It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

brain 2 brain chatting... ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

or survellance 24\7.... ?
or total hogwash...?

British scientists develop 'brain to brain communication'
A system that creates “brain to brain communication” has been developed by British scientists, it has been claimed.

By Andrew Hough
Published: 7:00AM BST 15 Oct 2009

The system, developed by a team at the University of Southampton, is said to be the first technology that would allow people to send thoughts, words and images directly to the minds of others, particularly people with a disability.

It has also been hailed as the future of the internet, which would provide a new way to communicate without the need for keyboards and telephones.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Haha. I'm brain-to-brain chatting right now. See, I think something, which sends signals to my fingers which tap on my keyboard. Your eyes then pick up light and your brain then converts the light into symbols which your brain can interpret.

It sounded pretty interesting until I actually read the article. To say the technology is many years off is an understatement. But hey, I hope it helps someone who's disabled some day, I really do. I hope they make some groundbreaking discoveries and that they aren't used for nefarious purposes.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I am sick of these rubbish news stories. I have been mind controlled for 17 years, in london uk. So what tech are they using on me then. Technology is so far more advanced than the press claim, and the press know about it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I am sick of these rubbish news stories. I have been mind controlled for 17 years, in london uk. So what tech are they using on me then. Technology is so far more advanced than the press claim, and the press know about it.

what do you blame them for making you do?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi there.......my brain is not in right now but if you'll leave a message it will be happy to get back to you.

Beeeeeeep!

Seriously though people have been working on this kind of thing for a number of years. See the work of professor Kevin Warwick, who has been experimenting with neural implants for a number of years now.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Oh god... I can barely keep my thoughts under control enough for me to tolerate the nonesense that ebbs forward from the depth of my dark consciousness let alone the kind of crap I would project outwards to others reading my mind.

Do you really want to see images that someone is thinking? I thought clicking on the goatse link was bad... heaven help all of us.

I can just see this working between a husband and a wife. "Henry, who is Julie?" asks the wife.

Nuff said, this is bad technology and should be disposed of hence forth.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming

I can just see this working between a husband and a wife. "Henry, who is Julie?" asks the wife.

Nuff said, this is bad technology and should be disposed of hence forth.

why? just because of fear? (animal fear i might add)

hey if you don't have anything to hide imagine how much more understanding, sympathetic, bonded we would be to one another.

these little common neurotic insecurities that you mention are merely speedbumps we need to get past in order to be completely connected to one another and be a higher being.

-

top topics

join