It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The voice in the teleprompter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
The voice in the teleprompter

Current president Berack Obama and former president, George W Bush have seen a particular interest by various media to the instrument they covertly carry and depend on for guidance when giving public speaches. It’s called a teleprompter. Much speculation has been generated as to who is/was on the opposite end of the teleprompter giving orders and guidance to these two leaders.

Who do you think was guiding George W Bush through his teleprompter?………

Who do you think is guiding Barack Obama through his teleprompter?…………

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

Their bosses , through their speech writers, we just cant see the strings because theyre volunteers for the job, it has great benefits.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Bush used a teleprompter?

If so, that boy had some SERIOUS problems with his reading comprehension... and accidentally hired internet trolls for his writing staff.

While I no doubt believe that he did have coaching, talking points, pre-written speeches, and probably used a teleprompter on more than one occasion - he was also known to divert and follow his gut... say what felt right... and generally made a total ass of himself when he did so. He couldn't seem to connect what he felt with any manner of word structure typically used to convey useful information. He choked, he stammered, and he blundered.

Palin seemed to have that same penchant for off-the-cuff, from-the-heart, dialog that was intended to connect with people on a fundamental understanding... but just ended up causing her to choke under pressure when her confidence overshot her understanding and vocabulary... making her sound like Miss Teen USA S.Carolina.

There's tons of them cataloged online. They're called Bushisms. Obama has a few, but not nearly as many. He's a better public speaker and more agile minded.

Speech writers for Presidents have been around forever, but Kennedy and Roosevelt were probably the most iconic in the emerging media, transforming their use. Roosevelt through his fireside chats, and Kennedy through the Television. He had the distinction of being there for the first televised Presidential debate, where he squared off with Nixon.

I'm not sure who gets the Internet prize, as in... being remembered for innovative and transformative use of the internet as a means of addressing the public. Obama and McCain's campaigns were fairly bland in retrospect, with Ron Paul's grassroots campaign funding being the spotlight bandit with his record breaking and unexpected grassroots fundraising effort.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I don't really see anything nefarious behind a teleprompter.

I think they use it so as to keep looking forward and focus on the "audience", having to continously look down at a paper doesn't acheive the same results.

Each president has a 'army' of speech writers. Who knows what influences their writings.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There is probably more than one voice behind every leader but I am guessing Vice President Dick Chaney behind Bush, and Rohl Emmanuel behind Obama

new topics

top topics

join