It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we so harshly reject the idea of ET's existing, and visiting Earth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
really? people really think they're special cuz they think they're alone in the universe and humans were the top of the food chain made by god?

if thats whats bolstering people's self esteem i think they're in for a rude awakening; and not a moment too soon. how arrogant to think the human race is so special. its a frigging mess from what ive seen of it. people's egos never cease to amaze me.

and common sense if you have any should tell you that animals come in two sorts - those that eat you and those that are harmless. aliens would be much the same then, as just other species of animals in the universe; just as HUMANS are a species of ANIMAL too. although they like to think they arent, which is ridiculous.

[edit on 18-10-2009 by rapunzel222]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Because we are, largely in part due to social conditioning, an insecure and narrow minded race plagued with egocentric self-doubt and ignorance due to our so-called authorities impressing their own ideologies on the functions they see all around us as a means of imposing some elusive, though none the less gratifying, illusion of control over processes and phenomena which they actually do not understand and/or only barely manage to comprehend, which they then in turn relay to the general populace through scholastic and broadcast outlets, the magnitude of a great many of which prompt many of us to seek solace and refuge in this or that hot ticket item/guru/technique/flavor of the week, so that we'll be able to convince ourselves that it is we whom are the masters of our little neck of the universe in which our solar system resides.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

don't look at me...I think its even possible there are civilizations a couple billion years older than earth humans

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hyperdimensional travel seems to be the last stand for ET getting here.
There seems to be objections to other methods.
With billions and billions of stars so far away and with no clue
as to which direction to travel, even hyperdimensionally, the
chances look slim or none for any guests appearing that are
not a puppet or sketch of some kind.
And being tied to saucers during the 1940s seems now like too
much of a cover up for experimental craft spotted in detail
on several occasions. Even the sparky events are explainable
as high voltage craft.
So the ET and UFO are still mysteries as many now see joined
in some instances and separate in others.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
because they are scared. i mean come on so many people dont believe in ghosts. which would someone believe in first alien or ghost? what do you think

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The reason people don't believe it? It might be due to the fact there hasn't been one shred of evidence that points to aliens visiting this planet ever. And in, what, 60 odd years not one person has come up with irrefutable evidence of their existence on or around earth? I find that incredible. It sadly leads to the conclusion that they've never been here.

You can argue that they are here in a secret agreement with the worlds governments, and while that being highly unlikely, it hardly bodes well for anyone to trust aliens is it?

Most don't want to believe it purely because of how aliens have been depicted in films, books, TV etc. They usually just wanna kill us or take over the planet or some crap. Its all about fear.

But given the sheer size of the universe, the chances of intelligent life being remotely close to us is practically zero. They're just to far away.

I hope im so wrong though

[edit on Monday20092009-10-19T09:41:30-05:00am3141200910 by thesneakiod]

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Because for so many, it directly confronts the nice, gentle version of reality. The greatest thing people fear is change.

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by thesneakiod

you are wrong. theres plenty of evidence that they're here and that they've always been here.

there ya go - you should be pleased

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join