It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is political correctness to blame for lack of coverage over horrific black-on-white killings in Amer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EMPIRE
reply to post by Djdoubt03

So every single African sold into slavery was done so by a tribesman? LOL! Someone needs a history lesson.
not saying every person sold into slavery was done by their own kind but a lot were. btw i know of white people that were slaves in the south during those awful times.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by cenpuppie
reply to post by Edrick

Firefly is awesome have you seen the movie? I thought it was pretty good myself considering the cast (not million dollar actors).

Yeah, that was AWESOME!

It's a shame that the series had to end before the major story arcs even got halfway...

I think it was because of the disestablishment theme prevalent in the show.

You know, Patriotism or your a terrorist, right?

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I still can't fathom how slavery had anything to do with the entertainment industry, hollywood, etc.

Oh wow you just showed your ignorance with that one. When i say ignorance i mean lack of knowledge. So you have no ideas about the Mamies and Papies and how early hollywood portrayed black people and it's influences today.

Again, blacks are the ones benefitting from slavery now. At best, i get to look at more white people on TV.

What the hell benefiting now? Where? Sports? Medicine? Money? My conversation with you is over chief i mean there is no sense in trying to debate with someone that going to ignore your points.

Have fun in your bliss

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Some would consider it as such, but not because it is a bad thing to do, but because people aren't willing to do what is required, which mainly has to do with White America listening to people when they say they are being treated unfairly. Since when has listening hurt? I'm not saying that everything you hear will be factual or legit, but at the same time, you owe it to your future generation to take the time to do it, but sadly, many people here missed it even tough it was in my first post. Moreover, many people firmly stand bold and say they aren't going to listen. On the other side, black people do have issues they need to address within themselves, and I've openly stated this yet not many people want to address it.

In the end, it comes down to compassion for your fellow man, regardless of what race, religion or sexual preference they may have. If someone feels they are wronged, you should listen to them. If you can't even give me your time, and I'm telling you I'm wronged or I feel I'm getting the short end of the stick, what else am I left to do? And sadly, the human element is missing. Read the responses given, "I'm not doing this and that", "I'm not responsible for this, I, I, I,......."

Here is a thread I took part in and my participation was very brief.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That man reached out, he did exactly what it is I'm suggesting in this thread, and I take my hat off to him. People have the misconception that it's about giving up money, bending over backwards, giving an apology, etc. They all miss the mark and none of those things will help HEAL any wounds.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

As I've pointed out to another member in another thread, you have to look at the customs of certain African tribes and how they viewed slaves. Were they practicing a form of chattel slavery or did they treat there slaves (and P.O.W’s) in a different way? Did some of them know they were doing 'wrong'? By all means yes, especially those who did so on the behalf of the Portuguese, but don’t make it seems as if the majority of Africans were sold into slavery by other Africans. In regards to your comments about whites being slaves, yes it happened, but in those instances (which are equally wrong) did millions of people die, and were entire cultures and tribes wiped out?

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Some would consider it as such, but not because it is a bad thing to do, but because people aren't willing to do what is required, which mainly has to do with White America listening to people when they say they are being treated unfairly.

You don't honestly think that "White America" actually controls the policies of America, do you?

You don't honestly think that "Americans" actually have anything to do with the policies of America, do you?

Are people being treated unfairly?

H*$$ Yes they are....

Is it the fault of "Americans" of any color that this is the case?

H*$# NO.

The Plutocracy which owns the Media, the Military Complex, and the International Bankers that are to blame.

Who do you think Profited from the Atlantic Triangle Slave Trade?

The average colonialist who had to compete with lower price Slave picked Cotton?

No... it was the Slave traders, and the purchasers who benefited from this practice, not "White America" in general.

That is an absurd statement that belies an Ignorance of reality that harms my sense of humor.

You are implying that White people need to apologize for the actions of the Wealthy elite that *STILL OWN THIS ENTIRE NATION*

That is absurd.

They still rule ALL of us.

White AND black.

Placing blame on skin color is lazy... find the real culprits, they who DESERVE derision.

Don't shut off your brain man... USE IT!

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

yeah, cuz a lot of white people feel bad for what was done in history to black people and how they were treated as inferior.

whats not probbaly acknolwedged or realised by the white people who've now taken up support of black people thru political correctness etc, is that a lot of black people still hate and resent white people for this history and for how they still think they are perceived by white people.

there is a LOT of anti-white feeling - racism- we would say coming from other races against whites. ive been the victim of this, and i never used to give a second thought to race. but once you've been made to feel the hate, then you have to realize, the hate is there.

personally i think its probly becuz a lot of white people think that technology makes them superior to other races and to animals as well. and maybe some black people feel insecure because of the (apparant()difference in technological history etc. (hmmm- the chinese invented everything anyway; and human history is up in the air. look at the maya and technology; etc... im not so sure that there werent advanced civilizns in africa anyway. the dogon seem to know a lot about astronomy that we are only figuring out now).

but in my opinion, technology doesnt make any race superior to another one or to animals. maybe if more white people thought this way; and more black people realized this - maybe they do, i dunno - then there wouldnt be so much hate.

you could rate cultures on other scales - how much they know about their environment and animals; their WISDOM; sustainable land management etc. their spirituality. we need to stop focusing on seeing technology as something that confers superiority on a race. unless we also see the other factors as ALSO confering superiority on races, becuz i think they do.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

So if it is your opinion, state it is your opinion.

