It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Charles Krauthammer, summary of Obama

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickspm
Krauthammer is a neocon. The neocons were wrong about everything: Weapons of Mass Destruction for one thing. America is now toast with all of these ridiculous wars in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, and now what? Iran next?!

Now I held out a little hope for Obama. Unfortunately the 98% near certainty I had before of Obama being nothing more than a corporate schill has been confirmed over the last eight or nine months.

Forget Democrats and Republicans; they are all too corrupt. America is corrupt, bankrupt, in debt, and bent on destroying itself or the rest of the world, whichever comes first.

The solution, whatever it is, is not within our current system. I'm not trying to be negative. I don't want to be a downer. But America as we have known it in our lives is finished. It's not coming back like it was before.
How can a country that is based on infinite war and infinite debt possibly last?
It can't.

So what's next? Civil war or revolution? Possibly. Otherwise all I see is each year getting a little worse than the one before here in the U.S.: If someone sees a more optimistic scenario, please chime in.

Forgive my ignorance..I dont know what a neocon is..I know, that Im not for either side..I feel like you..I just want a country that is fair for all..I was thinking about this earlier today..back when I was younger, things were so much easier, more carefree..people still fought about politics, but it was not like it is now..now it seems life or death..

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Prove to me Obama is an intellectual, not a liar, and not a sissy coward.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wierd..this old song came on just a few minutes ago..and I have to say..the lyrics really made me think..call me kooky..sorry..they are long

"49 harry truman, doris day, red china, johnnie ray
South pacific, walter winchell, joe dimaggio

50 joe mccarthy, richard nixon, studebaker, television
North korea, south korea, marilyn monroe

51 rosenbergs, h-bomb, sugar ray, panmunjom
Brando, the king and I and the catcher in the rye

52 eisenhower, vaccine, englands got a new queen
Marciano, liberace, santayana goodbye

Chorus
We didnt start the fire
It was always burning
Since the worlds been turning
We didnt start the fire
No we didnt light it
But we tried to fight it

53 joseph stalin, malenkov, nasser and prokofiev
Rockefeller, campanella, communist bloc

54 roy cohn, juan peron, toscanini, dacron
Dien bien phu falls, rock around the clock

55 einstein, james dean, brooklyns got a winning team
Davy crockett, peter pan, elvis presley, disneyland

56 bardot, budapest, alabama, krushchev
Princess grace, peyton place, trouble in the suez

57 little rock, pasternak, mickey mantle, kerouac
Sputnik, chou en-lai, bridge on the river kwai

58 lebanon, charles de gaulle, california baseball
Starkweather, homicide, children of thalidomide

59 buddy holly, ben hur, space monkey, mafia
Hula hoops, castro, edsel is a no-go

60 u-2, syngman rhee, payola and kennedy
Chubby checker, psycho, belgians in the congo

61 hemingway, eichmann, stranger in a strange land
Dylan, berlin, bay of pigs invasion

62 lawrence of arabia, british beatlemania
Ole miss, john glenn, liston beats patterson

63 pope paul, malcolm x, british politician sex
Jfk, blown away, what else do I have to say

64 - 89 birth control, ho chi minh, richard nixon back again
Moonshot, woodstock, watergate, punk rock
Begin, reagan, palestine, terror on the airline
Ayatollahs in iran, russians in afghanistan

Wheel of fortune, sally ride, heavy metal, suicide
Foreign debts, homeless vets, aids, crack, bernie goetz
Hypodermics on the shores, chinas under martial law
Rock and roller cola wars, I cant take it anymore"

We Didnt Start the Fire- Billy Joel

I suppose it's always been "something"...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Yummy Freelunch]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
reply to post by piddles

who says liars aren't intelligent?

I asked you for proof first, dogg. Kinda feel like turning it back on me is a bit...childish?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Man...you can sure see the nutjobs liberals in this thread...whats Obama accomplished so far besides making TV appearances, making speeches and accepting awards he never earned.

It's too bad we don't have people like Krauthammer in government, we wouldn't have this mess! This guy brings wisdom to the political arena like no one has done for decades, he NEVER fails to hit the nail on the head.

