It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The United States is a Totalitarian state

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The purprose of this thread is not to tell you anything that you already don't know, it's to put it all in perspective. The freedom of the United States has been upsurped by the few. We are now a totalitarian state.

You are NOT free, you are ALL slaves.

Greed rules the day.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7be9d8c5272c.gif[/atsimg]

- Corporations run our government.
- Lobbiests dictate our foriegn policy.
- Elitist focus groups make our public policy decisions.

--------

- Privatly controlled media informs us.
- Publicly funded schools educate us to become servents, while they are educated privately to rule over us.
- State supported religious dogma coerces us to obey, serve and be humble.

--------

- The police and military have the power to excercise final control over any who resist or question

-------

- The people who might actually pose a threat to those at the top are kept fat, quiet and sedated to insure thier loyalty. Their souls are bought and paid for by the devil.

------

The masses are kept ignorant and afraid. They are divided and conquored.
- They are kept busy and forced to work long hours to support themselves and keep them from creating trouble.
- Those that cannot work are paid off to do nothing and keep them from creating trouble.
- Those that will not work are also paid off to do nothing and keep them from creating trouble.

-----

We are ruled by the elite capitalist few who seek to consolidate power into a one world government, ruled not by you and I (Regular people who want a better life for our families), but rather by them.

- THey want all the money, control and power.
- They want to dictate every aspect of your life and relegate you to a life of servitude to them.
- They promise you that you can be like them if you are a humble servant to them and work hard for them.

This is a lie. They are deceivers. They work together in focus groups, not to create a better world for you, but to create a better world for them.

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state, usually under the control of a single party or faction, recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible. Totalitarianism is generally characterized by the coincidence of authoritarianism (i.e., where ordinary citizens have no significant share in state decision-making) and ideology (i.e., a pervasive scheme of values promulgated by institutional means to direct the most significant aspects of public and private life).

Totalitarian regimes or movements maintain themselves in political power by means of an official all-embracing ideology and propaganda disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, a single party that controls the state, personality cults, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of free discussion and criticism, the use of mass surveillance, and widespread use of state terrorism.

en.wikipedia.org...

THe ... ism movie is worth watching.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

I agree with you, its sickening. Not only the American people but the people of the world need to come together and make a change. I for one am ready to stand up for what I believe in but I just don't know what to do. Do you have ANY ideas ??

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by letspreadtruth

I for one am ready to stand up for what I believe in but I just don't know what to do. Do you have ANY ideas ??

1/2 of me says screw it, join 'em.

The other 1/2 of me just says screw 'em.

Then I look at my kids and ask myself what kind of world are they gonna have to deal with if I do nothing?

I say this country needs a reboot.

We are now in the final stage of a free society. Historically freedom has required violence and bloodshed. I don't expect it will require anything different this time.

The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

- From bondage to spiritual faith;
- From spiritual faith to great courage;
- From courage to liberty;
- From liberty to abundance;
- From abundance to complacency;
- From complacency to apathy;
- From apathy to dependence;
- From dependence back into bondage.

citizenwells.wordpress.com...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So if you are against the government running anything, and privately held entities running anything,then who in the hell is going to run stuff. How can you be against both?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet

So if you are against the government running anything, and privately held entities running anything,then who in the hell is going to run stuff. How can you be against both?

Well here's a revolutionary idea.

Why don't we elect a few people who we trust will represent our interests, to meet in a central location, to determine central policies that will prove to be benificial to all of us.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Talk to every single person you know, tell them NOT to vote for anyone who has held any political office.

Vote them ALL out, doesn't matter if it's republican or democrat. Have your neighbour, your buddy, your son, daughter, even yourself run for office and then hit the streets promoting their campaign. It's that simple.

We can take our country back, but we have to do it together as Americans instead of apart as democrat or republican.

S&F great thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sundancer

Brilliant idea Sundancer. That is my plan. I am going to vote against every incumbent on every level and encourage all my friends to do the same. I just figure at this point it is guilt by association for all politicians.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Well here's a revolutionary idea.

Why don't we elect a few people who we trust will represent our interests, to meet in a central location, to determine central policies that will prove to be benificial to all of us.

Excuse me if I am dim-witted but where I come from we call what you described government. Did you ever vote for someone you didn't trust? That would be foolish.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

How can you be against both?

How can I be against both the public sector and the private sector?

Easy they don't represent my families interests.

Our government is run by private and publicly owned corporations (Owned by faceless nameless stockholders and 401K investors) who pay our politicians to do thier bidding.

Corporate CEO's are actually in prison. If they don't create a profit they goto jail.

Profit at all cost is the motto everywhere.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Originally posted by letspreadtruth

I for one am ready to stand up for what I believe in but I just don't know what to do. Do you have ANY ideas ??

1/2 of me says screw it, join 'em.

The other 1/2 of me just says screw 'em.

Then I look at my kids and ask myself what kind of world are they gonna have to deal with if I do nothing?

I say this country needs a reboot.

We are now in the final stage of a free society. Historically freedom has required violence and bloodshed. I don't expect it will require anything different this time.

The average age of the world’s greatest civilizations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence:

- From bondage to spiritual faith;
- From spiritual faith to great courage;
- From courage to liberty;
- From liberty to abundance;
- From abundance to complacency;
- From complacency to apathy;
- From apathy to dependence;
- From dependence back into bondage.

citizenwells.wordpress.com...

