and energy, chakras etc, and while some of these things may or may not really help, it is simply having the mind gently concentrated on the technique itself while falling asleep that really causes them to work anyway. You will find some that seem right for you, if you look around. It is possible eventually to not really need any specific technique other than the ability to focus the mind on the sleep process itself. It can take some time to have success, though there are some people who experience it very quickly. Still others have these type of experiences "accidentaly" without ever trying. Anyone could do this if they really tried, it isn't really necessary to have any interest in things spiritual per se.

Dream diaries and things can be helpful and interesting. Often people's dreams become more vivid, sometimes to the point of beginning to experience "lucid dreams" when they begin actively pursuing this type of thing. Dreams are also related to what people call astral travel or OBE.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Geladinhu,

There is something of an in between state, between asleep and awake, that you may be experiencing and sort of getting stuck on. This is possibly what people refer to, to some degree as the "trance" state, though really it isn't. In this state, which can last for varying lengths of time, all sorts of sensations can be experienced as well as different sights, sounds etc. What happens is that the physical body and its senses are shutting down to go to sleep, and then the astral ones can take over. Though it can seem at times you are awake, you may not be fully. I have had it happen many times where I thought I was awake, but could actually listen to myself snoring. If you keep going without letting anything distract, the process will be able to complete and after certain sensations you will probably eventually find yourself suddenly floating in your room. Or gently rolling out of bed and slowly landing on the floor as though you were as light as a balloon, or one of the many things people experience. Then you usually just have to open your eyes like you do physically.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I've been trying to have an obe for a year now and to me its supposed to be easy because i've experienced sleep paralysis more than twice

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Danna

I to have had sleeping paralysis in the past as well as some other strange sleeping / near sleeping experiences .

On one occasion I even found myself hovering over a body / person , however it wasn't my body so it didn't count as a OBE .

At times when I first lay in bed at night I will often get the feeling that i can see my surroundings while my eyes are closed .

With the sleeping / near sleeping experiences that I have had I feel that an OBE should be something that I should be able to experience .

With a little luck and a little practice mixed with all of your help expressed in your various posts it's my hope that I too can learn how to have an OBE .

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Its a complete state of being. A complete state of no mind. Shut your mind off and you will go. Go with it not against it. Go with love.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

What reason do you want an obe for, what if its a bad experience or even worst someone TRANSMIMGRATES IN YOUR BODY WHY YOU ARE OUT OF IT, careful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join