It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there so much secrecy with free-masonry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Masonry as an organization had nothing to do with any historic event..

Masons have been involved in many historic events.. but did they act as individuals or masons? .. logic says individuals..

"Are great people made, or born" .. one could ask do great men become great through masonry, or do great men simply join masonry?

Your views of history are flawed.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The freemasons recently had an open day here - so at least they are trying to be open.

I think they are just a group of likeminded people - and that could be said of any religion, any belief, anything.

This is why the world is suffering - hate the other guy if he doesn't believe what you do.

I think that covers all human suffering.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by adama1
My god how many times can the same bull be posted.

Hear goes Freemasonry is an order which has plays and acts in it, their is no governing body thats the beauty everyone can be different and have different ideas and beliefs.

You state they should be more open how can you be more open when you can find all their is to know on-line and in books.

Their is no secret, nobody is trying to achieve a higher order it's a night out the house.

Why do people post so much nonsense???

As for historical figures being members, why does it matter should every political figure that's been a member of the Scouts, Buffalo's etc disclose what they are a member of, what people do in their private time is their business an no-one else's. It may be partly that they see ignorrant people saying things like Masonry is evil, masonry is Un-Christian that they can't be bothered explaining themselves to people like i am here and now.

Hope i have explained as best i can and showed your post to be Bull.

Sick and tired of stupid posts going over the same crap!

[edit on 16-10-2009 by adama1]

I agree. The real secret societies would be the ones that operate in complete secrecy with only those of its highest order, which is certainly not the impression I get from the "evil" free-masons. But, I strongly get this impression from high forms of government and the church (Vatican). Both of these organizations operate in complete secrecy at their highest levels. What the Pope has locked up in the Vatican, sorry local Father Joe, you ain't gotta touch it. And, what the CIA has locked in its vaulted, sorry, Senator, you ain't touching it. You won't even look at it or hear about it...unless they decide to declassify "it," in which case you might not even be getting the original document.

You want secret societies' information? Too bad. Logic will tell you if it's a secret society, you will never hear about its current and most important inner workings because, by definition, it's a secret.

Why does this escape the minds of so many people? It baffles me, but then I look around at most people, and then I just laugh it off and continue on with my life's path. Sorry folks but you'll never find any real secrets on YouTube or Google searches or ATS. If you did, by definition, it would no longer be a secret of that organization. If it's not a secret of the organization, then basically either it is no longer threatening to that organization or...the 'secret' was never a 'secret' in the first place - it was a lie meant to distract you.

That's exactly what most of these things are: distractions. Anything to keep your mind busy while they run the world as you see it through your eyes and "information." If you want the truth, I have a place for you to start: first, realize not everything you hear or see is what it really is; it's meant for you to reason through and "decrypt." Develop your own methods of exploring and communicating with that of higher being than you. I don't recommend you put your hands together and pray to "God" either, as that hasn't worked for millions of people when they wanted it most to work. Use logic and reasoning. If you don't have any, uhh, then, sorry.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by glitchinmymatrix]

[edit on 17-10-2009 by glitchinmymatrix]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by prevenge
If you went up to the average person on the street and said :"We are seeking to bring humanity closer to equivalence of form with the Creator, no matter what it takes"
... they would think you are insane and not trust your judgment.

hence do it in secrecy, until there is no threatening resistance to success.

-

Mkay. Well, that's about the only reason I would trust you!

As for me, I can't handle the lies (just in general, nothing to do with Masonry).

From your other post, casting pearls before swine is a lousy analogy. It never quite sat right with me. The swine would just pass them and they might even end up shiny and polished. The simian with dominion over the earth would toss them back at you, damaging them and possibly costing you an eye or two or three.

yeah i've only used that expression once... right here!

i think what i mean is more... not so much to not cast them to swine because of the fact that something bad may happen to the swine...

but rather...
what happens to your own makeup when you see what they do with the pearls...

as in.. you hold this knowledge as sacred and invaluable.. tidbits of knowledge as to how everythign its together in a beautiful mythological and esoteric, scientifically practical tapestry...

then you toss out a few tid bits of it.. and see it trampled underfoot by the swine.. vomited back out in a disrespectful and degrading manner.

to not expose yourself to the regurgitated disrespecting of such noble items of wisdom...

is to not bring forth the tid bits to unworthy ears/mouths ... ie: swine...

so as not to willfully expose yourself to that unfortunate situation of witnessing masterpieces of glorious artistry manured upon by superstitious or incomprehensing minds.

ie: who cares what the knowledge does/doesn't do to the swine.
do care about what happens to the knowledge that the swine is now interacting with...
because unbeknown to you...other fertile minds may by chance witness the swine chewing and spitting and grisling upon it.. supping on it's fat.. and vomiting forth unruly larvae which infest thereof.
Hence potentially eliminating the option of said fertile mind's consideration being likened towards said pearls.

capiche?

