It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moslems now demand full Sharia Law (UK)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Actually, I'm not sure that we are that tolerant of it. On the surface it all looks kinda peaceful, and there is understanding, multiculturalism, tolerance and all the other good things.......as it should be.

However.....

Scratch the surface, and you find almost uniformly here in the UK, a deep hatred of any kind of oppression, division, bigotry, and religious intolerance. If this *should* ever become a serious threat....and I really hope that we can avoid that happening....it won't matter two peas what the government thing, say or do....the people of the UK will not be ruled my any other laws but the ones they created, whether perfect or not. This IS NOT an anti-Muslim statement....it's about our natural resistance to oppression, from any source. Adoption of Sharia law into our legal system here would almost certainly mean civil war.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Actually everyone should watch the video rather than make their opinions based on MSM. There's no hatred of whites or christians in this message, in fact he invites everyone to the march. He talks about the morally bankrupt British and US society, and on that matter I have to agree with him.

That said I'm not a supporter of his views on bringing in Shari'ah Law. Anyway, the NWO have patsy agents fronting all these types of organisations so don't blame islam blame TPTB and the NWO.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The responses here show the resistance to a foreign culture being imposed on us, and how we would turn to violence if it were to happen.

Would that make us terrorists ? I suppose it would.

But thats whats happening in places like Iraq and Afghanistan. The locals do not want western culture being imposed and yet we wonder why they turn against us.

I would be totally against Sharia law in the UK. If those that want it are so determined to have it I suggest they go and live in a country where they already have.

But equally I would say we have no right to try and chage other cultures to our way of thinking either.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I would be totally against Sharia law in the UK. If those that want it are so determined to have it I suggest they go and live in a country where they already have.

The suggestion came up in Ontario, where I live. The government quickly realised it would not be in their best interests to follow that logic.

Good.

Self edit to add that it is an extremist group lobbying for sharia law. This discourse does not take into account the many, many Muslims who left the 'Stans in order to escape fundamentalist Islam. Let's not get so caught up with the nutbars that we paint them all negatively.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Does it make us the terrorists if we don't start the fight? Are we taking our issues to another country and imposing them there....of course we are in Iraq, and that's a whole other issue....but here (and I'm not war mongering) I was just making the point that as a combined nation, the UK's people would never accept imposition of another set of beliefs over our own. No government is perfect, and we could argue black is white over how competent Gordon Brown and Alex Salmond are, but the whole point of this is the threat of what I can only see as violence within our society if Sharia is imposed on us at any stage in any form. Sharia has no spaces, no gaps for other beliefs, no tolerance of co-habitation amongst beliefs, at it's extreme end, no tolerance or our right to believe what we want.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

I'm not disagreeing with you.

I was just making the point that when our system comes under threat we are quick to defend it, and yet when people in other countries such as the Taliban who are very proud of Afghanistan try to defend their way of life we call them terrorists and bomb them.

Anyway I'm getting a bit off topic. Apologies.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

No worries hun...no offence taken at all.

I find myself unnatually fired up by this single issue, despite being an almost completely non-political animal. I'm actually frightened by it, and it's implications. I know we have perhaps collective responsibilities for what happens with our troops in other countries, and I do agree that we need to look at that. This issue of Sharia here tho, isn't related to the Middle East situation as far as I know....please correct me if I'm wrong. It's simply about Muslim extremists who have decided to live here, and believe that their religious laws should be imposed on us, without our agreement.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I doubt very much their ideas will get very far. In fact if anything it will alienate people who normally don't take much interest in these things and will backfire on the extremists.

So I shouldn't worry too much

[edit on 16-10-2009 by bigyin]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Great thread.

If someone comes to the UK or decides to root their family in the UK they should be made to abide by the laws of the land the same as everyone else!

Otherwise we might as well all invent our own religions and demand a place for our own laws.

This is all being reinforced in the UK by the demonisation of the BNP.

If people don't like the laws of the land they can always go back to their homeland can't they?

As for religious laws.... Why is it all taken so seriously?

It's mythology! Fairy stories!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

5000 angry morons can be somewhat annoying, but only for a couple square blocks since they won't take up much more room than that anyway.

I agree, but what if these morons by means of force or intimidation convinced other Moslems who are less extreme to participate? No Moslem wants to be accused of being anti Moslem.

