It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama team makes it official: Budget deficit hits record. By a lot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The Obama administration has released new deficit numbers, and they are not pretty.

The deficit for Fiscal Year 2009, which ended Sept. 30, came in at a record $1.42 trillion, more than triple the record set just last year.

A year ago, as the financial crisis hit and the Bush administration prepared massive bailout plans, the deficit was $455 billion.

In addition, future deficits are currently projected top $9.1 trillion in the coming decade.

content.usatoday.com...

wow... thats huge.. where did it all go? do you know how many americans could have prospered off that.... ALL OF US! yet look at the shape the common american household is in.. shameful, disgusting, puppets occupy the seats of government...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
$1.42T? I thought it was somewheres around $20T... But still, that's a lot of green paper.

Shame they can spend it right. I mean, the people could really benefit, if the gov't were to lay down some for us...

I want my green paper pieces back!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Wow, thanks Obama. Thanks for putting debt on to my generation and generations to come. I should also give Bush credit, he screwed up pretty bad too.

Then again, this is probably a signal that the republic is to fall.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Is this financial death throws of a dying nation? If so can someone please send me some stamps? I want to mail some thank-you letters to the Obama administration, thanking them for change, and yes we can... EPIC FAIL!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
1.4T is for one year. Wake up people. They are bankrupting the country on purpose. Its by design. The country is being taken down from the inside. Bend over and get ready for your change, here it comes!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandletlive

I have to agree with you... this is by design as is most things where Goverment has been involved. As for bending over for my Change... I really don't want to be the catcher for Obama.

Personally, I am just going to eeek my existence out any way I can, even if it means I lower myself to eating mice, worms, larva and KFC.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Don't worry guys, the dow is up!

Our beloved rich class is doing just fine. Yay corporations.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Kaytagg]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

yay for our rich!! lol love ur avatar by the way. some staggering numbers this october for sure.

new topics

top topics

join