It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Sphinx is more than 12,000 years old.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
The Egyptians, it seems to me, want all of the ancient glory to be theirs. They do not want a greater glory going to an African culture that may have preceded them. In other words they want all the credit.

Good point. I think that's part of it.

However I am pretty sure that the biggest reason for the coverup of the true age of the Great Sphinx and the true builders of it is that the PTB bassturds do NOT want any of this hidden information to go mainstream, so the top Egyptologists are likely bought off to ensure their silence on this matter.

Imagine the big to-do in the world if the information of the Great Sphinx went mainstream world-wide? The PTBs would suffer greatly from a loss of dominance, their loss of their ability to re-write history in their favor, their ability to control the masses, hence they keep a tight lid on it, most likely through bribery.

And I do think that it was the Atlanteans who made the Great Sphinx. I'm pretty sure of that.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would tell you its at least thirty two thousand years old and at most thirty five thousand years old.

That's 32,ooo years old or 35,000 years old.

that goes through quite a bit of unforseen years where there is no human history, the earliest civilisation to date is ancient summeria, from 6000 thousand or so years ago. What happened to the rest? Is the rest history as they shall say.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by menguard]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
that goes through quite a bit of unforseen years where there is no human history, the earliest civilisation to date is ancient summeria, from 6000 thousand or so years ago. What happened to the rest? Is the rest history as they shall say.

There wasn't "no human history" during the times prior to Sumeria -- the Atlantean civilization happened during the times that you mentioned and it went through three major periods of development, separated by two major destructions, followed by a third and final destruction that ended Atlantis, once and for all.

One key reason why I think that the Atlanteans built the Great Sphinx was 1) the timing of the Great Sphinx being built and 2) the fact that Edgar Cayce said that there was a sealed "Hall of Records" in which there were records and proof of the existence of Atlantis and who else but the Atlanteans would put such a "Hall of Records" there?

Occam's Razor would have it that it was the Atlanteans who built the big, old lion.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I would tell you its at least thirty two thousand years old and at most thirty five thousand years old.

That's 32,ooo years old or 35,000 years old.

I want to write a thread about it, or SOMEONE...
if this is in fact true...
lets say "planet X"...or whatever caused this big ice age 10thousand years or so ago...that means THEY LIVED THREW IT...how would they have been able to live threw this? (not saying planet x is real) im saying we did no doubt have a sort of polar shift/ice age AFTER the sphinx was built. So that means there was ancient ANCIENT civilizations around living and made it threw, right?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Historical-Mozart

ATLANTIS IS RISING EVERDAY CLOSER AND CLOSER.

That was the day when extraterrestrials lived amongst humans. Beings knew how to live underneath the water and survive. They knew how to take the oxygen out of a drop of water and breath.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

the melting/end of the ice age was about 10.000 years ago and span was from 150000bc , or so they say.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Historical-Mozart

ATLANTIS IS RISING EVERDAY CLOSER AND CLOSER.

That was the day when extraterrestrials lived amongst humans. Beings knew how to live underneath the water and survive. They knew how to take the oxygen out of a drop of water and breath.

Why are some people injecting aliens into human history? Atlantis was a fictional location, which first arrived on the scene through Plato's writings. Its existence is very-very debatable.

According to the materials I studied in art history, Egyptians have been theorized as to have existed since 10,000 BCE. Its not a new revelation.

If you want to have an honest debate about human history, you people need to leave aliens out of the equation. I know its hard for some of you, and it defies your personal logic of human existence.

Our existence is much more of a human story than anything else.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Pathos

Not all extraterrestrials have to be so foreign to the human appendage. Humans are the new breed of extraterrestrials.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

reply to post by Pathos

Not all extraterrestrials have to be so foreign to the human appendage. Humans are the new breed of extraterrestrials.

If you are referring to the possibility of a second evolution of a species, you would be 100% correct in your analysis. Dinosaurs are an example of a species, which evolved from a smaller version of themselves. When it comes to a whole humanoid species evolving and mastering technology, years ahead of modern man, I will ask you to prove your case. Our knowledge of evolution can identify offshoots within the human evolution cycle, but it currently cannot prove an entire humanoid species beat humanity to the top.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join