I would also like to thank Obama for that coming $250 stimulus, thats like $20 a month, please take it and stick it!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
reply to post by piddles

Can't prove he is an intellectual, he hasn't released any of his records scholastic or otherwise. Regarding "Liar" I believe he's proven that several times over with his rants on the health care bill. A "sissy coward" that's pretty evident with so many world leaders either dissing and mocking him or making a laughing stock out of him.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
reply to post by HunkaHunka

As I stated in the OP, I received the email from a friend of mine, the email wasnt written by ME.

You probably should have used quote tags in your post to clarify that then...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
For the love of god people,"OBAMA" isnt the mastermind behind everything that is going on. He simple works for the banks and the secret monopolys that decide our fate. Trust me obama couldnt orchestrate tieing his shoes let alone a corporate take over and financial meltdown. They do the same thing with all the presidents, they make them the messiah, then when they turn out to be a wolf in sheeps clothing they demonize them and praise the "to be" presidents.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Star and flag!

I strongly believe Obama will be the most hated president. I hope the country turn on his appointees and tears the vermin apart.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

His analysis is opinion based and hypothetical at best. While I do agree with some aspects of his dissertation, this is NOT a source of unequivocal truth and should be taken with a grain of salt. His Pulitzer prize means nothing more than the recognition of his possessing a cleverness and ability to articulate his OPINION with exemplary skill. His disabilities also serve to strengthen his overall persona and to establish a sense of innocence and believability. If you want to hear the words of a truly profound and enlightened individual who's handicap does not serve to elicit "sympathy" in an attempt to sway opinions as facts then do some research on Dr. Stephen Hawking. We are all liberal in some regards and conservative in others. It's about balance, not one sided propaganda. To be solely a "conservative" is to resist change, which is what the root, to conserve, directly implies. Everything changes, all the time. What could be more dysfunctional than to RESIST change as it is inevitable. Obama is a good person but just like our doctors, lawyers etc. that work for the "system" with a belief that what they are doing is right, so do our governmental figures. Politics is nothing more than a snake with 2 heads. It's ultimate goal is to divide and those who play into it's allure are it's pawns. I thought the motto for this site was "Deny Ignorance"? So far, all I've witnessed is complete ignorance from the large majority of political OP's. Wake up people. :-)

A Flower for YOU.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by InthekNOwla]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Summary of his comments:

1. Mr. Obama is a very intellectual, charming individual. He is not to be underestimated. He is a cool customer who doesn't show his emotions. It's very hard to know what's behind the mask.The taking down of the Clinton dynasty was an amazing accomplishment. The Clintons still do not understand what hit them. Obama was in the perfect place at the perfect time.

2. Obama has political skills comparable to Reagan and Clinton . He has a way of making you think he's on your side, agreeing with your position, while doing the opposite. Pay no attention to what he SAYS; rather, watch what he DOES!

3. Obama has a ruthless quest for power. He did not come to Washington to make something out of himself, but rather to change everything, including dismantling capitalism. He can't be straightforward on his ambitions, as the public would not go along.
He has a heavy hand, and wants to level the playing field with income redistribution and punishment to the achievers of society. He would like to model the USA to Great Britain or Canada .

Yet another thread about Mr.Obama which probably has little to offer as an insight of what people suppose to do.

Let me clear out I am not fond of Mr.Obama, in fact I am not fond of any previous president of the United states simply because he is a president of the United States.
I am going to interpret the little quote from above with a different approach and gloves are off.

First of all Mr. Obama is a Leo. Leos are notorious of not being able to hide their emotions. In many cases if they steer themselves at the right positions regarding career and family life and achieve a balance through charisma and determination, they should not need to.
Mr.Obama can't really hide his emotions, because i can read him like a book. I'm a Leo myself. The thing is he probably has a cabinet full of people that advise him, that whatever he is doing is the good thing. He is not hiding anything, he just seems sure he's getting a backing up from his people since he has to do whatever they advise him to. If these things fail then down the road we will indeed witness Mr.Obama losing his cool.

On this note I would like to ask, why not throw the spotlight on the rest of the people in his cabinet? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT, for a change?

