It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in Amer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tdogg1

Guilt based motivation is insincere and this racial guilt business is non-sensical at best. If one goes back far enough, everyone's ancestor, clan, race, tribe, nation, religion, gender etc. is both the victim and the purpetrator of some moral injustice. If we are to truly eliminate such travesties, it won't be through looking to the past and pointing fingers, but by looking forward and holding hands. Make sense?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tdogg1

You were doing ok until you pulled this card.

Whites are a dangerous, dangerous race, and they terrify even themselves.

There are no criminal races, but you want to assign blame all the same. All races, all civilizations practiced the art of war, and slavery. None are better than the rest. If whites are so terrified of each other, then why do so many whites prefer to live in communities that are primarily white?

What is clear is that you have not bothered to read the thread, or even care what others have to say.

You come here and preach racism, and then claim that because others point out your racist comments, that somehow makes them wrong?

No doubt you will not come back, because you want to keep your delusions in tact. Ah, but we are all psychopaths.

Clearly you should live in a country that is not controlled by white men.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

She had bleach poured down her throat and her privates to cover up the evidence of the rape. That indicates not only a horrific torture death for the victim, but forethought by that of the animals that killed her. She was probably in so much pain that she wanted to die. Yet the animals that did it to her will get coddled in the court system to avoid bad race relations.

I'm calling your bluff since so many people on ATS are so adept at blowing smoke. Cite me a court case that is FOR CERTAIN that involves a black person getting a slap on the wrist to avoid bad race relations for committing a hate crime against a white person?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

I'm intrigued by this concept of "white privilege." I could have sworn all the white people I know (myself included) got where they did by hard work rather than sitting around feeling all victimized.

LOL! That really is funny...really!
. Why? Because i've seen the opposite, white people get jobs because their white..at a university no less! I have know of incidents of black women with degrees at a university get passed over in favor of a white person with just a high school degree. Same amount of experience for both parties too...but then again knowing some folks on ATS it ain't racism but some other kind of ism...we just gotta make it up!

2nd line.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Of COURSE!!!

it ALL MAKES SENSE!

Speak about Secret economic wars, the plans to decentralize the economy to destroy the hereditary Illuminist hierarchy, and take back control of the world from Merchant Princes...

15 responses.

Talk about Racism...

6 PAGES of responses.

Uhg!

-Edrick (Don't make me come down there!)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by took24

Try living 24 years under a microscope. Every move you make, turn you take, word you speak is analyzed. And I'm one of the lucky ones. Good education, $$, family. Some of you really depress me. I guess I should just be happy you all let me use the public toilets atleast.

Well that's the problem. When a black person does something it's automatically assumed that ALL black folks are that way. And i take this opinion from some of the ignorant responses made by the people on this very site.

But when the shoe is on the other foot...nothing is said. This country's base is hypocritical, the very foundation of it. So i expect the worst while hoping for the best, it's all i'm willing to do.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Sadly for the most part MLK helped to destroy his own dream. His dream was that his children would someday be judged not by the color of their skin but by who they were. He helped to end his own dream by near the end embracing affirmative action, which had at that point been hijacked by radicals.

Affirmative action was not a terrible idea at the start but again it was taken over and turned from something asking for equal chances to attain jobs to something demanding that jobs be provided (to a certain percentage of one’s workforce) even if the qualifications are not there.

Actually up until the point when affirmative action kicked in blacks were experiencing a rise in acceptance across the U.S. More jobs were becoming available including management positions. More blacks had started to move into integrated colleges at that point as well than into black only colleges. That is not saying there were not racist people or that in some areas there was a more severe degree of racism, but that it was certainly at a starting point for fading to a lesser amount.

Actually the affirmative action that was signed and passed by congress was written correctly. Meaning it was asking for equality, but the courts ruled differently on it. The court themselves changed the meaning of affirmative action. This did nothing but cause a greater rift in the race relations, one that will continue until the court’s ruling is looked at more closely and over turned. Things must be equal not helping one more than the other, or we will never truly be allowed to move on.

Raist

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by EMPIRE

Nice attempt at a dodge, but I have already referred to your post, and quoted you.

My question has nothing to do with sexism. I am asking you to back up this statement by you, that I have asked about three times now.

How do you justify saying?

What I’ve said is the white race, as a whole, has not taken responsibility for past transgressions. This is not finger pointing, this is fact.

