It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Share your most profound experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
About a week ago I took my new telescope out for the first time and my eyes beheld true beauty . At first I pointed my telescope to the moon and I couldn't believe the difference , the detail , that my telescope treated me too . The ridges the mountains , truly beautiful . I then pointed my telescope to Jupiter and once again I was treated to a wondrous sight . I was able to see cloud formations as well as 4 of Jupiter moons . Even though I only looked at those two heavenly bodies time passed at a very fast rate . Before I new it it was time to pack things up until the next time , which should be either this weekend or next , weather permitting .

I must say that this experience was with out a doubt my most profound experience . I can't wait till the next time that I go out so that I might gaze upon our other heavenly neighbors .

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thanks for reminding me about the awe I likewise experienced when I used my telescope for the first time!

I always wanted one as a kid but never got around to acquiring one until well into adulthood.

I distinctly recall seeing the rings of Saturn for the first time and was so elated that I was high-fiving my son in delight.

So nice to know that someone else was equally moved by the experience.

Aside from this, one of my other profound moments was the accidental discovery of the book that proved to be my "awakening".
I found it in a used book store and was intrigued by the rear cover synopsis and purchased it on a whim. When I finished reading it, I was blown away and haven't been the same since.
To this day I feel that I was fated to connect with the book that opened my eyes to the ways of the world and eventually to membership on this site.

Though I know the author and his works are considered controversial, the book I discovered was David Icke's "And the Truth Shall Set You Free". While I don't necessarily buy into everything he purports, it opened my eyes and my mind -- profoundly so.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Mod edit: Please see This thread regarding discussion of drug use.

[edit on 10/16/2009 by junglejake]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
**OFF TOPIC**

(Mod mistake- was not meant to be an extreme warning)

[edit on 16-10-2009 by asala]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So many to share, so I will just pick one that I enjoy.

One night, when I was 15 years old. I woke up feeling very strange. I couldn't place a finger on what was wrong. I sat up in my bed, the moonlight was coming through my window giving the room a faint luminance. As I sat, I cleared my mind from the cobwebs so to speak and decided to turn on the light.

I was feeling slightly strange, and out of place. When I went to turn on the light, and hit the switch... the light didn't turn on. Still a little groggy from waking up, I hit the switch again paying more attention. This time I noticed my finger passed through the switch.

A little freaked out I hit the switch again, my fingers kept passing through. I fanned the switch frantically at this point wanting the light to turn on and noticed that my hand was completely transclucent with a faint light blue hue outlining the edges.

A great surge of fear overwhelmed me and I turned my head to look at my bed. I froze in fear as I saw my body lying there. Time passed and my shock wore into rationalizations. I thought maybe I had died.

Before I could get too worked up, I shot back into my body and woke up for real.

That was the first of over 3,000 out-of-body expeirences I would have. And it was a life changing event for sure.

top topics

join