I don't really believe he propelled himself to power. Clinton's made a mess. The party now wanted a man that would appear honest to the masses. The thing is he might also have fallen or will fall as a victim to the lies they are feeding him.

Comparing him to Clinton's.
Clinton's are clearly an entirely different matter. They were on a league of their own. They were a "family" or should I say "familia". They have a past which many believed it was notorious and Clinton's themselves believed they had a future.

Now let me rephrase the third part of the quote and put the word "America" instead in place for "Obama".

America has a ruthless quest for power. She did not come the forefront to make something out of themselves, (since they had the naivety of believing that their collective decisions when they gave a damn to actually make some, would be reflected properly to what their governments would actually do, hence their decisions are not really their own) but rather to change everything, including dismantling whatever attitude civilisation has achieved up tp now. They can't be straightforward on their ambitions, as the rest of the world would not go along.
They have a heavy hand, and want to level the playing field with power redistribution and punishment to the other achieving nations of our civilization. maybe now they got scared from the anticipated consequences of their actions and would like to model their country to Great Britain or Canada to simply opt out from their failing legacy leaving the rest of the world struggling with the remains.

The epitome of egotistical and irresponsible behavior.

It's YOU. It's not "insert whatever presidents name".

I would like to picture the irony that exists in the current situation. There is a sea full of fish, and the hungry are gathering on the shore feeling helpless and scared that they probably are going to starve to death, unable to realize the wealth that lays in front of them.

The Universe in one picture

You people are the epitome of failure.
Do us a favor and step aside gracefully for others to lead the way.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by piddles

Proof? It's in the pudding. Nothing has been accomplished from the position of Obama's pre-election rhetoric. Has he revoked the Patriot Act? Has he created transperancy? Has he dismantled those un-constitutional powers granted to Bush? Has he closed Guantanamo? Sure... it's "in the works." Let's see if the Jan deadline is met. If it is met I assure you we won't know where the prisoners have gone. Is that better?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat

You are all welcome, and I will be making it a point to pay more attention to this man

Well OP,

Sorry to say the email is disinformation.

Good Doctor himself said about this Email

This account is neither accurate or authoritative

To everyone who bought into because it supported your world view

The truth
So why is this not HOAX if it is filled with bull# and the guy who gave the speech said it was bull#.... Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Yawn - this is supposed to be revealing or ground breaking?

What are people using for brains if this is news to them?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525
He's 100% correct about the Narcissism thing,
According to a college psych textbook I have:

Someone with Narcissistic Personality disorder (NPD) will display these symptoms:

A grandiose sense of self-importance, with stories of their achievements and talents. They expect to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements

A preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited power

A belief that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people

A lust for excessive admiration

A sense of entitlement, with expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations They are interpersonally exploitative, and take advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends

A total lack of empathy toward others. Inability to even recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others. They don't care how many others suffer. All that matters is the Narcissist's agenda.

Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes, in the extreme.

You can go right down the list checking these traits off...these traits fit many politicians to the proverbial "T". This list could have been written for the Clintons and Obama.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by lw2525]

Sounds like Obama and I have at something in common ..

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by shug7272

Originally posted by Helmkat

You are all welcome, and I will be making it a point to pay more attention to this man

Well OP,

Sorry to say the email is disinformation.

Good Doctor himself said about this Email

This account is neither accurate or authoritative

To everyone who bought into because it supported your world view

The truth
So why is this not HOAX if it is filled with bull# and the guy who gave the speech said it was bull#.... Hmmmm.

It makes you wonder...

Noun 1. hoax - something intended to deceive; deliberate trickery intended to gain an advantage
dupery, put-on, fraud, fraudulence, humbug
chicanery, wile, shenanigan, trickery, guile

Perhaps there should be a [SHENANIGANS!] forum instead for this kind of tripe?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Dr. Charles Krauthammer? The known neo-con? Regular talking head on faux news?

Hardly unbiased.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

I agree with most of his opinion, except for looking to the Republican party for salvation.

