It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Booster Help ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hi folks,

So we are moving into a new home at the end of the month. We are very excited about the whole thing except that we seem to have one serious issue. Namely that our GSM (t-mobile) cell phone reception is terrible in most of the house and even in the garden. At best we sometimes get one bar and most of the time we get no reception at all.

I've been looking on the interwebs for something called a repeater/booster/amplifier but I really don't know how to make a decision on this. Prices range from around $300 up to $1000. It's hard to tell what the difference is between the units and customer reviews are scarce and inconclusive.

Do any of you have any experience with these units?

I could use advice on which is the best unit for an approx. 3000 sq/ft property and if anyone knows of some less expensive alternatives.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There are little "stick on" range boosters that you can buy for around ten bucks that just stick to the inside of the battery cover.

They are not powered and look very similar to a printed circuit.

I have used one, and know they work better with than without, but I never did any real testing as to bar strength or anything like that. But for 10 bucks, you have nothing to lose...except for your 10 bucks of course.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A friend of mine with a cabin in the country has had some real good success with this unit. I'll wager like anything else, experiences will vary and probably be affected by the installation. If you take the time to find the optimal spot for antenna installation and do it properly, this unit will likely do the job for you.

Not that you wouldn't, just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
There are little "stick on" range boosters that you can buy for around ten bucks that just stick to the inside of the battery cover.

They are not powered and look very similar to a printed circuit.

I have used one, and know they work better with than without, but I never did any real testing as to bar strength or anything like that. But for 10 bucks, you have nothing to lose...except for your 10 bucks of course.

What would you use for an iPhone. Where I am moving soon in AL I get no signal in or around the house. I usually have to sit in my car with my phone charging to get any kind of signal. Sounds weird but it works. This is the only place I have trouble wit a signal, go figure...lol

SD congrats on the new home!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

for that much money you can cancel your account and get a different carrier and keep your number...might be something to think about

top topics

join