It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Pilot Missing After F-16s Collide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Newser) – The Coast Guard is searching off the coast of South Carolina for the pilot of an F-16 involved in a collision with another fighter jet last night during a training exercise. The other pilot involved managed to safely return to Shaw Air Force Base and is being examined by doctors. Pilots from the base have been conducting nighttime exercises this week using night vision equipment.
www.newser.com...

night time operations, huh? i wonder what operation this is? if anyone's got any new info please advise.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
ah, no replies. i just wanted to post so this thread does not get burried. i tried posting to "breaking news"; however, it would not let me use the "new article" button.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
evidently the f-16 is involved in other collisions this one Navy Jets Collide in Northern Nevada; 1 Pilot Killed

* Print * ShareThis FALLON, Nev. — The U.S. Navy has confirmed one pilot was killed after two jets flying a training mission collided over northern Nevada's high desert.
www.foxnews.com... and discussed here on ats www.abovetopsecret.com... back in june, 2008

i'm going to check and see just how many f-16's are involved in collisions during training exercises.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
ah, no big deal. so common place. so socially acceptable the maneuvers, the joint exercises, the 400 thousand + foreign troops in our country, the acceptance of laws, act, policies, rules, regulations, weapons of massive destruction, the complacency of people.

why do i bother to question?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Mussel are you looking for info on F-16 crashes? If so in the Aviation forum we had a huge thread awhile back that came out of twin vs single engine planes and if the F-16 was really a flying coffin it go heated at times but a lot of good info came out of it.

Ok I found the thread. Its is linked below and its 10 pages long, but as I said we covered a lot of ground. If you want to revive it due to this crash and get feedback from people go ahead and let me know if you need anything by messaging me.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-10-2009 by Canada_EH]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Canada_EH

thanks for the link. my concern was not in the jet itself it was the maneuvers, night maneuvers taking place.

i appreciate you.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
night training is normal and needed for all pilots as well as the benefit of training vs multi national forces in dis-similar aircraft. Not sure what you find weird about this.

new topics

top topics

join