It is hard to say violence isnt the answer, but wouldnt that give tptb an excuse to use violence and to use martial law ?? Also I saw the thing From dependence back into bondage on the Glenn Beck show and I find that to be very true.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

So if government doesn't run certain things and business can't run itself, how is anything going to get done. Where I live P&G is headquartered, so how without P&G are you going to get toothpaste or soap or razors? You going to make your own?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

... without P&G are you going to get toothpaste or soap or razors? You going to make your own?

So I guess we can count you in the 'maintain the order' corner.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

LOL, not exaclty. But I don't think you throw the baby out with the bath water. Look businesses have a purpose, captitalism has a purpose, and government has a purpose. Could there be some improvement in these 3 things for the betterment of the nation? Sure. Do we go back to the 1700's where everyone made there own soap and everything else? I don't think that is a great idea.

Honestly, a lot the problems we have in this country is the product of a few things. Adjusting to globalization, an aging population, a more self-centered and less self-reliant mindset in the citizens. etc...

But globalization is going to happen, because it is more efficient. Peope are going to age, and so all we can do is each person become a better person and teach our kids the right things and be less selfish when we vote.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I can't really say voting them out is the right idea right now.

It's hard to say, because I tend to believe it will resort to violence either way, only how fast. If we voted out even 15% of the Congress and put in either new party members and/or a third party, you'd see a federal crackdown like you might not ever see, even if they keep it under wraps.

Ross Perot is a great example of the exclusionary tactics after any independent threat. The more federal we become, the less state and local elections matter, which is why the power is concentrated in Washington (easier to control).

We might start off the show a lot faster.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Talk to every single person you know, tell them NOT to vote for anyone who has held any political office.

Vote them ALL out, doesn't matter if it's republican or democrat.

Honestly I don't think it will change anything just to march your discontent and vote them out.

This will require violence.

A complete turnover of everything.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So I would really be interested in your ideas on how you maintain order, defend the nation, provide a justice system and get goods and services to the public without government and private entities. If you have a better idea I would love to hear it.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

So I would really be interested in your ideas on how you maintain order, defend the nation, provide a justice system and get goods and services to the public without government and private entities. If you have a better idea I would love to hear it.

Oh don't get me wrong.

I like electricity, dental hygene and store bought food as much as the next person.

What I don't like is our present system of how these goods and services are distibuted.

- When you reley on a inequal system of lies and deception to distribute and sell your wares in order to survive there is a problem.

- When innovation and competition is squashed before it has a chance to take hold there is a problem.

- When citizens are referred to as consumers rather than citizens there is a problem.

- When those in power begin to believe that they are superior to those who are not in power there is a problem.

- When government becomes a burden there is a problem.

- When taxes, fees and laws become oppressive there is a problem.

- When lawyers run rampant in the streets there is a problem.

- When those who have seek to hold onto what have, instead of releasing it to the universe, there is a problem.

- When lies become the truth there is a problem.

- When the truth is declared to be a lie there is a problem.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

If you have a better idea I would love to hear it.

Here's my idea.

Minimalist central government, of the people, that makes central policies that benifit all and is not interfered with by private industry, lobbieists, lawyers or focus groups.

IN other words, "Get rid of the noise".

Even the Pentagon can see the sense in that.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
No, it's not. Not even close. The fact that you could publicly post something with that title proves that the United States is not a totalitarian state.

Your cartoon is a commentary on Capitalism, not totalitarianism. It would not apply to, say, China, which in my opinion is much closer to the totalitarianism you claim for the US. The cartoon is a metaphor for capitalists sucking the life out of workers, getting rich from them.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
No, it's not. Not even close. The fact that you could publicly post something with that title proves that the United States is not a totalitarian state.

Let's test the definitian.

Totalitarianism (or totalitarian rule) is a political system where the state, usually under the control of a single party or faction, recognizes no limits to its authority and strives to regulate every aspect of public and private life wherever feasible.

The US is ruled by a single party that worships money, doesn't listen to the will of the people and creates public policies that give control of the system to corporations.

Totalitarianism is generally characterized by the coincidence of authoritarianism (i.e., where ordinary citizens have no significant share in state decision-making) and ideology (i.e., a pervasive scheme of values promulgated by institutional means to direct the most significant aspects of public and private life).

Our presidents our chosen for us. We are given choice A or B, but both canidates belong to those who have the money. Random politicians who might actually represent the people are shut out. There is no rational discussion on public media of any length, rather we are subjected to a marketing campaign of lies and counter lies. Talking heads in the media tell us what to think after they are told what to think by thier corporate bosses.

Totalitarian regimes or movements maintain themselves in political power by means of an official all-embracing ideology and propaganda disseminated through the state-controlled mass media, a single party that controls the state, personality cults, control over the economy, regulation and restriction of free discussion and criticism, the use of mass surveillance, and widespread use of state terrorism.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think I covered most of this in the paragraph above. We are spyed on by the government in an attempt to identify and isolate anyone who is judged as a threat to those in power. And finally 9/11 was a state sponsored false flag event ment to draw us into a foriegn conflict in the middle east.

Looks to me like the US meets all of the definitions of a totalitarian state.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join