It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dutch MP hails UK visit 'victory'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Controversial Dutch MP Geert Wilders has hailed his arrival in the UK as a "victory for freedom of speech".

He told a packed press conference in Westminster he was "proud of the UK asylum and immigration tribunal" for overturning the ban.

And he repeated his criticism of Muslim ideology and defended his call for the Koran to be banned in Holland.

His press conference was moved inside amid angry scenes, with demonstrators chanting "Wilders go to hell".

About 40 Muslim protesters gathered outside the Abbey Gardens buildings, opposite the Houses of Parliament, where the hastily rearranged press conference was held.

Held back by a police line, and surrounded by camera crews from around the world, they chanted slogans such as "Sharia for the UK" and "Freedom go to hell" and held up placards saying: "Sharia for the Netherlands" and "Islam will be superior".

I am all for free speech but why is it when ever some "Muslim" protestors chant slogans like above its accetable but this guy was orginally denied entry to the UK for his political views on Islam.

You can bet anything you have if you chanted anti Islam slogans in the centre of London you would be arrested in a heart beat

I also liked the freedom go to hell don't they relise it is the freedom they have to even protest that they are protesting against.

Islam will be superior, was it not already meant to be.

I really find it hard to understand the mentality of these protestors maybe someone can give me an idea

[edit on 16-10-2009 by jpmail]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
news.bbc.co.uk...

I really find it hard to understand the mentality of these protestors maybe someone can give me an idea

[edit on 16-10-2009 by jpmail]

These people (the protesters) are religious fanatics. Unfortunately their fanaticism is coupled with a primitive cultural background and indoctrination. Hats off to Geert Wilders! The protesters showed their true colours because of him — unbridled hatred against their host countries and the prevailing view that they must be conquered for Islam.
Ban Islam in Holland? Why not? Practicing a religion other than Islam in Saudi Arabia is punishable by death! We banned the Nazi party, the Communist party, Scientology (in some places) etc. So why can't we ban Islam? When an organization is becomes destructive or oppressive then it gets banned! Let's do it, Geert Wilders!!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
The Actions of a small minority, gets the rest of the muslim community branded with the same brush. Although most Muslims in the UK do not agree, with the way they protest.

To me if they do not agree with, these protestors, or are sick of being branded with the same brush, maybe it is about time they stood up and said something, instead of hiding behind closed doors.

As for the Dutch MP, well it is a victory for Democracy, Freedom of speech, which the present Government has tried to censor for the past 9 - 10 years. Maybe now the Present Government will recognise they cannot silence those whom want debates brought into the public domain, weiter contraversial or not.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by civilized mammal

These people (the protesters) are religious fanatics.

I wonder how you can know this? Do you know each of them?

I don't pretend that I can't see the potential threat of the integration of a totally alien culture. But I can't see how banning what someone believes is even possible. Won't that just end in continued pain and conflict for all?

top topics

join