It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The role of the HOLY SPIRIT/ THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH ?" *Speak on it ATS, do you feel his presence?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Of all the gifts given to mankind by God, there is none greater than the presence of the Holy Spirit. The Spirit has many functions, roles, and activities. First, He does a work in the hearts of all people everywhere. Jesus told the disciples that He would send the Spirit into the world to “convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment” (John 16:7-11). Everyone has a “God consciousness,” whether or not they admit it. The Spirit applies the truths of God to minds of men to convince them by fair and sufficient arguments that they are sinners. Responding to that conviction brings men to salvation.

Once we are saved and belong to God, the Spirit takes up residence in our hearts forever, sealing us with the confirming, certifying, and assuring pledge of our eternal state as His children. Jesus said He would send the Spirit to us to be our Helper, Comforter, and Guide. “And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever” (John 14:16). The Greek word translated here “Counselor” means “one who is called alongside” and has the idea of someone who encourages and exhorts. The Holy Spirit takes up permanent residence in the hearts of believers (Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, 12:13). Jesus gave the Spirit as a “compensation” for His absence, to perform the functions toward us which He would have done if He had remained personally with us.

Among those functions is that of revealer of truth. The Spirit’s presence within us enables us to understand and interpret God’s Word. Jesus told His disciples that “when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth” (John 16:13). He reveals to our minds the whole counsel of God as it relates to worship, doctrine, and Christian living. He is the ultimate guide, going before, leading the way, removing obstructions, opening the understanding, and making all things plain and clear. He leads in the way we should go in all spiritual things. Without such a guide, we would be apt to fall into error. A crucial part of the truth He reveals is that Jesus is who He said He is (John 15:26; 1 Corinthians 12:3). The Spirit convinces us of Christ’s deity and incarnation, His being the Messiah, His suffering and death, His resurrection and ascension, His exaltation at the right hand of God, and His role as the judge of all. He gives glory to Christ in all things (John 16:14).

Another one of the Holy Spirit’s roles is that of gift-giver. First Corinthians 12 describes the spiritual gifts given to believers in order that we may function as the body of Christ on earth. All these gifts, both great and small, are given by the Spirit so that we may be His ambassadors to the world, showing forth His grace and glorifying Him.

The Spirit also functions as fruit-producer in our lives. When He indwells us, He begins the work of harvesting His fruit in our lives—love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22-23). These are not works of our flesh, which is incapable of producing such fruit, but they are products of the Spirit’s presence in our lives.

The knowledge that the Holy Spirit of God has taken up residence in our lives, that He performs all these miraculous functions, that He dwells with us forever, and that He will never leave or forsake us is cause for great joy and comfort. Thank God for this precious gift—the Holy Spirit and His work in our lives!

[edit on 10/16/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I personally have felt his presence for a very long time, the spirit guides my every step and paths I take in life. Many of you seek his presence and support and do not realize its what you seek, even atheist. If you all look deep enough into your SPIRITS/SOULS SURROUNDED BY SO MUCH IGNORANCE you will feel it and MABEY HE WILL BEGIN TO GUIDE YOU WHO FEEL LOST IN THE DARKNESS/UNIVERSE. AMEN *ALL MEN*

"The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you." (John 14:26)

"When He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth; for He will not speak on His own initiative, but whatever He hears, He will speak; and He will disclose to you what is to come." (John 16:13)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Not anymore than I feel the presence of Santa Claus.

Why did you post this in the Aliens and UFOs forum?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge
Not anymore than I feel the presence of Santa Claus.

Why did you post this in the Aliens and UFOs forum?

Was not sure where to post it as creating threads is still new to me. But Santa claus REALLY. Interesting view my friend. He is VERY REAL and also may be viewed as a E.T. by some for his abilities, just as CHRIST ABILITIES MAY BE VIEWED BY SOME AS E.T. RELATED especially when some view LIVING then being KILLED and REAWAKENED and ASCENDING as some of you CHOSEN 1z SHALL, friend. LOL @ Santa claus though the SPIRIT is here to help you out of this type of mentality so you are chosen and not left behind with the DEMONS/ BAD ALIENS/FALLEN 1/3 ANGELS FROM HEAVEN or ABOVE how ever you may view it on a SCORCHED EARTH.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
That very same consciousness is part of, and in, all of us. It was here before Christianity and will be here long after Christianity dies off.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Was not sure where to post it as creating threads is still new to me.

Hopefully a moderator will move your thread to the appropriate forum soon. Don't worry, there, you will find many more people willing to believe and agree with this kind of made up nonsense.