Um, i did. Do you not know what 'IMO' stands for? I assume not, since you are so adamant that everybody else R-E-A-D. 'IMO' stands for 'In My Opinion'.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

You don't honestly think that "White America" actually controls the policies of America, do you? You don't honestly think that "Americans" actually have anything to do with the policies of America, do you?

No, not at all. The policies are controlled by those you don’t see. The bankers, the war mongers, the oil cartels, etc and even they take orders from a group of people.

Is it the fault of "Americans" of any color that this is the case?

Now here is where part of the problem comes up and where we will disagree. If after slavery, white Americans had joined with black Americans things would be quit different. If during segregation and the civil rights era, if the majority of White America had banded together with blacks things would be different. Now fast forward to the 80’s and 90’s when blacks were constantly talked about being beaten by the police and brutality. It took a video to show it happens (regardless if the guy was high or not) yet many people still didn’t want to believe it. These are examples of how white America has dropped the ball. Black Americans do not have a direct link to those in power (no not even with Obama as POTUS), but they have a link with the majority of white people in this country because the majority of whites are under subjugation themselves (which I’ve stated in a previous post in this thread.) However, the majority of whites have a connection with those in power due to the fact that they are white.

The Plutocracy which owns the Media, the Military Complex, and the International Bankers that are to blame.

Who do you think Profited from the Atlantic Triangle Slave Trade?

Directly? Several groups, mainly elite whites and so-called Jewish people (especially their hand in slavery in south America.) Indirectly? White America.

The average colonialist who had to compete with lower price Slave picked Cotton?No... it was the Slave traders, and the purchasers who benefited from this practice, not "White America" in general.

See above.

That is an absurd statement that belies an Ignorance of reality that harms my sense of humor.

No, if there is any ignorance it is from the fact that people deny institutional deviance/racism and how white people benefit from it.

You are implying that White people need to apologize for the actions of the Wealthy elite that *STILL OWN THIS ENTIRE NATION*

That is not what I’m implying, and I suggest you also read instead of making false claims. I’ve already stated an apology is useless, and outside of that, have made no mention of whites apologizing. I’ve openly stated what white people need to do, and have implied nothing. R-E-A-D my previous posts and you’ll see this. I’ve said nothing about reparations, apologies, etc.

Placing blame on skin color is lazy... find the real culprits, they who DESERVE derision.

I’ve addressed this.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Here are your EXACT words before you were forced to sing a different tune.

Originally posted by 27jd[/i ]The more i see the opinions of racists like EMPIRE, the angrier i get.
Page 4

Originally posted by 27jd
How can you sit there, and honestly type that you feel people need to take responsibility for something for NO reason other than sharing the "whiteness" with SOME of the people who committed injustices over 200 years ago, and deny that you're racist?
Page 5

Boo-hoo. I'm not deserving of the racist's time.
page 5

Then i come here and read your racist garbage, pretending to have some moral highground.
page 5

You see? You called me a racist, I actually ignored you and you did it again. Those are your exact words and you never stated they were your opinions until you were put in a position to back your claims. Now they are your opinions, but a couple of pages back you somehow forget to state IMO.

R-E-A-D. Do it asap, and stop lying.

EMPIRE,

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

You left out the one i was referring to, conveniently...

Whatever you say, IMO you're a RACIST. You've proven that to me, beyond any doubt, I have no desire to go round and round with you debating semantics and definitions.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

That was stated on page 6 after the fourth time you called me a racist buddy.

Enjoy your evening.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Now here is where part of the problem comes up and where we will disagree. If after slavery, white Americans had joined with black Americans things would be quit different.

Do you have a point?

If during segregation and the civil rights era, if the majority of White America had banded together with blacks things would be different.

Do you have a point?

Now fast forward to the 80’s and 90’s when blacks were constantly talked about being beaten by the police and brutality. It took a video to show it happens (regardless if the guy was high or not) yet many people still didn’t want to believe it.

Now, fast forward to the 80's and 90's, when blacks were killing people 10 times more per capita than any other race. It takes a Beuraeu of Justice Report on Homicide by race to show it happening, yet many people still do not believe it.

