It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women's right (forgetting the men)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

We are men, we deal with it, we dont run and cry about our rights, 9 times out of 10 a women is much better at the hands on aspect of taking care of the kids, we are better at other things. Balance of nature.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

I think my point was why do we even need rights groups to begin with, women's , men's or purple people eater's.....

We need rights because humans are no doubt animals, and they have their instincts. Mix instincts with emotions we have humans, a very bad combination, I guess that is the reason why they decided to have laws.

Why do we need wo/men rights? I guess the same reason why we need human rights.

Although these groups are not necessary, as you point out, either neither groups should exist, or both should to create a balance. Without that balance you can expect man's rights to be diminished.

Of curse diminished is a far stretch, but if we have a good think we would come to the conclusion that if one group exists alone then that group would have no competition, just like a judge with no lawyers. Competition is needed, or no competition at all.

I guess your point is no competition which I agree with also.

Thanks for your time

ooz

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
To me, it's all about fairness. For men and women to be treated fairly regardless of gender, that is the ultimate goal.

I think the women's movement was very important to help break out of our old roles. If men feel the need for a movement to break out of theirs (which I fully support) then they should have it.

In general, men aren't treated fairly as regards custody of their children. I think that should change. I know a couple going through a divorce and the kids would definitely be better off with him, but it will never happen. On the other hand, I know that women who are battered by their stronger, larger husbands or boyfriends, many times find it nearly impossible to get away from them without being killed. (Just watched "Enough" this weekend. Great movie!)

So, I think this men's movement is great, as long as the goal is FAIRNESS, not dominance.

<< 1   >>

join