It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need an ATS "Propaganda" Wing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I use the word "propaganda" not because what we say isnt truth, i just cant think of a better word to get the point across in the headline. I think ATS should have a "propaganda" arm. a section where people can choose from a variety of leaflets and pamphlets and posters that we can print so that we can distribute them and wake up the sheeple. maybe this isnt a new idea, maybe it is i dont know. but im reopening the case for it. There is so much the laboring slaves of this country dont know because they are too occupied about the most mundane meaningless sh*t and too wayed down with debt and bills. I think ATS should seriously consider this as i know i would be an active distributor of content as i know many of my fellow ATS'ers would be. We need to counter the MSM with a grassroots wake up the sheeple campaign. Formats for print should be in both .pdf and html so that those without pdf can still go to the html versions and print them.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67abd8fc10df.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 16-10-2009 by TheCoffinman]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Interesting idea. Would you want the leaflets to push ATS in general, or do you feel there are "need to know" topics that we need to share with those less aware?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

you could have leaflets to push ATS but what im speaking of is more about need to know things.

www.wethepeoplefoundation.org...

alot like that but without the advertsing. all info, all facts, a pic or two maybe. made by and for ATS'ers..

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hey at least your trying to do something.

For that, I have a great respect for your ideas.

However, I caution that you should NOT focus on the "US Govt" and scapegoat it as the big bad guy.

The focus should be aimed at the International Banking scam, and the UN plans to destroy every nation on the planet financially and politically.

This way opposition to the message will be fairly light, and nearly everyone will be open to it. And a lot of good info can be spread quickly.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
this isnt limited to the us by any means, it should be a general "wake up call" for everyone about anything. leaflets and posters for everyone in ever corner of the land. but then is up to us ATS'ers to make them and post them for distrubution, whatever is posted is what we get to choose from ya know. see something that should be on there that isnt?, make ur own flyer.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
In my opinion, the greatest strength of ATS is that most people come here of their own accord, or through word of mouth.

It's a strength because it means they have been searching for a particular topic and have been tenacious enough to find a place with all the info they need.

IMO this means that they are very likely to want to discuss and be educated or educate others.

Other forms of advertising are likely to lead to unruly elements and a tidal wave of trolls.

As it is, the people that are attracted here come because they have sought us out - and IMO that's the people we want, not a mass of voracious trolls, piss takers or thrill seekers who have no understanding of the concept of ATS.

I'm not putting the OP down - I thought the same way myself at times.

I just don't think it's the way forwards - far better to just keep doing what we're doing

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
this is one of the best ideas ive heard in a very very long time.

i would say the way to go about it is pretty much what was proposed already. pamphlets with straight info. street teams spread the word, maybe over time rent out hotel convention rooms for..well conventions, q and a sessions, info meetings, town hall style meetings (minus the yelling and disrupting)

not only will this help spread the word, but if enough of just us here on ATS make our selves VISIBLE (not hidden under a SN) then we can get more of a voice (hopefully) and "mainstream" thinkers may start paying a bit more attention. also, the media will be all but forced to start covering us if we make a big enough stink, which shouldnt be hard if we call them out on their ignorance/ sheep-ness

im down to help. seriously, this sounds like it's right up my alley. let me know

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski

Other forms of advertising are likely to lead to unruly elements and a tidal wave of trolls.

Unless... If another side of ATS was set up and was the site advertised on the pamphlets. It could contain items created by members of this site, and through that site could you be linked to ATS.

Trolls who simply wanted to cause some quick trouble would be less likely to take the time to find the link on a 'through site'. Whereas people genuinely interested can do so, whilst at the same time having a slightly larger initiation by seeing what kind of things the community is currently talking about.

Like when you buy the tiny cans of deoderant before buying a full size one

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Activism is against T&C's.

This idea has been devised and argued plenty of times on ATS.

new topics

top topics

join