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

These are examples of how white America has dropped the ball.

These are examples of how Black america has dropped the ball.

Black Americans do not have a direct link to those in power

However, the majority of whites have a connection with those in power due to the fact that they are white.

White Americans do not have a direct link to those in power.

Directly? Several groups, mainly elite whites and so-called Jewish people (especially their hand in slavery in south America.) Indirectly? White America.

You keep saying that White America benefited from slavery...

You don't know what you are saying.

The profits from slave labor was not given to White America, they had to compete AGAINST slaves for business.

The owners of the plantations did not give anything to white America... they kept it all for themselves.

How did white America benefit from slavery?

A Concrete answer, please.

Oh, and by the way... INDIRECTLY, Black America benefited from slavery.

Without slavery, there would be *NO* black America.

And unless you think that the war torn nations of Africa are better for raising a family than America... that is a benefit.

No, if there is any ignorance it is from the fact that people deny institutional deviance/racism and how white people benefit from it.

Explain HOW white people (In General) benefit from Slavery(Racism), and I will respond.

Be specific.

-Edrick

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

I am reading your posts, so I am listening. I am just not seeing the things you claim are there. Perhaps a better explanation should be something you should attempt. Clearly I am not the only one not getting your message.

If you have links to this debate on history which you supposedly won, please do post them, as I can not find any in myATS page.

Me and Cenpuppie had a pretty good discussion in a thread a while back, but I honestly wouldn't call it a debate.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Right, but it was before you started crying and posted those examples, knowingly leaving out the last one, in which i clarified that it was my opinion. It was always my opinion, and not once did i specify otherwise. Those posts were coming FROM me, and to me you're a racist, because that's the opinion i've formed of you. I don't care if you like it, it's just the way it is. What you say offends me personally, about taking responsibility and all. It's f-ing ridiculous, and completely unreasonable. You're stating we need to accept responsibility for the distant past, based on NOTHING other than the color of our skin. That's not racist? I readily agree that those who participated in the slave trade were scum, regardless what color they were. But for me to have to shoulder blame, when i had no part in it and stand firmly against it, is so beyond the pale of reason, it makes me angry.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cenpuppie

From what I understand, the Chinese do consider the Japanese to be racist against them, and that this was a big part of the reason Japan invaded China.

Remember the Bruce Lee movie, "The Chinese Connection".

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Donny 4 million

Another one bites the dust. In an earlier post you made the claim that I'm "media friendly" yet you missed the parts where I said I didn't approve of what the media was doing and both sides should be shown.

Is your problem related to selective reading or your school system?

You then came with some far-fetched idea that we should automatically add the "unknown" figure to whites when the link clearly stated what the unknown factor meant.

Now you're talking about Marxism, hypnotism, droids and all sorts of comical things one would find on this site. Then you cap it off by attempting to equate those who've experienced lobotomy to myself, and fail miserably at making it seem as if I don't have sympathy for the victims in the OP (when I already said I feel for them.)

The EMPIRE would like to know.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

You think you are shrewd with your round about, omission spin. Judging by others distaste of what you have to say, I take no credit in pointing out your short comings as they have already been by others.
So when it comes to the "Political Correctness" of HORRIFIC crime and trying to lay the responsibility on a race of people. Then that is nothing short of being a friggin RACIST arse.

You see you left the meat of my last post out; Here it is.

"If a Marxist hypnotists put the notion in your brain that there was a silly thing like "White Privilege" . Then you could spew crap like that on any thread any where any time. "

Oh! Yes you say you feel bad for the victims in a sly left handed manner. Your failing is that you are unwilling to accept them as Hate crimes.
You are entitled to your opinion . I figure it as a Marxist ploy to divide the races here in America, so you and your Masters can use that against all Americans. You do not live in America do you?
And what's the crap about selective reading Dude? DUH! Beats brainwashing.
Now empire knows.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Edrick

Do you have a point?

The point has been stated previously. White America dropped the ball.

Do you have a point?

The point has been stated previously. White America dropped the ball.

Now, fast forward to the 80's and 90's, when blacks were killing people 10 times more per capita than any other race. It takes a Beuraeu of Justice Report on Homicide by race to show it happening, yet many people still do not believe it.

Who here in this thread said they don’t believe it? Yes blacks have a higher rate, but when studying correlation and causation you have to look at other factors. One member listed some of the factors, in other threads I’ve listed them, yet you have people in this thread who will take things out of context and make it seem as if blacks are killing up everyone on the globe.

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

I’m already familiar with those numbers and anything devoted to UCR and NIBRS, the others may benefit from it not myself.

These are examples of how Black America has dropped the ball.

You didn’t list any examples, except if you mean the info in your link. Again, that has been addressed by myself and others, but in addressing it no one has made any excuses or justification.

White Americans do not have a direct link to those in power.

