It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

this is weird!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i have a little fun site i go to and type in a few words and get some strange results. i typed in the words "above top secret" and i got this:

above top secret uncover the mysteries of the human mind the technologies of political control b recent trends and new developments in the blnosphere september
douweosinga.com...

so i wanted to know what the definition of blogosphere was and i got this:

Jump to: navigation, search The blogosphere is made up of all blogs and their interconnections. The term implies that blogs exist together as a connected community (or as a collection of connected communities) or as a social network in which everyday authors can publish their opinions.
en.wikipedia.org...

which is all fine and dandy until i get to this part:

Despite the term's humorous intent, CNN, the BBC, and National Public Radio's programs Morning Edition, Day To Day, and All Things Considered have used it several times to discuss public opinion. A number of media outlets in recent years have started treating the blogosphere as a gauge of public opinion, and it has been cited in both academic and non-academic work as evidence of rising or falling resistance to globalization, voter fatigue, and many other phenomena,[3] and also in reference to identifying influential bloggers[4] and "familiar strangers" in the blogosphere.[5][6]
en.wikipedia.org...

notice the reference to "evidence of rising or falling resistance to globalization....and also in reference to identifying [influential] bloggers....

which took me back to wording "technologies of political control" so i googled these words and i found this:

This report also has seven substantive sections covering (a) the role and function of the technologies of political control; (b) recent trends and innovations; (c) crowd control weapons; (d) new prisoner control technology; (e) new interrogation and torture technologies; (f) developments in surveillance technology (including the creation of human recognition and tracking devices and the evolution of new global police and military telecommunications interceptions networks; (g) the implications of vertical and horizontal proliferation of this technology and the need for an adequate EU response, to ensure it neither threatens civil liberties in Europe, nor reaches the hands of tyrants.
cryptome.org...

this is a snippet from "An Appraisal of the Technologies of Political Control" An Omega Foundation Summary & Options Report For The European Parliament.

this was an eye opener for me folks.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by musselwhite]

[mod edit: removed circumvention from title]

[edit on 16-10-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

I have no doubt that the PTB have everyone's "number", but they have had that for a long time. There is no running away from these monsters; as they are ever encroaching on Our very Right to breath. Resisting by every means available is necessary.
S&F

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

TPTB can not come to an agreement on healthcare, can't get us out of a war, can't fix the economy, can't get along, can't act like mature respecful adults, and can't even cover up their own shady lifestyles......

BUT yes, they have your number and they are coming for you.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I've been interested in the Appraisal as well. Here's a post about it that didn't get many takers but did have one interesting reply from an anonymous member:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And a bit more on the topic of internet meme control:

A few wise quotes from Marshall McLuhan to remember:

All media exist to invest our lives with artificial perceptions and arbitrary values.

and...

Today the tyrant rules not by club or fist, but disguised as a market researcher, he shepherds his flocks in the ways of utility and comfort.

I think it's safe to say you can include blogs and social networks in that as well. And not just for "utility and comfort" anymore but control.

[edit on 16/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

i read the post by the anonymous poster in your link to your thread and his reference to incapacitating weapons?? my first thought was comical in that the word lobotomy came to mind! ha ha ha ha (not funny really but still laughing). i am still stunned reading this appraisal. it, in itself, blows my mind.

and his/her statement "maybe the enxt US administration could look into it?" really took the cake since both the parliament and republic eat at the same table and share the same bed.

but when you mentioned ADS which i wanted to know what it stood for and when i search the acronyms list all i could come up w/was Astrophysics Data System.

am i missing something here?

i just find it very odd when i typed "above top secret" and all this was revealed. very strange indeed.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Tmd111

many a truth said in jest my friend. i just wanted to know who you are and where you are coming from in the 2 years you have been with ats. no threads, no replies and a post count of 21......no comment section, no friends or foes.

anyways, what does Tmd stand for? just curious.

one other thing, do you know something that sanchoearlyjones doesn't know?

just the paranoia in me. ha ha ha ha

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
ADS - Active Denial System

www.newscientist.com...

and the new targeted version:

www.newscientist.com...

However, my main area of interest/concern is that if they will go to such expense developing these kinds of weapons for physical control of dissent, what are they doing on the web for virtual control? Specifically, search engine optimization, on-line reputation management, disinfo, cointelpro, etc.

This latest drama of altering the historical record by editing of on-line archived articles is truly disturbing and just the beginning I fear.

An obvious example of the political version of this:

www.computerworld.com...

On-line reputation management "is a space that's hot and is heating up further," says Jeff Zabin, an analyst at Aberdeen Group Inc. who recently co-authored a report on social media monitoring and analysis. Executives are waking up to how the Internet can be used as an early warning system to alert them if their company's brand names and reputations are at risk as a result of a product defect, a disgruntled customer's blog rant or some other looming crisis, says Zabin.

If the news is bad, SEO techniques can help level the playing field. Sophisticated algorithms and other techniques allow manufacturers, retailers and other types of businesses to suppress unfavorable blog posts about their companies, and learn things about consumer preferences and perceptions of their brands like never before.

"I think it's going to change how marketing and research is being done," says Mike Waite, vice president of panels and communities at market research firm MarketTools Inc. The company has partnered with Umbria Inc., a marketing intelligence company that specializes in monitoring social media, to analyze online consumer chatter about MarketTools' clients. "People are just beginning to discover how this kind of data can be applied."

Of course this is already being applied to control political discourse, public opinion and memes, right? "Technologies of Political Control" doesn't have to mean conventional weapons.

[edit on 17/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

[edit on 17/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

OMG, Microwave weapon will rain pain from the sky to "cause a sensation" to deter what or whom?

i know the answer to this; however, this is beyond reason. this is si-fi. i just don't know what to say to the weapons technologies developed to subdue the masses. to think we, as human beings, will be destroyed, utterly.

thanks for your links. the feeling of worthlessness comes to mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
reply to post by Tmd111

many a truth said in jest my friend. i just wanted to know who you are and where you are coming from in the 2 years you have been with ats. no threads, no replies and a post count of 21......no comment section, no friends or foes.

anyways, what does Tmd stand for? just curious.

one other thing, do you know something that sanchoearlyjones doesn't know?

just the paranoia in me. ha ha ha ha

Ha ha no inside knowledge here. "TMD" is just part of my initials. I haven't really posted much mainly because I have just been busy with school and work. I have been reading for a long time. You know how it is, eventually you have to speak up!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Tmd111

glad you are going to school. welcome to the thread. thanks for the info re your user name.

hope to see more posting.

thanks for your contribution.

o, btw, i'm glad to made that statement to someone other than myself or i would be in the closet hiding from tptb!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

do ya think we can touch on the virtual control issue you brought up?

top topics

join