It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in Amer

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
With affirmative action placing unqualified people in positions of teaching & authority, "baby daddies" not taking responsibility for raising their offspring and youth immersed in the black thug rap culture, it is no wonder that black youth hates the white man and the feeling is mutual. Looking from the other direction, white youth is basically afraid of their black peers and finds imitation as a way of de-fusing the situation. No wonder there is a lot of built up resentment that turns into violence.

I say the best way to handle a mixed population is to let everyone stand on the merit of their character and natural ability and drop all the forced "let's all just get along" garbage. If there is an altercation, the offending party should be disciplined to the full extent of the law and nothing more.

We would not be in this situation if we had not tried to artificially modify the status of individuals that do not have the mental and/or economic resources necessary to advance in a competitive society. This goes for everyone regardless of race.

In my opinion, any "crime" could be labeled a hate crime as the perpetrator obviously has some dislike for the victim or their social status.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
upon first glance, this thread kind of seems like a bunch of white people complaining that they were victimized by black people in some way.

Um, I'm not white I am hispanic. In highschool, I got picked on by black white, and hispanic kids. I've been harassed by all of three races on more than one occasion (even asian people!) since then.

Turns out, EVERYBODY can be a total jackass.

Also if you actually believe the judicial system favors black people over white people, you are so sadly mistaken. I've gotten my white friends harassed by the cops because they thought I was selling them weed rather than just hanging out.

My friend (who was/is white) and I got truancy tickets in highschool. He had to pay less of a fine and do less community service hours. I got my license revoked until I was 18, in addition to more hours and a bigger fee.

The courts favoring a minority over a white person, right good one

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I've read most of the replies to this post, and I see weak governments, people angry that have no right to be, hate can be regenerated in sons and daughters until it is a part of ones being. After that reason means nothing you hate because that's what you ARE, a hate machine that is easily controlled by the puppet masters.

Black people choose to be victims of their own past, they are after all as human as the rest of us. I have as a white person had to deal with racism from Muslims, my only crime was to fall in love with a Muslim girl, but the venom I received was pure hate and rage, what I was in their eyes was evil, there hearts were black and they would have killed me without a second thought. The only reason I'm alive is because the police decided I had incited them, all the crimes they committed against me and my family were ignored.

I lost the love of my life to racism and hate, and almost lost my life. Do I hate these people? No! I feel for them, that the have so much hate it must be a heavy burden, and not much space for love can be left.

I walked away lesson learned. I do not feel racist towards any colour or creed, my societal behaviour and conditioning may show otherwise and I am very wary of strangers. I have or seem to have developed a radar for people and can pick out almost instantly those not to trust and are out for themselves.

I never trust the media and for the most part ignore or avoid it, TV is a manipulative tool to access the masses and most people trust to be the truth, I am not so trusting of such information.

I wonder why people cling to their nations, culture, race and history, to me it seems that if it relates to 'like kind' its about peace and love but externally cultural differences are a barrier to keep those undesirables out.

Papers are a way of telling to people to look here, and think this way. Do we have a choice? NO! we have the choices we are given.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
That doesn't surprise me at all. Of course if it was the other way around it would be a HUGE story and the whites would be faces many more charges because it would be considered a hate crime. When it is the other way around it is different. There is no out cry and it is just another senseless crime. I don't think the racial barriers in this country will ever change because people are still blaming and pointing fingers. There is a "poor me" syndrome many feel they need to use because they don't have the confidence in themselves to get up and do something for themselves. It is sad, I think it is just the way they think (most of them anyway). They are huge stories when a white kills a black, yet what about all of the blacks killing eachother?
When there is a white on black crime the black community comes together. Yet, a lot of them will walk outside later that same night and kill one of their "brothers." Somehting is wrong with what they are taught and how they think and blacks (a majority anyway) will never get out of the slump they blame the "white man" that they are in. Get off your lazy butts and do something with your life!

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

that a racist comment is i ever heard one. so u think they only way i could ever be a lawyer is affirmative action. so im not good enough being a younge black man without affirmative action. so what makes u better then me. cuzz ur not black. are because you would perfer to see me spell "you" ur way instead of the way i txt it like "u".

thats what i cant stand about some people. they wanna write off black achievements to affirmative action. if u dont like me for my past or whatever say so. but dont make it a racial issue. i type, txt, and talk in slang thats how i am if u dont like it dont read it

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mizzu

so u blame affirmative action for haveing unqualified people in authority. say im playing the race cared all u want. but some of these comments u all post. trying to mask ur racist views are disgusting. just come out and say it. dont beat around the bush. i know some of u are racist. the same ones will be the first to cry foul are say why u playing the race card.
but how do u expect me to respond. when u make offensive and racist comments like u made. off course to u they may not seem to be racist or offensive. but to the people and the other end they are.

