It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon mulls ending Bush-era first-strike doctrine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Pentagon mulls ending Bush-era first-strike doctrine

rawstory.com

A news report Thursday states the Department of Defense is reviewing the policy of preemptive war, the notion that the United States can and should attack countries it believes will pose a threat in the future.

A strategy expert inside the Pentagon told Bloomberg News that the policy is under review, and if the Pentagon finds it no longer applies to current circumstances, it will be revoked in its next Quadrennial Defense Review.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I don't suppose they could review Israel's doctrine while they're at it?

Speaking of which, what in the heck IS Israel's doctrine? Oh yeah, air strikes on anyone that even mentions the word nukes...

Seriously though, I think this is a good thing. Except for one slight little problem: Russia.

Russia right now is revising their doctrine to include a first strike nuclear option, even against non-nuclear countries if needed.

So I have to question the timing of this.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on Fri Oct 16th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

I don't suppose they could review Israel's doctrine while they're at it?

Speaking of which, what in the heck IS Israel's doctrine? Oh yeah, air strikes on anyone that even mentions the word nukes...

I was thinking along those lines, too. They really don't need to attack pre-emptively since Israel will do it for them, bringing America into the battle anyways.

new topics

join