It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baby in pram hit by train escapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Baby in pram hit by train escapes

au.news.yahoo.com

A six-month-old baby had a miraculous escape when his pram was struck by a suburban train in Melbourne's east on Thursday.

The baby's pram rolled off a platform at Ashburton railway station about 4pm (AEDT) and into the path of an oncoming train that pushed it some 30 metres along the track.

Emergency services personnel who rushed to the station found the six-month-old being cared for by his distraught mother, said Ambulance Victoria paramedic Jon Wright.

"Fortunately the train was slowing as it pulled into the station," Mr Wright said in a statement.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Wow! This was a one in a million lucky escape! I feel so sorry for the mother when I think of what she must have gone through when she saw the train hit her baby.

I think she will keep a closer eye on her child from now on, especially when close to train tracks.

I wonder if she will buy a lotto ticket after this?

au.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Eye On War]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
here is the video footage:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

I saw the video clip of this. It wasnt really her fault....the wind actually caught the pram and blew it onto the tracks.

It was amazing though, the pram was completely totalled, and stuff was eveywhere.....the kid was incredibley lucky

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Obviously the baby had a saint watching over it. To put it simply, it just wasn't time for it leave.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Kicking in ATS Auto Translate Keyword = Pram (boop boop boop) Word found = Stroller

WOW! That was amaizing! I am so happy that child survived with so few injuries. If I was that parent on the platform I think I would have died right then and there.

That is an absolute miracle.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

I was just about to start a thread on this.... very luck child indeed... it looks like a split second saved the childs life... the pram hit the track first and then went under the train... i reckon if the train had hit the pram first and then dragged it underneath the child wouldn't have survived.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Kicking in ATS Auto Translate Keyword = Pram (boop boop boop) Word found = Stroller

That is an absolute miracle.

It's no miracle its called divine intervention, how ever one chooses to rationally explain this.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
After watching this video, all i an say is, WOW!! That was one lucky kiddo not to get hit right there. Even though the kid's mother was keeping an eye out. She didn't keep it on that stroller long enough to keep it from rolling.

new topics

top topics

join