The Aliens and UFOs forum is not for this, my friend. Too many critically thinking people here

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I am glad that you do, but why waste your time with all this typing with delusional way of thinking to others that do not share that paranoia type of personally. Having invisible make believe friends is fine, just don't tell to whom ever will listen about them!

Tru

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by notreallyalive
That very same consciousness is part of, and in, all of us. It was here before Christianity and will be here long after Christianity dies off.

You are correct 100% for the name CHRISTIANITY is just a name REGUARDLESS OF YOUR RELIGIOUS BACKGROUND OR RACE the SPIRIT SEEKS those who really want to just make it back home to the LIGHT REALM OF ETERNAL EXISTANCE. Before JESUS came the last time AS CHRIST HE WAS CALLED ANOTHER NAME AND LABELED BY OTHER RELIGIONS. Christianity is the newest form of his many known/ UNKNOWN past RELIGIONS. If you are MUSLIM you are still SEEKED BY THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, GOD understands NATAS HAS BEEN BUSY ON EARTH CONFUSING YOU ALL TO HAVE YOU ALL KILL EACH OTHER with CRUSADES/WARS AND BE MISDIRECTED FORM THE LIGHT INTO THE DARKNESS friend.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by converge

Was not sure where to post it as creating threads is still new to me.

Hopefully a moderator will move your thread to the appropriate forum soon. Don't worry, there, you will find many more people willing to believe and agree with this kind of made up nonsense.

The Aliens and UFOs forum is not for this, my friend. Too many critically thinking people here

So YOU SAY, YET YOU DONT ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM SPEAKING OF BEINGS FROM ABOVE?????????SO this nonsense as you call it belongs here with the many who BELIEVE THEY ARE NOT ALONE friend.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by truskeptic
I am glad that you do, but why waste your time with all this typing with delusional way of thinking to others that do not share that paranoia type of personally. Having invisible make believe friends is fine, just don't tell to whom ever will listen about them!

Tru

Your points are ALL appreciated and valid to your own FREE WILLS which no 1 can INFLUENCE. I again make a VALID POINT you all seek to understand whats ABOVE yet you dont ACKNOWLEDGE that YOUR CREATOR IS ABOVE AND has sent many to interact with you on earth some called GODS/ANGELS some called ALIENS like (the WATCHERS MENTIONED BY ENOCH-THE 1/3 OF THE NEGATIVE ANGELS THAT LEFT FROM HEAVEN/ABOVE WITH LUCIFER

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
OP, you speak like you have personally met these entities. Feeling them and not seeing them doesn't count. And why always quoting the bible? When I see that, it raises flags.

I believe in a creator, just not the loon that is in the OT. My "God" doesn't judge and kill over the stupidest crap. And you pray to that guy. I will never understand...

"Christianity! Just believe and DON'T ASK QUESTIONS!"

Listen, if the book called the bible didn't exist, where would you get your info from? One book. Remember that.

Now, if you really wanna get technical, I DO BELIEVE that your God and his "Angels" were just ET's playing games with you guys. Makes alot more sense than him being this omnipotent being that watches all of us, watches children and people die mercilessly. But that's your god that supposedly does it all, right? And it's all God's will...

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

The blinders are on, and I feel for you. Why don't you open your mind and see it for how it possibly is? (I say possibly because I don't know for a fact either - any more than you do - but there is more proof of Aliens and life out there than there is of how your bible explains the whole deal).

And what kills me is how a Christian says that all ET's are demons. Maybe some of them are, but not all. God (The head honcho), his workers/followers (Angels), and his adversary (Satan) and HIS followers (Demons)... Are you getting it yet? Sounds like one group against the other, and everyone took the head honcho's side (Jehova).

How the hell can anyone NOT see this?!

There are obviously going to be good ET's, bad ones, and everything in-between. The bible was written in an archaic language using archaic terms! There were no words for the things we have and know today! Update your thinking!

And edit to add!: Why does your Jehova or God - whatever the hell is name is - always command prayer and why does he like it so much? Why is he so jealous of other "gods"? Do you not see the connections here?

We all know the bible was written by man. They explained things in THEIR words for the things they saw back then. When they saw these ET's, they obvious perceived them as "God's". It seems your God was/is trying to have everyone's worship for himself.

Jehova/God is such an egotistical, jealous entity! Oh, and one more thing: If you've ever read modern-day ET contact stories, 99.9% of these encounters occur with the main form of communication being telepathy: talking through the mind.

What do you think you're doing when you're praying?! You're giving this guy your energies. The same one who killed millions and millions of people back in the OT days. Killed them for not observing HIS holy sabbath, disembowled people for nonsense. He almost made Abraham kill his son, and what's the deal with Job? What a jerk. Poor Job.

