It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is no one seeing that Balloon boy story is a fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There are so many things wrong with the story and no one is questioning anything!
Okay people are, but they give up their skepticism as soon as they see the video footage of the Dad or Mom talking and crying over the idea of their son being in the balloon.
Sure if I were a parent I would tear up over such an idea, but c'mon you can't tell me seeing that on TV various networks didn't make you question how legit those tears were. A person is smart, and we know how to detect when someone is really crying or just doing it for a soap.
The whole story sounds silly to me and it amazes me how many people are bought and sold on it w/o even batting an eye.
Sure we could sit here and talk about how the parents are a little off. The Dad kicking around at nothing and the Mom being pragmatic over any situation. I am not here to call out on the parents. Parents are weird, hell my parents are weird also. But there are too many things out of place here in this story.
Good example being as I have been interested and knowledgeable of electronics for a long time. When the Dad said "the box contained a generator that would make one million volts". Okay lets stop here. Lets assume the Dad was really a scientist. and knew his stuff. Generating a few KV of power is no easy task. He said in a report that the box contained equipment to make a megavolt or aka as he said "million volts".
Get real. I don't care if he's a wacko or a real scientist. Show me a million volt generator that sits under a helium balloon. You could argue that he was stressed or put on the spot via camera. Well if so, what scientist couldn't say an accurate measurement of voltage?
That's like saying I put 100 eggs in the salad instead of 10. No cook is gonna goof that!

Okay besides all of my nasty opinions which I feel are true until tested I wonder how many others feel the same way.
At first I gave the family credit. I watched them on *that* tv show where they swapped wives. The Dad has anger control issues, I get that and don't hold it against him. However control has a nasty ability to go hand in hand with manipulative.
I think what may have happened here is that he was going to release a UFO looking object to get media attention. It was all planned out and his wife and him were looking for an extra buck on the media. What ended up happening is that he truly did think his kid climbed inside and flew off. Freaking out but not wanting to admit his story he told the media what we all heard.
Or at least that's what I want to think happened. Otherwise there is a very real chance he used his kid to gain media publicity for his gain.

Or am I crazy and the story the family is telling is true?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
You're not crazy. IMHO it was a STUPIDITY stunt.
Nothing more than a way to get attention.
I wonder if the family will be charged with any costs for the agencies that were put to work trying to locate the boy thinking he had fallen from the balloon.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I Agree.

The whole story is so complex and simple at the same time.

The family and the authorities had words. That is a fact, but what they talked about and how much trouble they actually got in tells the whole story.

We will never know to what levels the PTB will stoop to.

National guard, police, fema, fire dept and everyone else was in on the apparent rescue.

I listened on my police scanner.

You see how much pull that father had after you watch the wife swap episode on youtube. I raise my children to be unique and think out of the box, but never would I condone a bunch of kids flicking off the camera and cursing.

Have some manners.

I have more respect for a crackhead with manners than a child with none.

Excuse my dismay at the parents. But they all look silly. ALL OF THEM

On TV, Movies, News....

None of it reflects reality anymore....

I swear, people need to throw out their TV's.

Peace....

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I don't think your crazy. The dads fake cry is getting old, I've seen it now probably a half dozen times, but still no tears, where is the water works with that cry? I think he had the balloon to do a UFO hoax, when the balloon got away from him, he went for broke to try at another 15 minutes of fame and said his little boy was in it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Because it wasn't fake, it was planted as a psyop.

Did you happen to see NCIS or American Dad this week? Strangely enough, *both* shows had plotlines that involved a rogue UAV going around with a bomb. so now we have 3 rogue things flying around all in the same week?

The military now has all the facebook/twitter activity to see who pays attention to such a story, and it's now included in their matrix program. I'm not joking.

www.theregister.co.uk...

Get pissed off about Hardin Montana? Yep, the government put that into their model of you too.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by tonygal]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
That whole family should be tazed. Well ok not the kids but the husbannd and wife definitely need to be tazed. Then maybe wet crowbarred.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
From everything I've seen so far it looks to me like these people were just looking for some sort of attention.I saw on a CNN show that they have been trying to pitch a show to TLC and were declined.The kid even said on tv last night that he didn't come out of the attic because "they told him it was for a show." Why are people so obsessed about being on tv?These people are completely strange and need to disappear from any media attention and should be charged to pay back all the costs that it took to follow and recover the ballon.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by darklife

It's not fake and it wasn't a balloon either. That's what TPTB want you to think it was actually an Alien UFO made to look like a balloon and the Kid was not a Kid but an intergalactic ambassador made to look like a kid. The whole thing is real

I saw it all on TV!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
On Sydney news last night, there was a short item on this being a hoax. They showed the part where the child said that is was being done for show.