-

-

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PenandSword

That video doesnt really have anything to do with anything being discussed in this thread lol.

Anyways, like others have said there really are no secrets to freemasonry. We have some handshakes and some words we use to recognize eachother. Thats really it pretty much.

As far as the whole knights templar thing there really isnt much proof that freemasons descended directly from the templars. Ive read hiram key and born in blood and all those books and there is really no solid proof in my eyes for a connection. Although if there was a connection I really wouldnt see a problem with it... I dont consider the templars evil or whatever in any way whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
As far as I can tell, the goal of Freemasonry is to become God... = CULT

The goal of Christianity, Judaism and Islam is to worship God. = RELIGION

The common goal of all of them is to make money

Freemasonry is nothing but a moron's circlejerk, nothing to fear.

They are only secretive because if we knew everything about them no one would join.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

Uhhh... become god?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jeasahtheseer

well, not literally.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
As far as I can tell, the goal of Freemasonry is to become God... = CULT

I suppose that might depend upon the faction. Realizing the divinity inherently within you is not the same as becoming God. Collectively we (and no, I'm not limiting this to Earth and/or humans) are already God. There's nothing to become. We only need to awaken to that fact.

To try to become God is Luciferian. Realizing divinity within is quite Christian.

The goal of Christianity, Judaism and Islam is to worship God. = RELIGION

Nobody gets my worship...period! No negotiating. No prostration. Just a tiny wink, wink.

The common goal of all of them is to make money

Freemasonry is nothing but a moron's circlejerk, nothing to fear.

They are only secretive because if we knew everything about them no one would join.

No comment.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Capichi! I just find the idea of metaphorically lowering swine to the level of humans to be disagreeable to my ethics.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

Where does it state that we want to become Gods?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

So far as I'm aware brother, to view ones self as God does not meet the requirements of being a Mason does it?

I guess that's the problem with ignorant individuals trying to say they know all about a subject they know nothing about. That doesn't even go into his incorrect deffinition of "cult" and "religion"... *sigh* I miss the days of members being worthy to debate with..

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Hi,

This is my first post so bear with me

Reference for all my jabbering: talking from a UK perspective

There is one fact that has, so far, been overlook in this thread. Freemasonry isn't a secret society, it is a secretive society. Masonry describes itself as a "Secular Fraternal Society", again not a Secret Society.

There are secrets in masonry, I think we can all agree on that one. But at the same time there are similar secrets in everyday life. A classic example is your home PC. We all have passwords for our user accounts. We have this as we dont want whoever accesses that PC to see our personal files (or our knowledge) therefore these are our "secrets".

I think there is far too much emphasis on these "secrets" and not enough emphasis on the good work that is done from masonry. For example here in the UK Freemasons are the biggest contributor to charity, second only to the UK National Lottery.

I agree that the "secrets" are a fascinating subject, but only because they are a secret.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle456

When the work was written 200+ years ago, being able to hold a friend's secret was measure of honor. Somehow in the intervening time society as a whole has become a lot more suspicious, it would seem. (Though to be fair, fearing what man does not know is a trait that spans all of history...)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Very true, which I guess in a way is why this whole site is so popular. As what we don't know or understand has always either invoked fear or interest. But looking at the true origins of masonry highlights the obvious reasons for secrets.

According to many books on the subject, many conversations and posts modern Freemasonry has its roots based in the stone mason guilds of ancient times *. You can assume that there were rival guilds of stone masons each with different techniques and methods on how to craft stone etc. Therefore these were the secrets in each guild which and needed to be kept secret from others. However as time progressed in masonry these will have possibly been put into a modern context (modern is used in the relative term relatively here). So the meanings have taken a more moral point of view rather than the original practical ones.

* some info taken from the book The Freemasons by Michael Johnstone - other books are available of course

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Doodle456

Good post, it seems ok for people in everyday life to have passwords and stuff they like to keep secret but when it's a Freemason it then turns into devil worshipping, lizards, reptilians and all other kind of stupidity under the sun.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by adama1]

<< 1   >>

join