If you're God is still alive (probably not, considering he was, according to my hypothesis a biological entity with a long life span), then have him strike me down. I guarantee I will be back on ATS tomorrow and the next day. Does that also explain why there was obvious divine intervention back then but not now? He's not watching us! He's dead, dude. All living things die, including ET's and including you and I. It's just how it is.

But I bet you are looking for a bible quote to throw at me. Well, please don't, because I won't fall for it anymore. And I will NEVER pray to that guy ever again. I'll give my love and "prayer" to the universe itself and everything in it.

There's more than one way to righteousness.

And now, a dancing banana for you!

And I'm really (seriously) sorry for getting angry over here, but jeez. It's just so obvious...

[edit on 10/16/2009 by impaired]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
i too pray every night to the holyspirit and to jesus and the father of all creation.
i too am feeling the holyspirit at this time in my life ask and you will recieve ,if your heart is true thks for putting the spirits job down so well.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashar
i too pray every night to the holyspirit and to jesus and the father of all creation.
i too am feeling the holyspirit at this time in my life ask and you will recieve ,if your heart is true thks for putting the spirits job down so well.

But if you don't believe in him and Jesus, you burn in hell for ETERNITY.

Freakin nuts...
What a joke.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Thank you OP for the explanation.

Yes, the spirit of God is here and very real. I call upon it daily. It sustains and comforts me.

I have been trying to figure out other religions for many years. I feel that there are many paths to God.

There is only one God but he goes by different names to different people.

Your explanation is much appreciated as I have not been able to put what I feel into words. And I did not want to devalue the The God I worship in any way.

I was a faithful member of a church for many years. I worked with the youth and was a Sunday School teacher. But my years with the church were rocky and many times after attending services I would leave in a very bad mood.

I go to church now for funerals and weddings, not to get filled with the Holy Spirit. There have been only a few times that I Felt the Spirit in the church building.

I did visit a small Church near my home and I can only describe the way I felt was as if the spirit of God were bouncing off the walls and covering the congregation. The feeling was very beautiful.

I find worship with a friend or two is much more spirit filled that most church services.

What I don't understand is how people can believe in spirit guides, ghost, and demons and not give any credence to the Holy Spirit.

I have been blessed to have seen the Holy Spirit touch people while working in the mission field. To see someone here the story of Christ and watch them being touched by the Holy Spirit is a gift.

To be in the jungles of a South American country and witness Gods healing power on fresh new believers is a feeling I can't explain.

May the Spirit fall fresh on you.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As the bible says, there is only 1 unforgivable sin, and that is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.... i advise you all to watch your tongues!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
OP, you speak like you have personally met these entities. Feeling them and not seeing them doesn't count. And why always quoting the bible? When I see that, it raises flags.

I believe in a creator, just not the loon that is in the OT. My "God" doesn't judge and kill over the stupidest crap. And you pray to that guy. I will never understand...

"Christianity! Just believe and DON'T ASK QUESTIONS!"

Listen, if the book called the bible didn't exist, where would you get your info from? One book. Remember that.

Now, if you really wanna get technical, I DO BELIEVE that your God and his "Angels" were just ET's playing games with you guys. Makes alot more sense than him being this omnipotent being that watches all of us, watches children and people die mercilessly. But that's your god that supposedly does it all, right? And it's all God's will...

:bnghd::bnghd::bnghd:

The blinders are on, and I feel for you. Why don't you open your mind and see it for how it possibly is? (I say possibly because I don't know for a fact either - any more than you do - but there is more proof of Aliens and life out there than there is of how your bible explains the whole deal).

And what kills me is how a Christian says that all ET's are demons. Maybe some of them are, but not all. God (The head honcho), his workers/followers (Angels), and his adversary (Satan) and HIS followers (Demons)... Are you getting it yet? Sounds like one group against the other, and everyone took the head honcho's side (Jehova).

How the hell can anyone NOT see this?!

There are obviously going to be good ET's, bad ones, and everything in-between. The bible was written in an archaic language using archaic terms! There were no words for the things we have and know today! Update your thinking!

And edit to add!: Why does your Jehova or God - whatever the hell is name is - always command prayer and why does he like it so much? Why is he so jealous of other "gods"? Do you not see the connections here?

We all know the bible was written by man. They explained things in THEIR words for the things they saw back then. When they saw these ET's, they obvious perceived them as "God's". It seems your God was/is trying to have everyone's worship for himself.

Jehova/God is such an egotistical, jealous entity! Oh, and one more thing: If you've ever read modern-day ET contact stories, 99.9% of these encounters occur with the main form of communication being telepathy: talking through the mind.