Well let me say this take a look at this link, VOTE: Should Congress apologize for slavery . Look at the poll results, vote if you want. Now following that line of thinking just because it happened in the past doesn't mean it has anything to do with today. I mean 9/11 happened, but that's in the past! It has no bearing whatsoever of why we are in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I mean due to systematic American slavery black folks got a kickass ride to greatest country on Earth and we also had laws in the past passed specifically for us! I mean that's how gerrymandering came about! Heh yea, Manifest Destiny applied to everyone except the natives

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I struggle the same as anybody else here, yet some people think that somehow i have to not only suffer the hardships of society now, i also have to shoulder blame for, apologize, and "listen" to others complain about attrocities in the distant past that i had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with? Wrong.

I don't blame you that's dumb. However YOU DO benefit from it whether you like it or not and that's what EMPIRE is trying to tell folks, that you are ACTUALLY BENEFITING from the enslavement and the actual subsequent laws passed to keep black americans segregated and down and from what i've seen that is really a sore spot for some white people on ATS, just suggesting it gets their blood boiling.

I mean really, how many television shows are their that actually has an ALL BLACK cast? Few to none and i'm not talking about BET or TVOne, i'm talking about free TV (ABC, CBS, NBC) that suppose to represent this country with its programming. How many television programs have an all white cast? I'm still waiting to see a black person on a commercial for Two and A Half Men. Cuz you know personally i'm sick and tired of watching a TV program that has the token black guy...

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I've addressed everything you've said in prior posts, yet it appears you aren't capable of addressing the issues being presented. Moreover, you and others have called me racist, yet I've asked all of you to post the definition of racism or racist (which I've already done by the way) and show how I'm a racist. Not ONE of you has done so, and due to your own ignorance and insecurities, you’ve thrown every fallacy and lie my way in hopes that I’ll succumb to the lunacy and react how you desire. No. As previously stated, I’m Pavlov, and I told each and everyone of you how you would react in my very first post, and look! You’re doing exactly what I said you would!

You said, “the only way to eliminate racism is to eliminate racism”. That my friend, is circular thinking 101 and was all I needed to solidify my belief that intelligent thinking and observation elude you. What you’re saying is the same as saying, “The only way to drive a car is to drive a car”, or “The only way to eat a steak is to eat a steak.” What you’re saying is totally devoid of logic, and the use of caps to denote emphasis adds to the hilarity. How do you end racism? What steps do you take to do it?

Race should mean nothing more than the color of one's shirt. But you don't want that to happen.

Lies, please refer to my first post in this thread.

You mentioned me being "lucky" to have a job, my boss and about half my co-workers are black, WTF was your point? We all get along fine, race is NEVER even brought up, and it's nice. Although like i've said, although my performance is stellar, i've not been given many opportunities to advance, the "white priviledge" failed me again. Then i come here and read your racist garbage, pretending to have some moral highground.

Ok, apparently someone has been hiding under a rock for too long. Do you have any idea about the current unemployment rates, how people are constantly losing their jobs, homes, cars, etc? Again, you’re lucky you even have a job, but leave it up to you to think everything is racial and has to do with race. LOL! In the future, take a hint before a slander, and if you are not sure about the context of a statement, ask before you show your hand.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

The problem with this statement is that the white race, as a whole, is NOT responsible for those past transgressions. Specifically slavery, since that seems to be what you're alluding to.

Okay, so then the Germans themselves as individuals and as a whole aren't responsible for Holocaust. Like you said, why hold the actions of a few against the whole eh? So why then did they prosecute German soldiers that participated? They could have just...left right?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Oh, I had to respond to this one...

What you’re saying is the same as saying, “The only way to drive a car is to drive a car”, or “The only way to eat a steak is to eat a steak.” What you’re saying is totally devoid of logic, and the use of caps to denote emphasis adds to the hilarity.

Are you telling us that there is another way to eat a steak than actually eating the steak?

Is their another way to drive the car, than actually driving the car?

I understand that this is merely a metaphor you are using to describe a situation...

But you chose some pretty poor metaphors.

I'm just saying, is all.

-Edrick (I'll turn this internet Right around!)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Empire belongs with the NWO empire, since he/she knows what is best for the rest of us and how we should feel/think.

Lies.

Why do you not tell us what to feel/think.

Please clarify your statement.

Do you feel/think each of us non black folk should give 10-20% of our wages to the black community? Or do you think 50% would be better?

Another one who types/talks before he reads and listens. Did you miss the part earlier where I said I'm not talking about reperations or anything like that? If there was ever a case of dumb questions yours would qualify and earn the top prize.

Should all of us non black folk prostrate ourselves when one of the chosen walk by?

See above, and I've already stated what should be done.

Empire *************************. Because I cannot say what I mean or I will be arrested for a hate crime. Sorry mods, I cannot deny ignorance or allow outright racism.