Direct link via skin color and the fact that America is set up to cater to the elites first, white Americans second.

You keep saying that White America benefited from slavery...

And still do.

You don't know what you are saying.

You are entitled to your opinion.

The profits from slave labor was not given to White America, they had to compete AGAINST slaves for business.

Benefits does not always come in the form of monetary gain. I suggest you read what others and myself have been saying because you, and others like you, keep missing the point and allude to things that have been clearly made up and not stated.

The owners of the plantations did not give anything to white America... they kept it all for themselves.

See above.

How did white America benefit from slavery? A Concrete answer, please

White Privilege. That is a VERY concrete answer.

Oh, and by the way... INDIRECTLY, Black America benefited from slavery.

Refer to my previous comments and stop taking them out of context.

Without slavery, there would be *NO* black America.

I addressed this way of ‘thinking’ in another thread. I think it was are you upset about slavery or something like that. In any case, this type of thinking has been covered and I urge you to read the thread.

And unless you think that the war torn nations of Africa are better for raising a family than America... that is a benefit.

War torn nations which are the result of slavery, colonialism, the World Conservation Bank, IMF, and others (including Arabs.)

Explain HOW white people (In General) benefit from Slavery(Racism), and I will respond. Be specific.

White people benefit from slavery in the form of institutional deviance and white privilege. This has been stated by myself and others hundreds of times now. However, because you deny that white privilege exists and have a warped concept of it, I can’t take it any further because in your mind, you’re already right and it is the fault of the elite (yet people say I’m Marxist.)

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by EMPIRE

I am reading your posts, so I am listening. I am just not seeing the things you claim are there. Perhaps a better explanation should be something you should attempt. Clearly I am not the only one not getting your message.

No, I'm not attempting a better anything as the obvious has already been presented. If you think I'm going to jump through some hoops when it is clearly you and others who refuse to read you're insane. You asked a question, I provided answers and you failed to address them. Here it is you were told, "You’ll find that white America has not taken responsibility but that PC was given in lieu of taking such responsibility. ", yet you somehow can't comprehend what it means. Your bad. The answer is right in your face, you asked how am I justified and I told you that and a lot more yet you don't address it.

Morover, your in very first post to me in this thread you said I didn't know about White Privilege and the proceeded to say, and I quote, "You do a fairly decent job of laying out your propaganda, but you are not nearly as good as you seem to think you are."

So how one hand can you say I did a good job laying out propaganda yet on the other hand say you don't understand what I'm saying when I've never changed up and have been consitant in what I've been saying? ROFL! Moreover, why are you so concerned now when you initially disregarded what I was saying as propaganda?

You are going to ignore your hypocrisy, I've come to expect it from members here, and now you fully understand why I say you aren't worthy of a response. You sir, will recieve no more responses from me in this thread so make your reply a VERY good one.

If you have links to this debate on history which you supposedly won, please do post them, as I can not find any in myATS page.Me and Cenpuppie had a pretty good discussion in a thread a while back, but I honestly wouldn't call it a debate.

Actually I had you confused with someone else, and for that I stand corrected. If I recall correctly this was our first exchange.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

reply to post by EMPIRE

Right, but it was before you started crying and posted those examples, knowingly leaving out the last one, in which i clarified that it was my opinion.

You called me a racist and when asked to bak it up you failed. No one was crying, but if you're going to make those claims I have a right to ask you to prove it.

It was always my opinion, and not once did i specify otherwise.

Yes you did. On pages 4 and 5 you called me a racist and made no mention of it being your opinion. You flat out cllaed me a racist, stop lying the proof has already been posted.

Those posts were coming FROM me, and to me you're a racist, because that's the opinion i've formed of you.

If you had initially said IMO you are a racist I would have said it is your opinion. However, you flat out called me a racist, just accept the fact that you did it, don't lie about it now.

I don't care if you like it, it's just the way it is. What you say offends me personally, about taking responsibility and all. It's f-ing ridiculous, and completely unreasonable.

Again, you are entitled to your opinions, but when you initially made the claims you NEVER stated it as your opinion. You called me a racist so I asked you to prove it. You couldn't, no one here can, and now it changes to "IMO. "

You're stating we need to accept responsibility for the distant past, based on NOTHING other than the color of our skin.

This is 100% false. I honestly suggest you go back and read my posts with an honest heart instead of doing what you're doing now because I've said nothing of the sort.

That's not racist?

No because I never did that. You don't understand my premise, and have misconstrued what was said.

I readily agree that those who participated in the slave trade were scum, regardless what color they were. But for me to have to shoulder blame, when i had no part in it and stand firmly against it, is so beyond the pale of reason, it makes me angry.

I've addressed why your line of reasoning is not within the realms of logic. In closing, you're upset at something I've never suggested.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join