It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia halts TOR-M1, S-300 air, missile defense missiles to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Russia halts TOR-M1, S-300 air, missile defense missiles to Iran

www.debka.com

DEBKAfile's military sources report that Russia's abrupt suspension of consignments of advanced Tor-M1 air defense missiles and S-300 anti-missile systems has left Tehran high and dry for effective weapons to defend itself and its nuclear facilities against attacks.

Our Iranian sources disclose that extreme frustration prompted the boasts of Revolutionary Guards Deputy Commander Brig. Gen. Hossein Salami Sunday, Oct. 11, that Tehran's hi-tech missiles can repel any attack against the country. He spoke in the northern town of Sarri.

Regarding sanctions imposed on the Islamic Republic,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thenational.ae

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Like I've said before not a writer but want to pass on this info.

"
Until now, Saudi Arabia, which is expected to have a defence budget reaching $44bn next year, has bought virtually all of its military equipment from the West, with the US way ahead in pole position, followed by Britain and then France.

What baffles observers is why the kingdom should now turn to the Russians, whose arms salesmen have been increasingly turning their attention to Middle East oil states but whose reputation for on-time delivery is not among the best.

Those with longer memories in the region also have reservations about the reliability of the equipment itself, dating back to bad experiences with Soviet-era hardware in the 1950s and 1960s."

www.debka.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Ummmm... well.. on a different thread about not putting the missle shield in Poland, and on yet another thread about Russia revamping its policy regarding tactical nuclear weapons. If you put them together; this could be the trade-off, we don't put a missle shield in Poland, Russia stops supplying Iran and gets to publicly state their tactical nuke policy. Thats my guess, any other ideas?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

The Chinese may be willing to offer assistance to Iran, so I don't think this finishes them off yet.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
But China get's it's arms from Russia as well. China earlier this week condemned Iran's nuclear pursuit. I'm thinking the U.S. worked a deal out with China to not get involved if the U.S. strikes Iran. China's top military General visited the Pentagon a couple days ago and walked away with sophistacated missile technology. So who knows. It sounds like Russia and China are stepping aside for a pre-emptive U.S. strike. Unless, however, it's a strategic move to trap the U.S. and gang up on them (Russia and China).

We'll have to wait and see. But nonetheless alot of weird developments happening this week.

1. Ayatollah rumors of death/coma.
2. Russia suspending arms trade.
3. China General meeting at the Pentagon
4. China condemning Iranian nuclear pursuit.
5. U.S. two week Deadline ending.

Who knows what else i'm forgetting, but this is all this week.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by J.Son79

I agree, smells like a run-up to war. MSM propaganda against Iran, barely covered international deveopments. Seriously, is it only here that people are willing to put together events from around the world?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
You did forget one thing... Hillary Clinton just left Russia...My theory is that Russia is abruptly stopping the delivery of Iran's best chance of counter attack against an invading army because Clinton convinced Russia to back the USA when we invade IRAN. So Russia stopped the delivery of a weapon that could effectively be used against itself when they back our invasion. Maybe I'm going out on a limb here but it does make sense. Russia just recently signed the deal for the arms and now they are stopping delivery just after Clinton was there to talk about Iran. Sure Iran has other means of defense but the Russian missiles are far more sophisticated than their own. I highly doubt Russia is stopping just because Clinton said "Please oh pretty please don't sell Iran weapons." Either Russia is getting something in return for not selling them weapons or Russia was backed into a corner(which is something the USA tends to do to other countries). This is my conspiracy theory, after all that is what this site is all about...let me know what you think.

LifENcircleS

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
my miltary source - the mistress of the secretary of the wife of teh brother in law to some military bloke somewhere said DEBKA makes up #e to print headlines.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I agree, this article could very well be bull**** given the source, and Russia has been very ambiguous regarding arms sales to Iran, especially the S-300. One month it is officially selling Iran the S-300, then it looks like it changed its mind, then the sale is still on, etc. This is probably Russia's intent - keep the US guessing, and keep Iran begging.

So I don't think that anyone will be able to say definitely if the sale is suspended or not. Personally I believe all this talk about the S-300 being a deterrent is useless. S-300 or not, the US cannot risk attacking Iran and thus aggravating the situation in Iraq and Afghanistan. Not even a missile strike against Iran will work - because Iran can flood Iraq and Afghanistan with insurgents in retaliation.

new topics

top topics

join