8.. Republicans are in the wilderness for a while, but will emerge strong. Republicans are pining for another Reagan, but there will never be another like him. Krauthammer believes Mitt Romney, Tim Pawlenty & Bobby Jindahl (except for his terrible speech in February) are the future of the party. Newt Gingrich is brilliant, but has baggage. Sarah Palin is sincere and intelligent, but needs to really be seriously boning up on facts and info if she is to be a serious candidate in the future. We need to return to the party of lower taxes, smaller government, personal responsibility, strong national defense, and state's rights

Romney, pawlenty, and Jindahl are members of the Council on Forien Relations. The cycle starts over. We need fresh politicians with NO Globalist ties or No Politicians at all. Why we havent declared war on International Bankers and thier FOUNDATIONS is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnotherSon
reply to post by piddles

Proof? It's in the pudding. Nothing has been accomplished from the position of Obama's pre-election rhetoric. Has he revoked the Patriot Act? Has he created transperancy? Has he dismantled those un-constitutional powers granted to Bush? Has he closed Guantanamo? Sure... it's "in the works." Let's see if the Jan deadline is met. If it is met I assure you we won't know where the prisoners have gone. Is that better?

a real argument rather than just saying some random crap? I'm for it.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 12GaugePermissionSlip

I mean our entire world's problems all started nine little ol' months ago, didn't they?

No they did not but Obama and the new Congress sure put gasoline on the fire.

Date ---$ /oz gold -----Money supply total ------increase...

1985 ------- 354.20-----------$205 billion----------- up $103 billion......
1994 --------409.80--------- $ 406 billion----------- up $201 billion.....
2006 -------636.30-----------$808 billion------------up $402 billion........
2008 -------880.30-----------$831 billion-------------up $23 billion.........
2009-----1,020.28-------- $1663 billion------------up $921 billion....

The Money supply normally doubles at approximately ten year intervals. Within three months Obama doubled the money supply. As I expected this destablized the US dollar and turned it from "hard currency" status into a "soft currency", that is a currency of no value in international trade.

Early this year this statement was made.

I am amazed that the US government, in the midst of the worst financial crises ever, is content for short-selling to drive down the asset prices that the government is trying to support....The bald fact is that the combination of ignorance, negligence, and ideology that permitted the crisis to happen still prevails and is blocking any remedy. Either the people in power in Washington and the financial community are total dimwits or they are manipulating an opportunity to redistribute wealth from taxpayers, equity owners and pension funds to the financial sector. Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury www.countercurrents.org...

It seems Paul Craig Roberts was correct. the only question now is how soon before the USA is bankrupt.

"The stimulus is what's toxic -- we're poisoning ourselves and the global economy with it."...

Bernanke could go down in economic history as the man who killed the greenback on the operating table.

After printing up trillions of new dollars and new bonds to stimulate the US economy, the Federal Reserve chief is now boxed into a corner battling two separate monsters that could devour the economy -- ravenous inflation on one hand, and a perilous recession on the other.

"He's in a crisis worse than the meltdown ever was," said Peter Schiff, president of Euro Pacific Capital. "I fear that he could be the Fed chairman who brought down the whole thing." ...
New York Post

I have had the feeling Congress and Obama are trying to shipwreck the USA on purpose. I can not believe they are the "total dimwits" as Paul Craig Roberts thinks, especially since in Sept. 14, 1994 David Rockefeller, speaking at the UN Business Council,.said "This present window of opportunity, during which a truly peaceful and interdependent world order might be built, will not be open for too long - We are on the verge of a global transformation. All we need is the right major crisis and the nations will accept the New World Order." And a year later Clinton, another Janus faced democrat ratified the World Trade Organization that exported US jobs and industry while causing millions in third world countries to starve.

Now the democrats have returned to power and Obama is giving the USA the coup de grâce, Of course this is after allowing Bush and the republicans to put in the mechanism for transforming the USA into a dictatorship (the Patriot Act) and making agreements to "harmonize" our laws with the EU. Note in the EU the "Lisbon treaty" is about to be ratified. the Lisbon Treaty, which is the renamed new Constitution consolidating such power and taking away the sovereignty of most nations

May the USA R.I.P.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join