It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow's mayor vows to battle blizzards in the frigid Russian capital this winter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Moscow's mayor vows to battle blizzards in the frigid Russian capital this winter

www.courant.com

MOSCOW (AP) — Moscow's mercurial mayor, famous for seeding clouds to prevent rain during parades, is escalating his war on weather with plans to slash this year's snowfall by one-fifth in the Russian capital.

"If it works out, Chicago or Montreal may want to copy us," said Kremlin-linked lawmaker Sergei Markov, who like Luzhkov belongs to the dominant United Russia party.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 10/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Now the Yankees have contacted him to find out if he can prevent snow fall during a late playoff run for the yankees ballclub this month.

Many people think its bad for the planet and/or just a bad idea in general.
I think if the technology is possible why are we buying it from Russia and not the US military... I dont know.

What do you think? Would you attend a game if you knew that the Russians were seeding the clouds above your head?

www.courant.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Where2Hide2006]

[edit on 10/18/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
does it matter if its russia or the us military doing it?

weather happens for a reason. hurricanes happen, snow storms happen, afternoon showers happen all for a reason.

i can only see a negative impact on the globe if we are/continue to change weather cycles.

I saw an episode of "that's impossible" not too long ago about what the US is allegedly doing with HAARP as far as controlling weather, mainly stopping hurricanes from hitting the US after Katrina...if that is the case it's only a matter of time before a cataclysmic event happens that we aren't able to control.

but to answer the question, no i wouldn't. but not bc russia is doing it, because i find it to be negative to weather patterns.

[edit on 10/16/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm often amazed at the new level of arrogance we can reach as a species.

yeah, that's worth it. Let's change the balance of the atmosphere so we can make sure we don't get snow during our baseball game. Geez.

Yeah, it's probably benign (keep telling myself that) but no, I wouldn't go. I would want to find out whose idea it was and throw a peanut at them.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Cracks me up when we see TPTB pushing Climate Change agendas left right and center trying to make us feel guilty. Implementing environmental programs like carbon taxes eugenics and using eminent domain when like always they are the ones doing the most damage to the environment.

But hey if we change our light bulbs we can save the polar bears.

There are still people even on this site that will say that you can't control the weather and that chemtrails don't exists. hilarious.

Starred and Flagged this is important stuff but it's not as important as the balloon boy story

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I wonder if now that THE NY Yankees acknowledges weather manipulation the rest of the world will follow and accept that it's has been done and is being done by other govts around the world including OURS.

Anyone want to seriously tell me that Russia and China can manipulate weather and we cant?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'm sure the Russians have thoroughly tested the potential health effects of the seeding process on both humans, animals, and plant life.

They are always notably concerned about safety.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Yes and to the point! Of course The U.S. does this on a regular basis... it is on the hush hush though, as they try to keep it from prying eyes, especially hidden from organizations that rally about "climate change" etc. The EPA is in on it.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I can't find anything in that article about the Yankees contacting the Moscow Mayor to change the weather over the Stadium. I google'd it as well and nothing came up. I would imagine ESPN would have something about this too, but there's nothing on their website. Perhaps the article was edited after being posted?

top topics

join