It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Museum asks YOU to name the greatest development of all time

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

I suppose that's technically true, yes. I think the term 'permanent settlement' would have been more appropriate on my part. None of those prior, if memory serves.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
probably out of context but if you ask me its gotta be verbal communication and then written language.
But in a perfect world, everyone would know the greatest scientific development to be Ayahuasca.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Pretty good. I was thinking along those lines, and then:

Alternating Current!

Yeah, perhaps it is recent, but without it we would still be in the 19th century. Now THAT'S impact!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

None of those.

I would have to say, post-its.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
organized religion.

edit to say, I think it kept people in check enough for our current civilization to develop. as to its current usefulness, well I think it still keeps ignorant people in line.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Totalstranger]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
To enforce my opinion I recommend watching Ancient Inventions with Terry Jones E03. Not all of those inventions come from gunpowder but in war in general. If we weren't so violent we'd be still living in caves trying to figure out if our planet is square or not

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I'll have to abstain from voting. Neither sliced bread, nor indoor plumbing is on the list. The voting list has been rigged by TPTB, and I'm sure that Obama is somehow involved!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join