So you're denying ignorance when you ask questions where the answers have clearly been presented? How are you allowing outright racism? By watching many people call me a racist when not ONE has backed their claims?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

More selective reading by ATS users. R-E-A-D what I was replying to. The guy said the only way to end racism is to end racism. How do you end racism? What steps do you take to do it? How do you drive a car or eat a steak? Do you put gas on the steak, or do you put seasonings in the car and pray that you can drive to work? Please, R-E-A-D what was said and what I was replying to and then you will know that my analogy is based on the idiocy of another member and merely a substitution of words.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by Edrick

More selective reading by ATS users. R-E-A-D what I was replying to. The guy said the only way to end racism is to end racism. How do you end racism? What steps do you take to do it? How do you drive a car or eat a steak? Do you put gas on the steak, or do you put seasonings in the car and pray that you can drive to work? Please, R-E-A-D what was said and what I was replying to and then you will know that my analogy is based on the idiocy of another member and merely a substitution of words.

Are you really going there?

Let's see.... I eat a steak, by.... uhm...

I cut the steak with a knife, I take the piece and dip it in A1 (Loves me some A1) and then I put it in my mouth.

My jaw moves up and down, applying pressure (as a cutting action) to the steak through the wedge action of my teeth...

Once the steak is shredded properly, I swallow it, and it passes through my esophagus to my stomach, where digestion begins.

This process that I have described is called "Eating" (A.K.A. Eating a Steak)

So, I'll ask you again... is there another way to eat a steak, than the process (Known as "Eating") that I just described?

If you are going to use a simile to attempt to disprove someones statement... you should use a simile that fits the statement.

I.E. "The only way to achieve world peace, is to stop fighting"

You see... *THAT* is probably what you were looking for.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

I believe I can answer that question, though I understand it was not directed at me. Sorry if you feel I am intruding, that is not the intention.

They were persecuted because they were involved in it at that time. I do not know anyone today that persecutes or blames any Germans that were not involved in the holocaust for the holocaust. Why punish a German soldier today for something another soldier did many decades ago?

Simply meaning if they were not there and had no hand it they are free of any guilt. Today I know of no one that is involved in slavery of any form. They should be free of any guilt.

I work for a German owned company and can say they (those I have met) without doubt some of the nicest people I have met.

But if we are going to start talking about owing someone something or feeling bad I want people to start apologizing for the many deeds done to my native ancestors who were kill, raped, robbed, and removed from their land. I guess I should just hate myself? Because I am of mixed blood. Maybe I could start by telling myself I am sorry for the crimes of my father’s, father’s, father’s, father’s, father?

I guess for the most part most whites don’t feel like they should be held accountable for the actions of those past is because they had nothing to do with it. We have moved on and do what we can within reason to make life better for those of different races. We treat people as we would be treated asking nothing more than we would ask another. If that is not enough I do not know what else to say aside from “oh well”. What really do you want from me? Really what do you want? I have my own daily life issues to deal with other than being hung up on the atrocities of the past. You cannot change the past but we can work toward having a better tomorrow, the only way to do that is to forgive the past and let it stay while remembering it so that it does not repeat itself.

Raist

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

You're absolutely right. It does get my blood boiling. How exactly have I benefitted from slavery? The only example you've given, was the casting of STUPID TV shows I don't even watch. There are PLENTY of all black shows as well, but i'm not in the least bit interested in debating casting decisions, again, made by OTHERS, not myself. YOU on the other hand, have benefitted from slavery. YOU can now get a job, STRICTLY based on the color that light bounces off your skin. YOU can gain access to college funds, based on the SAME thing. ONCE AGAIN, i have been consistenly passed over for promotions, that have been consistently given to minorities far less qualified and tenured. But you will continue to whine and cry about something that happened in the past to people OTHER THAN YOURSELF. It's amazing, it really is. The nerve you have.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Whatever you say, IMO you're a RACIST. You've proven that to me, beyond any doubt, I have no desire to go round and round with you debating semantics and definitions. I AM NOT SORRY FOR SLAVERY. At all. Not one little bit. I had nothing to do with it. Anybody expecting me to "take responsibility" for the past i had NOTHING to do with, can in no uncertain terms, BLOW IT OUT THEIR @SS. Is that clear enough?

[edit on 20-10-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
quote]Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by EMPIRE

YOU don't think I'm "WORTHY" of an in depth response?

You weren’t and you still aren’t. I’ve explained why this was/is the case. I am obligated to myself to stand accountable for my words, and this is the reason why you’re getting a response. The responses being given aren’t due to you guys being geniuses, because you’ve guys impressed me with your rhetoric or banter (you most certainly aren’t and haven’t), or because I want you as friends. Again, I stated it, I can answer, but I do not like having to address the same thing over and over when the answers were stated PAGES ago.