So maybe it's only being ignored as a possible hoax Stateside?

Could it be because this family are pegged to be the next reality TV family aka Octomum to be used as another diverter from the real news??? After all, TPTB need new fresh product rolling out on a regular basis to keep the masses attention occupied so they can do their nefarious stuff unnoticed.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
These idiots need to go to jail for this I just watched the boy say we did this for a show wtf is that arrest them take thier kids from them.

They made everybody looking for him think he was dead.

They were on Wife Swap too just trying to be in the spotlite thats bs.

I wanna beat them with a bat for about an hour.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by slipknotrules2009]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I can see through it. I dont believe it was an accident for a second. They're wanna be actors, and very insencere looking people. We have looked at deception right in the eye and cant tell the difference.

I hope they have to pay up for all the rescue attempts. And supposing it were true, they are guilty of keeping an unsecured (space craft)
in a household with children.

Wonder where their guns are. I bet the kids know.

At the very least they are very irresponsible parents.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I'm not seeing it because I haven't allowed the story to waste more than 5 minutes of my time.

Pretty crappy thing to hoax if true.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is awesome!
We've got reptilians, UFO's and 2012. . .

Wow. Ready to have your mind blown? A former research assistant who slaved for Richard Heene is revealing the deceptive, tragic master plan that Heene concocted to manufacture a media thunderstorm. This...is completely insane. Here's a bullet-point summary:

* Robert Thomas is a self-identified "web entrepreneur" and researcher who worked with Richard Heene at Colorado State University. Thomas loved working with science and electromagnetics since he was a kid, and discovered Heene through his wacky YouTube series.

* Both guys shared interests in mad-scientist questions about the earth's magnetic properties and effects on nature. Thomas starting helping Heene out with his ideas and failing small business, passing out fliers for him.

* Heene went on Wife Swap, went kinda crazy, and developed a superiority complex. Their friendship became less about a shared interest in science and more about Heene and his increasingly megalomaniaical bat# ideas. Most of them had to do with getting on TV again.

* Heene wanted to shop his idea around to a producer he was in contact with from Wife Swap.

* Heene's pitch was: a zany science theory at the beginning of each episode, and at the end, they'd prove or disprove it.

* Heene was crazily firing episode ideas away a mile a minute, one after the other. Robert, who was writing all these ideas down for Heene, was given $15/hour and was promised a lead assistant position on the show by Heene.

* Heene thought they'd use the show to further science. Heene was obsessed with becoming a famous nutty professor. That's where the divide happened. Or as Richard wrote: "He wanted episodes that would shock people and maximize his exposure. And he'd been trying for months. On several occasions, he sat down and told me he'd do whatever it took to make it happen — to win."

* Heene's big idea to launch the show: to manufacture a UFO controversy bigger than Roswell, bigger than anything the world had ever seen before.

* The breaking point: Heene told his then-assistant of Reptilians who could shape-shift that were running the shadow government, and that his fame would enable him to communicate with the masses and expose said Reptillians. He also told Thomas the world was gonna end in a solar flare in 2012, and that they were running out of time.

* Thomas never got paid for the TV work he did with Heene. He passed out a lot of fliers for Heene's general contractor business, which wasn't bringing in cash. Probably because Heene spent too much time on his conspiracy theories and fame attempts. Heene reassured Thomas that it'd pay off. Thomas saw the crazy and got out of dodge.

* On Thursday, he sees the balloon go up. And then Heene's lie about the kid. And a friend, remembering a story Thomas once told him about this guy he worked with, called him up and told him he had to turn Heene in.

* Thomas notes: Heene's attic is too small and difficult to access for a small child to hide in without assistance. Also, that Falcon was the most social, and that those kids never got disciplined by Heene. He never would've hid and feared retribution.

gawker.com...

[edit on 10/18/2009 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ahah! The Sheriff is on all the news channels right now confirming it was a hoax in hopes to gain publicity to get the family a reality TV show.
I knew I wasn't crazy! lol

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I like segment in the Wolf Blitzer interview where the kid farted on national television.

Classy.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
It's not fake and it wasn't a balloon either. That's what TPTB want you to think it was actually an Alien UFO made to look like a balloon and the Kid was not a Kid but an intergalactic ambassador made to look like a kid. The whole thing is real

The kid is a reptilian. .

Heene told his then-assistant of Reptilians who could shape-shift that were running the shadow government, and that his fame would enable him to communicate with the masses and expose said Reptillians. He also told Thomas the world was gonna end in a solar flare in 2012, and that they were running out of time.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
hello all!

im watchign sky news atm (not long crawled out of bed)

they are saying that falcons (balloon boys) mother has now admitted it was a hoax and he was never in the balloon... which is unsuprising to say the least.

top topics

join