It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry Protest Against Far-Right Dutch MP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Angry Protest Against Far-Right Dutch MP headline]
news.sky.com

Dozens of angry Muslims have been protesting against a right-wing Dutch MP accused of Islamophobia visiting Britain.

About 40 demonstrators gathered near the Houses of Parliament, as Geert Wilders arrived in central London.

Police held back the protesters, who were brandishing banners saying "Shariah is the solution, freedom go to hell" and "Geert Wilders deserves Islamic punishment".

(visit the link for the full news article)

ADMIN EDIT: fixed the title to properly reflect the source article.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Crakeur]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ok, i'm not commenting on Geert Wilders speech but just take a look at what is written on the banners of the protesters!!!

banners such as 'Islam will dominate the World'

Pretty obvious to me what their intent is..... if there are people still here who are blind enough to not see these banners then i'm afraid you need to go get some glasses or wake up....

Can you imagine if we all looked like them?

And what about 'freespeech'? This is something Muslims strive for here to rant their mouths but when it is somebody else who is not Muslim they get called all sorts...

All Geert is saying in the video is that we do not want to live under an Islamic regime and i think that echos what a lot of us feel....

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
well firstly you need to change your thread title bro
2ndly you can apply this logic to any abrahamic religions

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
i'm not going to sit here and lie and say Islam doesn't have a history of violence (even if it does come from people who take it to the extreme) but this hardly is proof. it's just a small portion protesting and such.

and if Muslims all over really feel this way, the majority i come across hide it pretty damn well.

and the guy over me is right, all religions of abraham have/still do the same thing

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ok, titles been changed to reflect the story and i know a lot of these threads pass through here but this is headlining the News so i'm just posting it....

I only switched on the TV for a minute and that was the first thing i saw.... should have kept it switched off.

I suppose what it will come down to in the end is what sort of future do we want?

From what i see it will go one way or the other....

[edit on 16-10-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

The irony is that most people wouldn't have "Islamaphobia" if it weren't for folks like this. I personally could care less what religion people want to follow, however the problem with people like this, is that THEY have a problem if you DON'T follow their religion. The fact that I am a person who chooses not to follow any religion, means that in their eyes, I should be murdered.

They are the unfortunate reason that people like me just simply go "wacko religious nutjobs", rather than saying "misguided subset of an otherwise normal religion". I know the latter is the case, but its easier to believe the prior.

Watching folks like this though makes me feel as if I'm getting a SMALL glimpse of what it must have been like during the Christian crusades, and being someone who wasn't Christian..

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghostt

You have to be kidding, right? A CAIR intern.

(The peer said Mr Wilders' arrival was "a celebration of the victory of freedom of speech over those who would prevent it in this country, particularly the Islamists, the violent Jihadists who are on the march across the world and in the UK".)

Prosecutors in The Netherlands have accused Mr Wilders of inciting hatred and discrimination. ( Another typical CAIR ploy.) Shariah Law and honor killings, female circumcision, now I call that real evolving as a species!

I have a good idea. Read or Listen to Exactly what Mr. Wilders said and why he was exonerated, which Michael Savage is still working to clear his name from being banned in Brittan.

Please don't paste false made up agendas and stick to the facts please, for the love of my god!

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Haha "Shariah is the solution, freedom go to hell" What annoys me most about these types of muslims (because not all are the same) Is their presumption people would like to live under such tyranny.
I have no doubts that Islam is on a personal mission to take over the world, aren’t they all? Christianity has been at it century’s, killing people associated with things such as paganism and anything that branched off from it.

Lets do the world the world a favour and ban ALL religion. Or at least, silence people from talking about it unless in their own place of worship.
Speaking negatively about someone’s religion isnt cause for extreme action, However, if someone torched your place of worship then i'd understand. Just because this guy (who is considered racist) Has an opinion that criticizes islam doesn’t mean he should be banned from a democratic country.

And i'll be damned if i, or any of my family live under sharia law. Not.going.to.happen.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
If they like Sharia law so much, maybe we can suggest them to move (back?) to that country?

Ah wait, you like all the welfare that Britain gives...I guess you can learn to live with our law system then? I guess not...

It's my understanding that he was prevented from coming to this country to prevent outbursts from this crazy group of muslims..., the exact kind he is campaigning against...Well here's an idea, arrest the trouble causing muslims when they do stuff like this rather than prevent free speech.

He is not inciting violence, he is inciting the banning of violence. Would there have been (potential) violence if these muslims weren't in town to cause the trouble in the first place? I think not.

Also I'm not sure I like the way the media keep branding him as "far right". What is far right these days? It sounds like it's the only group of people who can say what they really feel. I think the "far left" currently in control are much more criminal. Maybe they should be given a taste of sharia law to help them make their mind up? Ship them off into one of the taliban villages bordering pakistan or something.

new topics

top topics

join