WOW, that is some ego you have. I feel kind of sorry for you because so many people are piling on, but you bring it on yourself.

More proof you don’t read. In my last response to you I specifically gave you the reason why. It has nothing to do with ego, but there you ago again misfiring and relying on your cartoon like imagination to get the job done. In response to feeling sorry for me, don’t feel sorry for me, feel sorry for those who have bled for this country but never got a fair shake. Feel sorry for those who are buried under the rubble of those recent quakes. Feel sorry for yourself because you rely on fallacies and lies to solidify a nonexistent premise. Don’t, however, feel sorry for me as I’ve been holding my own in this thread, and will continue to hold my own. All I have to do is hold on to truth, and the reason why I’m subjected to such foolishness by the likes of you and those in this thread, is because you all forsake truth and indulge in lies and hypocrisy.

I am not a beneficiary of slavery, but I have paid for what my family has never done nor benefited from, through affirmative action.

ROFL!

I listen, I have heard all of these arguments many times, and shot them down for the nonsense they are.

You haven’t shot down ANYTHING I’ve presented. But if the mood strikes I’ll take my focus from other members and indulge your round the bend rabble.

You avoid responding because the beliefs into which you have been indoctrinated are based on large distortions of history, which are easily proven to be wrong when examined.

I told you why I avoided responding. The answer to your question was already answered multiple times. Why do you insist on asking the same thing over and over? It’s like you’re mind is stuck in a time warp/loop and questioning similar to kids who repeatedly ask, “Are we there yet?”

From our debates on this subject in the past, you have been forced to face this reality. Your response has been to wrap yourself into a kind of cocoon of egoism. Eventually you will emerge from this a better man. It is process we all go through.

Lies. Post any conversation between the two of us, especially this thread, and you’ll see what the truth really is.

Here is the reality. The only people who benefited from slavery were the wealthy elites.

Wrong, and other members and myself have shown this to be a warped reality that seeks only to distort history and perpetuate mendacious antics.

The ancestors of these same people established the academic requirements which you wisely followed to gain opportunity for yourself in life.

Are you insane? In another thread I’ve said the schools today are nothing more then a manufacturing plant designated to cranking out worker bee’s, yet here it is you’re telling me I wisely followed the academic requirements to gain an opportunity for myself in life. I must have you know that I just spit my water all over my screen. Friend, what do you know about me? Honestly, do you even know if I went to a public school? Do you even know if I were home schooled? Maybe I could be a drop out? You are a clear example of people who make unfounded claims and throw reasoning out the window.

Now that you have your sheepskin, do your own research, and work on revealing the truth.

In closing, you asked for an answer, I ignored you because the question was redundant. You begged for an answer so I cut and pasted the answers for you. Not only did you totally avoid addressing the answers, you then LIE about me giving you the answers, even though I gave them to you and concoct more fables that I shouldn’t have to address.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Edrick

Are you really going there? Let's see.... I eat a steak, by.... uhm...I cut the steak with a knife, I take the piece and dip it in A1 (Loves me some A1) and then I put it in my mouth. My jaw moves up and down, applying pressure (as a cutting action) to the steak through the wedge action of my teeth...Once the steak is shredded properly, I swallow it, and it passes through my esophagus to my stomach, where digestion begins. This process that I have described is called "Eating" (A.K.A. Eating a Steak) So, I'll ask you again... is there another way to eat a steak, than the process (Known as "Eating") that I just described? If you are going to use a simile to attempt to disprove someones statement... you should use a simile that fits the statement. I.E. "The only way to achieve world peace, is to stop fighting"You see... *THAT* is probably what you were looking for.-Edrick

Are you really going to go there? Do you know what his statement was? Here is his exact statement:

Originally posted by 27jdThe only way to eliminate racism, is to ELIMINATE RACISM.

Again, those are not my words, and what I told him was that it was circular reasoning (which it is) and then proceeded to tell him that his words are no different from to drive a car you drive a car, etc. I then asked him to explain how one ends racism, therefore, there was no need to use the similie you suggest because I had already stated his statement was absurd and that the examples I gave were equally absurd.

Here is my exact quote as it will prove that you're speaking in haste and in need of correction.

What you’re saying is the same as saying, “The only way to drive a car is to drive a car”, or “The only way to eat a steak is to eat a steak.”

R-E-A-D the BOLD text. I am comparing and contrasting his madness with something that is equally as absurd because it is circle reasoning. Therefore, doing what you suggest is not applicable because I'm not comparing and contrasting logic to foolishness but foolishness to foolishness.

To you I say, less time typing, more time reading.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join