not all black fathers are dead beats. there are just as many if not more white fathers who dont take care of there kids. u wanna blame rap and thug culture for influencing younge blacks to hate the white man lol. i listen to rap and hip hop and "thug" culture there are hardly any songs that talk about hating the white man. if u want that look up the political rappers.
from my life i can say that most black people in the community mistrust whites in authority, and know whites get off way easier then blacks. most of us hate cops, not cuzz we are criminals, but cuzz we know we are targed and profiled. we know we dont get a fair shake.
most white rock music is far worse then any black rap u can name. in rap they talk about drugs money hoes, cars, gangs, were alot of this death metal and other crap. talks about cutting up their mom. killer their dad. eating bats. worshipping the devil and so on.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by jmacbeth]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilights-passing

ya im proud of my life. ive been through alot in my 25 yrs. and im still here. iv emade mistake and ive paid for them. some folks will judge me on those mistakes forever. i dont really care. lol i read through alot of stuff on the net about me. most of it is bs and made up stuff by people that just want to trash me and have nothing else to do with their life but hate me forever.

im doing well. my book is selling very well. my next book will be out soon. like that say what doesent kill u makes u stronger. im surprised this was the first time u looked me up most people on ats alrdy knew. i like ats cuzz here the majority of the poeple are not bias. they explore the facts first then make their decision. and if some people here hate me for the crimes in my past. they eigther dont show it are ignore me. but it is always respectful. my feeling is most people here dont care about my past cuzz they have better things to do. are they are over it. the jesse macbeth fruad story has been over for some years now.

but again im very proud of my life. everything works itself out. because my name is out there my books is selling out cuzz people want to read what i have to say. eigther to trash it. use it against me, what ever the reason they are buying my book.

hope that answered ur question

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Because as a white man if I get mad that black men killed white people when somebody is going to want to call me a racist.....

I'm not one but a lot of people are ignorant and will accuse anyone of anything...

So people/media stay away from it because they don't want to be looked at as racists..

IMHO this is an issue that is being allowed world wide on purpose to serve an agenda for the near future..

It keeps people from speaking out and when you know when, where, why, how, and what somebody will and won't say it is easier to plan around it and use it to your advantage.....

:-)

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jmacbeth

And that right there is a good example of the perpetual victim mentality. My point was that with such things as affirmative action, people who are clearly NOT qualified, often end up in positions solely based on their skin color. THAT'S what is racist. It was a sarcastic dig at your horrible grammar, not your skin color directly, but i understand that you can't resist the temptation to play the victim. There are many qualified black people out there, and many unqualified white people. Hope you had somebody spell check your book.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmacbeth
most white rock music is far worse then any black rap u can name. in rap they talk about drugs money hoes, cars, gangs, were alot of this death metal and other crap. talks about cutting up their mom. killer their dad. eating bats. worshipping the devil and so on.

Holy crap, talk about not knowing what you're talking about. First off, you spelled ho, 'hoe'. That's a gardening tool. Second, death metal is not that white. A large majority of death metal bands are of hispanic and native american origins. Third, who the hell are you trying to fool about rap, yourself? You left out one of the most talked about things in rap, 1-8-7. Bustin caps in asses and so forth. Have you never heard brutha lynch? He raps about eating baby guts. DMX? He "got blood on his hands and there's no remorse, he got blood on his d**k cuz he f**ked the corpse". Plenty of rappers talk about murder. In fact there's even a new kind of rap based on brutal murder, but i think that is actually mostly white ICP fans branching out.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

reply to post by mizzu

trying to mask ur racist views are disgusting. just come out and say it. dont beat around the bush. i know some of u are racist.

finally! some damn truth!

There's a great deal of racist-like nationalism in the "Attack on America by Europe" thread (which has the most misleading thread title, meant to rally nationalistic pride).

Posts like this upset me because they don't offer any real substance to this forum

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Holy crap, talk about not knowing what you're talking about. First off, you spelled ho, 'hoe'. That's a gardening tool.

Second, death metal is not that white. A large majority of death metal bands are of hispanic and native american origins.

Third, who the hell are you trying to fool about rap, yourself? You left out one of the most talked about things in rap, 1-8-7. Bustin caps in asses and so forth. Have you never heard brutha lynch? He raps about eating baby guts. DMX? He "got blood on his hands and there's no remorse, he got blood on his d**k cuz he f**ked the corpse". Plenty of rappers talk about murder. In fact there's even a new kind of rap based on brutal murder, but i think that is actually mostly white ICP fans branching out.

