It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the Republicans hypocrites? The other side.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
I agree that no one can live up to the ideals that society has set forth, but that's what makes our society so unique. The constant striving for something better. And if that's the case, why not demand something better from the people we vote to represent us?

Your are not understanding what I said, and like an alcoholic who is first told he has to stop drinking, the words may be difficult to hear. We cannot continue to be the greedy independent thinking people that this country was founded on.

We can be just as great a nation if we look out for our selves as a nation. That includes everyone. Tolerance is what this country was founded on. Let's not forget that as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

I'm trying to understand, (and drink as well) do you mean the abolishment of all parties? If that is the case, what mechanisms would you put in place of the natural partisan divide that occurs when issues differ?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

The main hypocrisy I see in the GOP is that they claim to represent the common working man and small businessman but invariably they favor the Large corporations that off shore jobs once held by American workers and Give subsidies to companies that show record profits and avoid taxes having phony off shore accounts and headquarters in other countries.
Deregulation carried to the extreme and a detriment to the country.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

The trend I'm seeing here is taking on a religious nature.

As a conservative of no particular faith, that's unusual to say the least.

And that doesn't surprise me. That is probably one of the most frustrating things about the Republicans - they're mostly Christians and they often consider themselves more moral/ethical than those of other (or non) faiths.

I can imagine how being called a christian or a bible beater would bug the crap out of you as a pagan. Oy. That's an insult.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I agree, in part. Thanks for the input.

The GOP has lost the base of the common person. Look at unions, they are in lock step with the democrats, even when their individual ideologies collide.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Jesus H Christ, I never knew that. Is being a pervert a prerequisite for the republican party?

Dems and Reps are far beyond the point of salvation as far as I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Like I said in a previous post, you can't legislate morality. But government has gotten so big, they've forgotten where to draw the line.

Hell, they keep redrawing it as they go!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

reply to post by Hal9000

I'm trying to understand, (and drink as well) do you mean the abolishment of all parties? If that is the case, what mechanisms would you put in place of the natural partisan divide that occurs when issues differ?

Say what? When did I say "abolishment of all parties?". Your trying to put words in my mouth.

Like I said, like an alcoholic being told he has to stop drinking. You can't understand what I'm saying. It's like we speak different languages.

Good luck in your quest.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

Sick, ain't it. And they're the party I normally root for. Now to be honest, not all are like that, just the hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
I have come to the conclusion that both democrats and republicans need to be thrown out of office and both parties dismantled. This country is too big for only two major parties. The extreme fringe on both sides has to be cast away to make up new nutty parties that people can point at and laugh.

I

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Just trying to understand.

Must have gone over my head.

Oh, well.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Uno mas....

The GOP claims to be the party of taking personal responsibility and then turns around and votes to lower ethical standards. Jesus H. Christ!!

techrepublic.com.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Disagree, with you both.

while I don't like/approve of the way either party is going, and I agree there needs to be fundamental differences, we need "parties" in the system. Whether it's two, three, or four. The republicans need to grow up, mature, and start walkin' the walk if they're going to talk the talk.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Uno mas....

The GOP claims to be the party of taking personal responsibility and then turns around and votes to lower ethical standards. Jesus H. Christ!!

techrepublic.com.com...

*sigh*

There are some things even an extreme partisan would be unable to defend.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Disagree, with you both.

while I don't like/approve of the way either party is going, and I agree there needs to be fundamental differences, we need "parties" in the system. Whether it's two, three, or four.

I'm not quite sure how that's disagreeing. I think that there needs to be multiple parties in power with slightly different political beliefs. I feel like not everyone fits in category A or category B. And right now, categories C, D, and E are pretty weak. I think there needs to be multiple parties that all have semi-equal power to elect a leader.

Maybe I'm not totally understanding what you mean, but that sounds like agreement to me.

Oh, dang, I want the shrug smiley, but he's not on here....

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

-forgive the slow replys last night med issues, SYFY was going on-
Perhaps my mistake. I often hear the hue and cry to get rid of political parties, or one of the existing ones on ATS. That and that issue that there is "only" one party, and they are just fooling us.

I believe that there are more than one or two parties here in America. The "party" I most favour, the ones with the hypocrites I target in this thread is the one I want reformed the most. (for obvious reasons).

If republicans don't wise up fast, they are going to be relegated to the back halls and perennial laughing stocks of the future. They need to stop focusing on religion. They also need to stop being so centrist. They are not going to appease or gain support by sounding like democrats. But they do have to get off the religious thing. I manage to sound very conservative, believe very conservative all without bringing god, gods, God, Buddah, or Spongebob into the picture.

They have their work cut out for them. And I hope new comers to the party bring real reform with them.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

If republicans don't wise up fast, they are going to be relegated to the back halls and perennial laughing stocks of the future. They need to stop focusing on religion. They also need to stop being so centrist. They are not going to appease or gain support by sounding like democrats. But they do have to get off the religious thing. I manage to sound very conservative, believe very conservative all without bringing god, gods, God, Buddah, or Spongebob into the picture.

I think religion is the least of your problems and moving further from the center will only alienate people more. No, I think you have it right in the title. They need to stop being hypocrites.

When republicans are in power (recently), they spend money like drunken sailors. What happened to fiscal conservatism? Now the talking heads are spewing the rediculous premise that it is all democrats fault, and it makes them look foolish. Now we are in such bad shape, that we have to keep spending so the system doesn't collapse.

I'm not saying that our situation is entirely the republicans fault, because I blame it on the corporations which have way too much control in Washington and that includes both parties. If we fix that problem, I think both parties would reform and represent the people again.

I think a competitive third party would be great, but until we break the grip that corporations have on government, it won't solve anything. This is something the republicans will not want to do.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

I agree. Republicans can't SPELL fiscal responsibility, let alone perform it. This is what bothers me the most about healthcare and other bills coming down the pike.

They don't argue about whether or not to do something, they only argue on the cost.

If the republican fools we have in office were truely fiscally responsible, these earmaks, porkbarrel, and take over bills wouldn't even exist.

We don't just need a third party.

We need a STRONG third party.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Ahh but careful spending is a mark of the democrats? With the current administration how many times have we heard something would cost trillions? No not like either party would be pennywise
Just who they waste the money on changes. I think we the people should withhold all salaries for our politicians since they like to spend so much of other peoples money!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Yes the amounts of spending currently being tossed around is absolutely concerning, and I am not saying that democrats are perfect. That is what you are assuming because I am pointing out republican flaws. The democrats have them as well but if you do a little research, it is pretty clear that republicans are the big spenders ever since the Regan administration.

zfacts.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join