It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fine line...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

A famous saying goes "There's a fine line between love and hate" and another one says the same about Genius and Insanity.

I was thinking the other day and a random thought entered by head "Is it possible to love someone so much that you would want to hurt them?"

Strange question I know and at first glance it seems like a very stupid question with a very obvious answer but is this really the case?

Einstein used to get lost coming home from school but yet managed to write the special theory of relativity?

You also hear about suicides or extremely random and out of characteristic behaviour coming from people who are incredibly educated.

What does everyone think about this "fine line"? Do you believe it exists and if so what are the reasons for it?

Personally I think it does exist and the saying "your too clever for your own good" also springs to mind.

Thoughts?

[edit on 16/10/09 by Death_Kron]

[edit on 16/10/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
What you are talking about is human emotion. Only in this dimension, to my knowledge, are emotions allowed to flourish. Love, and Hate, respectively, and the same emotion, only different polarities of the same thing, like two side of a coin. It is the same coin, but has two sides, you see?

The same goes for Genius and Insanity also, but these are not emotions. You can go to any mental hospital and speak with highly intelligent people, more so than out in the world.
This all has to do wit balance. Each and every thing must have an opposite things to define it, like Light and Dark, one could not exist without the other, could it?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

"Is it possible to love someone so much that you would want to hurt them?"

Short answer is yes. It is not a healthy way of relating to people, but it obviously happens. When smart, normal people exhibit

extremely random and out of characteristic behaviour

they're thinking with the logic of the above question. People's emotions get out of hand, they get sick, and "senseless" crimes occur. They appear crazy or random, but they are most of the time quite predictable. I bet we all know someone, in the work place or in the family, that could be one of those crazies you see on the news. They just haven't been pushed far enough yet, or they have friends and family like us to keep them healthy and connected to reality.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Ha! I worked with a woman I hated 90% of the time, but liked 10%. Balanced out I guess?!?!?

new topics

top topics

join