1. You spell it the same way because it is pronounced the same way, wouldn't be first time in the english language

2. Where did black metal come from? oh that's right, NORWAY. Regardless of the type, Metal has generally been seen as a white thing (However, I totally know about the giant hispanic metal following, it's not discussed as often so a lot of people who don't know their music scenes wouldn't even think of that)

3. You disregard intelligent hip hop (particularly the kind brewing in LA at the moment). Yes topics have varied with an overall crime related theme but that's not where it came from. Old School hip hop is straight up just about being funky and the best at hip hop. Just because a popular sect of a movement has one opinion (i.e. rappers who just want a quick shock value buck out of kids who think they're gangsters listening to the music) doesn't mean it represents the rest.

That's like me saying all the metal kids are total lame fairies because of how much metal revolves around dragons and knight-lore. That's not fair to the metal dudes who actually think that stuff is stupid.

Also the Mainstream Media's idea of metal is bands like Korn and Slipknot, multi-million dollar groups making money by singing about how miserable they are. Is that metal?

I can tell you don't like rap or hip hop but goddamn, don't forget to do your HW!

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by piddles
1. You spell it the same way because it is pronounced the same way, wouldn't be first time in the english language

But our fraudulent friend is so into shorthand, seems silly to me to add a letter when it's not needed, lol.

2. Where did black metal come from? oh that's right, NORWAY. Regardless of the type, Metal has generally been seen as a white thing (However, I totally know about the giant hispanic metal following, it's not discussed as often so a lot of people who don't know their music scenes wouldn't even think of that)

It may have originated in norway, but it has become HUGE in south america, etc. When you think of death metal, most people think Slayer, brazilian.

3. You disregard intelligent hip hop (particularly the kind brewing in LA at the moment). Yes topics have varied with an overall crime related theme but that's not where it came from. Old School hip hop is straight up just about being funky and the best at hip hop. Just because a popular sect of a movement has one opinion (i.e. rappers who just want a quick shock value buck out of kids who think they're gangsters listening to the music) doesn't mean it represents the rest.

Funny you think i "disregard" it. I actually played a show many years ago (back when i made electronic music) with Del the Funky Homosapien (ice cubes cousin) at a big party called D-Day. I like intelligent hip hop, i've been into the wu-tang clan since they've been around. But again, jesse macbeth was saying rap, in general, doesn't talk about murder. We both know that isn't true.

That's like me saying all the metal kids are total lame fairies because of how much metal revolves around dragons and knight-lore. That's not fair to the metal dudes who actually think that stuff is stupid.

You seem to be lacking in your knowledge as well. I've listened to metal for a long time, and none of the music i've listened to had ANYTHING to do with dragons and knight-lore. It's mostly abstract lyrics against authority and religion.

Also the Mainstream Media's idea of metal is bands like Korn and Slipknot, multi-million dollar groups making money by singing about how miserable they are. Is that metal?

That's nu metal. And yes, it is metal. I happen to be a big fan of both of those bands.

I can tell you don't like rap or hip hop but goddamn, don't forget to do your HW!

You can't tell SQUAT, obviously. I happen to like rap and hip hop, even the violent stuff. I know just about every DMX song by heart, he's one of my favorite mainstream rappers to listen to. I like the beats swizz makes, i also used to make beats for my friends who rap, they still bug me to make them.

You guys trying to paint me as some ignorant bigot is hillarious to me. I probably have more black friends than both of you, lol. Just because i won't accept racism directed towards me, doesn't mean i'm a racist.

[edit on 28-10-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Wow, cheap excuse to slander two groups at once, and pretend you are offering some sort of example that appropriately responds to 27jd's point. jd27 doesn't slander anyone, he quotes lyrics, big difference.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

so people clearly not qulified if ur point of view is what? affirmative action was put into place to give minority the fair shake in jobs. so are u saying minorities arnt up to the same jobs as whites. how is that playing the victom,
are u so eager to change the fact that u made a racist offensive comment twards me by saying im playing the victom because i found ur comment racist lol.

are is it u have something else against me. are u one of the few that havent gotten over the fact that i lied in my past. if so get over it.

as far as death metal having a heavy hispanic following it also has a huge white following. i listen to rap, hip hop. i have heard of brotha lych i have some of his albums. when was the last album he put out? but thats nothing compared to what the death metal devil worshiping rock crowd say's in their lyrics. not all rock is bad. but here is alot of hate and violence in rock. most rap today speaks on money,hoes, drugs, sex, cars, gangs, again not about hating the white man. do u actually listen to rap, are do u have a bias on it cuzz u dont understand it, are maybe u think its just a bunch on angry blacks that u dont wanna hear.?