There are some pretty convincing ways out there which could force those on the sidelines to participate. Look for example, the technique the ANC used in South Africa called necklacing. where a burning tire was placed over a victims head and slowly burned alive. Very convincing!

[edit on 16-10-2009 by useless eaters]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Firstly they haven't got the go ahead from the authorities for this rally. Secondly this is not a UK problem it is all over Europe and the USA.

It wil be interesting to see how many Moslems actually turn up if it is allowed. If there is a huge crowd, we can surely assume, that depite the Council of Moslems saying the majority are peaceful and enjoy our culture the truth is somewhat different.

Geert Wilders was finally allowed to enter the UK today, he was greeted by idiots waving plackards saying -

"ISLAM WILL CONQUER THE WORLD
- FREEDOM CAN GO TO HELL.

The government allow Anjem Choudary and his ilk to spew his anti western and women rhetoric yet stifle anyone who dares show concern over the Islamination of the West.

Do these people really believe they can force this stoneage way of life on us without a fight? Only last year a Somalian 13 year old girl was stoned to death for adultry.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by useless eaters

5000 angry morons can be somewhat annoying, but only for a couple square blocks since they won't take up much more room than that anyway.

I agree, but what if these morons by means of force or intimidation convinced other Moslems who are less extreme to participate? No Moslem wants to be accused of being anti Moslem.

The disparity between the extremists and moderate Muslims is fairly great, I don't think there's much danger in it. It's mainly the youth that get recruited, that's where their future lies.

Tear gas, bean bags and rubber bullets are in good supply I assume, if they want to get aggressive in numbers. If they're new to the country, I say deport them without possibility of appeal.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Members of the organisation have Muslims from all over Britain to meet in the capital on October 31 for a procession to demand the full implementation of sharia law.

The demonstration will start at the House of Commons and will then converge on Trafalgar Square.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Deportation they shouldn't impose there laws in a foreign country that's it that's all. Go back to where you came from and practice it there.
Final

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
15-10-2009 geert wilders was in the UK:
news.bbc.co.uk...
Movie:
www.dumpert.nl... arden_in_engeland_tegen_wilders.html

Maybe its related?

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Rorror]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I will gladly let these individuals live under their law. That’s right. I will gladly allow my taxes to pay for their deportation to a country who live under shariah law. The exchange rate currently means they're likely to live like Kings & Queens so by all means, they have nothing to lose.

Hell, i'll fly you there myself! Just stop trying to tinker with British law!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I agree its become pc to tollerate anything for fear of offending someone. I dont believe Churchill would have allowed this in fact im sure he would be packing them up and sending them home to there countries post haste.I think what people dont understand is the Quran is a total package it not only teaches muslims how to worship but it tells them how to live and what government should do and what laws to have. This is why trying to say the moderates shouldnt agree with them is kinda silly your making them turn away from allah and reject there religion.They see Sharia as rules directly from there god and you think Muslims should ignore that?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't think british people care about the uk. They are letting the Muslims take over like good little sheeple.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by useless eaters

The powers that be made this happen to bring in cheap labor to
work in place of its native citizens, it happened here in the US too.

As the leader of Libya has said all of Europe will become an
Islamic majority in 50 years or less just due to the birth rates.

They win without firing a shot.

It is not technically over yet, but it might as well be.

The governments will not deport their pool of cheap labor.

Your best bet now is to move to one location and create a majority
and change the laws to prevent what is going to sweep the EU into
an extension of the middle east.

Chamberlain's "peace in our time" is ringing hollow once again.

Islamofascism is the new Nazism, just ask Theo van Gogh, if you
can speak with the dead.

Good Luck to you all !

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I doubt very much their ideas will get very far. In fact if anything it will alienate people who normally don't take much interest in these things and will backfire on the extremists.

So I shouldn't worry too much

[edit on 16-10-2009 by bigyin]

The do nothing crowd was all behind Chamberlain right before WW2,
and we all know how that worked out.

"Peace in our time"

For evil to triumph it only need good men do nothing

Islam by its actions is not a religion of peace, and if you give it enough
time that will become VERY clear to you.

I do not however believe that men from a cave got Norad to stand
down on Sept. 11th, the video in my signature makes that clear.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join