What do you think you're doing when you're praying?! You're giving this guy your energies. The same one who killed millions and millions of people back in the OT days. Killed them for not observing HIS holy sabbath, disembowled people for nonsense. He almost made Abraham kill his son, and what's the deal with Job? What a jerk. Poor Job.

If you're God is still alive (probably not, considering he was, according to my hypothesis a biological entity with a long life span), then have him strike me down. I guarantee I will be back on ATS tomorrow and the next day. Does that also explain why there was obvious divine intervention back then but not now? He's not watching us! He's dead, dude. All living things die, including ET's and including you and I. It's just how it is.

But I bet you are looking for a bible quote to throw at me. Well, please don't, because I won't fall for it anymore. And I will NEVER pray to that guy ever again. I'll give my love and "prayer" to the universe itself and everything in it.

There's more than one way to righteousness.

And now, a dancing banana for you!

And I'm really (seriously) sorry for getting angry over here, but jeez. It's just so obvious...

[edit on 10/16/2009 by impaired]

Sorry for the late responses I was locked out of my thread SMH, any way yes you all make interesting points so here are my PERSONAL POINTS:

1. Many complain that OUR GOD THE CREATOR IS JEALOUS-Only because he is tired of many of you SHEEPLES WALKING THE WRONG WAY
2.soME SAY HOW CAN our GOD BE SO DESTRUCTIVE AND MEAN where he allows DEATH OF CHILDREN SICKNESS WAR AND ALL OTHER THING THAT ARE NEGATIVE THAT OCCURE HERE ON EARTH-The DEMON natas was Casted and given RULERSHIP OVER YOUR EARTH FOR A SMALL PERIOD OF TIM you live in these times. God is not causing this saddness unfortunatley it is YOU who is causing this sadness for if everyone LISTENED TO THERE SOULS WE WOULDNT HAVE LAME WARS WHICH ARE tools used by NATAS TO GET RID OF YOU HUMANS
3.Someone posteed how now I am gonna throw bibles (NEVER) to convince you of OUR LORD I CARE NOT FOR YOUR SOUL IF YOU DONT ACKNOWLEDGE CHRIST YOUR FAULT IF YOU DONT LISTEN TO HIS MANY MESSAGES NOT HERE TO INFLUENCE YOUR WILL AT ALL
4.You feel some type of way because I speak in a tongue that CONSSISTANTLY REFERENCES JESUS CHRIST as if I take favorites with CHRISTIANITY -I RESPECT ALL RELIGIONS DIRECTING THOSE CHOSEN TOWARDS THE LIGHT, ALL. I speak in CHRIST TOUNGUE FOR HE WAS THE LAST 1 TO TRY TO SAVE YOU ALL AND WHAT YOU ALL DO -SICK ROMANS KILLED HIM OR ATLEAST THEY THOUGHT- and their souls are still hurting today
5.WHY DO I SPEAK AS IF I HAVE ENCOUNTERED THESE MENTIONED FORCES LOL FOR I HAVE friends and just like this>:bash:you will get the message

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The knowledge that the Holy Spirit of God has taken up residence in our lives, that He performs all these miraculous functions, that He dwells with us forever, and that He will never leave or forsake us is cause for great joy and comfort. Thank God for this precious gift—the Holy Spirit and His work in our lives!

Exactly who is "US"? everybody? Christians? Last time I read the bible, It stated that "When He, The Spirit of Truth, whom this world CAN NOT receive, He WILL CONVICT of SIN and of RIGHTEOUSNESS!" Hence the importance of you Believe in Jesus..... Because yes the Spirit does seek you! but you also must seek it!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by dashar

God bless you friend and thanks for having an OPEN MIND SO MANY ONLY BELIEVE WHAT THEY SEE, hence them following NATAS JUST CAUSE HE PRODUCES IMMEDIATE VISUALS/DARK MAGIC TRICKERY-DISCLOSURE.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you friend for also possesing an open heart and mind it enlightens me to see some of you are still on the PATH OF LIGHT, WHY MANY OR ONLY CONTROLLED BY THE ILLUSIONS OF DARKNESS (space bugs). Thanks for the prayer and MAY CHRIST GUIDE YOU AND ALL OF YOUR LOVED 1z BACK HOME.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
NaTaS is afraid of The Spirit of Truth, because it works Directly against him. You all are walking in darkness in search of the light. Demons disapear like phantoms in a mirror, and then reappear in the form of your worst fears... you think its all phony and far fetched, till you devoid of all hope and consider yourself worthless, thats exactly what NaTaS wants!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join