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

lol that the excuse i always hear. im not racist i have black friends lol. how u have more black friends then me i am black. are in ur resaerch of my past did u over look that. i wont call some one a racist unless they do are say something to be called one. and u did.

alot of people front about things like gays avoiding other gays to hide the fact that they are gay. are people that have a racial bias twards a race who mainly hang out with that race to hide the fact that they are racist. i see it all the time. they smile in your face act friendly with u then wen they not around suddenly im a n****.

lol and as far as my book the publisher did all the editing. its doing great its sales went through the roof in the first three months. you should check it out u might enjoy it. if u on to that kinda of stuff. my next book will be out in jan. follwed by a political book some time by the end of next year

[edit on 28-10-2009 by jmacbeth]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

so are u saying minorities arnt up to the same jobs as whites. how is that playing the victom, are u so eager to change the fact that u made a racist offensive comment twards me by saying im playing the victom because i found ur comment racist lol.

No, i was saying that if one unqualified black man, and one qualified white man applied for a job, under affirmative action, the black man would get the job if the employer had not met their "quota" of black employees. If one qualified black man, and one unqualified white man applied, the employer would have no obligation to hire the unqualified white man whatsoever, and the black man would get the job as well. That's racist. I don't care if you continue to think the comment i made towards you was racist. You probably look for racism in everything.

are is it u have something else against me. are u one of the few that havent gotten over the fact that i lied in my past. if so get over it.

I'm not in the military, you did nothing to me directly.

i have heard of brotha lych i have some of his albums. when was the last album he put out?

I wasn't aware we were specifying timelines. I'm really not sure when he put out his last album, i never cared for his over the top crap.

but thats nothing compared to what the death metal devil worshiping rock crowd say's in their lyrics.

Care to quote any of the lyrics?

lol that the excuse i always hear. im not racist i have black friends lol. how u have more black friends then me i am black. are in ur resaerch of my past did u over look that.

I'm well aware that you're black. I was aware when i made that comment, and it's probably true. I couldn't begin to count the number of black friends i have, so by Chris Rock's definition, i'm not racist. Again, i just won't accept racism directed towards me because of a past i had nothing to do with. Like you said, get over it.

[edit on 29-10-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Oct, 31 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

lol so chris rock is the mouth peice for what is and what is not racist?. i would have never called u one until u made ur racial remarks twards me. as far as u having more black friends lol me and my wife had a long laugh at that. but whatever floats ur boat, and keeps u going i guess. no point beating a dead horse. i believe ur racist and u try to hide it. u believe ur not. nothing is gna change my thoughts on it, or urs. so with that happy holloween.

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

i believe ur racist and u try to hide it. u believe ur not. nothing is gna change my thoughts on it, or urs. so with that happy holloween.

Well the chris rock thing was a joke, and the fact that you seem to think a white person couldn't have as many or more black friends than a black person, makes you and your wife racists in my book. So, i guess we'll just part with the impression of each other as racists. The cycle continues. Happy late halloween to you. Went to mill ave, i think you're familiar with the area if memory serves, it's always crazy on halloween.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by piddles

But our fraudulent friend is so into shorthand, seems silly to me to add a letter when it's not needed, lol.

It may have originated in norway, but it has become HUGE in south america, etc. When you think of death metal, most people think Slayer, brazilian.

Funny you think i "disregard" it. I actually played a show many years ago (back when i made electronic music) with Del the Funky Homosapien (ice cubes cousin) at a big party called D-Day. I like intelligent hip hop, i've been into the wu-tang clan since they've been around. But again, jesse macbeth was saying rap, in general, doesn't talk about murder. We both know that isn't true.

You seem to be lacking in your knowledge as well. I've listened to metal for a long time, and none of the music i've listened to had ANYTHING to do with dragons and knight-lore. It's mostly abstract lyrics against authority and religion.

That's nu metal. And yes, it is metal. I happen to be a big fan of both of those bands.

You can't tell SQUAT, obviously. I happen to like rap and hip hop, even the violent stuff. I know just about every DMX song by heart, he's one of my favorite mainstream rappers to listen to. I like the beats swizz makes, i also used to make beats for my friends who rap, they still bug me to make them.

You guys trying to paint me as some ignorant bigot is hillarious to me. I probably have more black friends than both of you, lol. Just because i won't accept racism directed towards me, doesn't mean i'm a racist.

woah the fact that you don't know ANY metal about knight-lore means you have no idea bout how much metal is out there. The most popular band in the genre is Dragonforce

you made your stances from a viewpoint of someone who doesn't like hip hop, how the hell am I supposed to know or care about some show you did years ago. I didn't call you a racist either, don't make things up.

Also, good god, DMX is TERRIBLE. How can you listen to that moron yelling (not rapping) not even in time with his crappy beats? I could make his BS beats on Fruityloops.

Oh and hip hop isn't about murder if it's about you're rapping about your life. Shock value murdah rappers like eminem can go home with that BS

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join