It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phobos II last image

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sorry, internos, you got a couple of things wrong:

The photo was first made public on the November 22, 1991 Larry King Live, when UFO research director Don Ecker appeared in the show with author Keith Thompson.

Zecharia Sitchin wrote "GENESIS REVISITED - Is Modern Science Catching Up with Ancient Knowledge" in 1990 with pictures transmitted from Phobos. It includes Russia's take on what happened. In another place you say:
Conclusion:
the cigar shaped object allegedly spotted by Phobos II was a DELIBERATE HOAX based on image 2550033 from Phobos 2 VSK Image Data Set

So you think Russia hoaxed this, tried to bury it & :
This photograph was revealed in December 1991 by Marina Popovich, a famous Soviet test pilot sometimes called the "Russian Chuck Yeager" due to the 17 aviation world records she holds. She claimed that the photograph was given to her by cosmonaut Alexei Leonov, who was the first man to walk in space and also a high official in the Soviet space program, and that she had "smuggled it out" of the former USSR.

Why go thru the "smuggling" if you're hoaxing the world?
I suggest you read "GENESIS REVISITED" Zecharia Sitchin

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by travisirius

Zecharia Sitchin wrote "GENESIS REVISITED - Is Modern Science Catching Up with Ancient Knowledge" in 1990 with pictures transmitted from Phobos. It includes Russia's take on what happened. In another place you say:
Conclusion:
the cigar shaped object allegedly spotted by Phobos II was a DELIBERATE HOAX based on image 2550033 from Phobos 2 VSK Image Data Set

So you think Russia hoaxed this, tried to bury it & :I suggest you read "GENESIS REVISITED" Zecharia Sitchin

No thanks, i humbly suggest to everyone to KEEP AWAY from Zecharia Sitchin's stuff: while i do consider him to be some expert on sumerians, i have also to add that his knowledge in astronomy is extremely close to ZERO. I have never blamed "russians" to have hoaxed this, i am rerporting what, when and where it happened and the names of those who perpetrated the hoax, OK?
And what is the "russian take" may i ask (NOTE: i work daily with russian astronomers, so you might want to think twice before replying).

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeta Reticuli
HA! good catch. i was about to start fowarding these claims via email and keep it circulation LOL 15 mile spaceship would be INSANE! no doubt they would have to be our "Gods" if it were true.

If this is too far off topic, please disregard, but in this article it mentions supposed "Earth" sized objects in the rings of Saturn. Now I am not sure my head is ready to comprehend this, but who is to say that some other race isn't hugely gigantic and others might be microscopic? We know so little about everything, an open mind is a must when looking at this stuff. Just my opinion.

Nice work again Internos.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

That story is mostly based on Norman Bergrun's "The ringmkers of saturn"
covered here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Dr. Norman Bergrun is an alumnus of Ames Research Laboratory, NACA (National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics). At Ames, he pioneered establishment of design criteria for airplane thermal ice prevention. Later, he developed roll-stability laws for airplanes, missiles and rockets. These engagements provided a base of knowledge necessary to arrive at some understanding of extraterrestrial technology. At Lockheed Missile and Space Company he was a manager of the planning and analysis of flight tests for the Navy Polaris Underwater Launch Missile System. In 1971 he founded Bergrun Research and Engineering, and Bergrun Research in 1999 for world-wide web activities. He continues his 5 decades of image-analysis. Thousands of images have been examined of Mars, the Solar System Planets and Satellites, the Moon, Sun, Hubble Telescope & Shuttle images.

Knowledge has built up sufficiently to enable some concepts about the future to be articulated with a degree of certainty. These concepts relate to things that can be expected to happen in the near future and their significance to mankind. Changes in Earth’s environment since 1971 will be cited indicating that more of a threat exists than is cared to be believed. Present findings, like a puzzle, must fit into a larger picture, which physicists expect to be working on for the next 50 years. Utilizing the civilization-type concept and Ringmakers of Saturn findings, it will be shown that an immense job lies ahead if mankind is to control its own resources and environment, let alone venture into space.

Dr. Bergrun’s slide presentation begins by describing an exhibition by an ultra hi-tech extraterrestrial object sighted from Pajaro Dunes, CA. He recounts coincident events and describes specific physical properties of the object sighted. A decade later, this object was discovered to be similar to objects recorded during the NASA Voyager 1 mission. He then skips to 1980-81 when, NASA Voyagers 1 and 2 experienced their closest approach to Saturn. Cylindrical objects have been discovered at Saturn and farther out at a satellite of Uranus. Geometry and other characteristics of these objects are similar to the one at Pajaro Dunes. Technology photographed on the Voyager 1 mission pointed to space-travel capability which triggered scrutiny of NASA Apollo images obtained by astronauts on Earth’s moon. The Apollo images add further knowledge concerning extraterrestrial bilities. The tiny region in the universe commonly thought to be the domain of mankind will be shown to have been intruded. How the pieces of the “big picture” are beginning to come together also will be indicated.

i've read his book: it's some spectacular work, corroborated by scientific data and even somewhat scary: please read it if you can:

img169.imageshack.us...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Just a reply to an earlier post. The moons of Mars are not your typical moons as neither was formed from an accretion disk of material and therefore, formed around a single centre of gravity.

Whereas, Phobos and Demos are parts, possibly, of the debris left over from the formation of solar system, probably objects captured from the Asteroid belt. it could also be that both moons were the result of a huge impact with Mars and are, pieces of Mars that were blown into space and captured by the gravity of the planet again as they remained in the same orbit around the Sun. Some believe they might be the remains of a larger satellite that was destroyed, but then that doesn't explain how both are quite, compositionally, different to each other in their make up

Truth is their origin is still unknown and their orbits a bit of an anomaly. Phobos is in a decaying orbit and will eventually crash back into Mars.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
what a lonely and unremarkable little rock.

Was this a big thing? wonder why out of all my research of UFO stuff, I never heard about a potential UFO pic near that moon...hmm.

very nicely put together report...yes, the more you can sort out and dismiss properly stuff, the more genuine the rest of the stuff becomes that cant be easily explained away.

Skeptics are critical in anything wishing to be seen as anything more than silly religion.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Your research makes perfect sense.

Looks like a glitch.

Could be an approaching object, I suppose.

Shame its a hoax.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I believe this may be the final resting place of the satellite ;-)
sorry bout the large image - horizontal scroll bar to 1/3rd from left.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What about the second feature in the extreme right upper corner of this image - it looks like another face.

Originally posted by Imagir
Take a look at this "Martian Portrait" that i find very intriguing.
What is your opinion?

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Retseh]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos the only thing you have proved is that this set of images have nothing to to with a UFO spotted around Phobos by the Russian mission.
Is the story clear? Is this THE set of images that made Russians think they encountered a UFO around the Phobos moon?
What if that lady was carrying another set that is not picturing the actual sequences and she just tried to exploit the rumor to make some money off the photos with that artifact without this set being the real one that is depicting a craft around this moon?
These photos do not depict a UFO but can we be 100% sure another set does not exist that depicts one?
This case "The Russian Phobos encounter" is still IMO far from being definitely labeled a hoax 100%.

We don't know much about the USSR space program UFO encounters. Unfortunately they still keep their lips tight for anything it is rumored they have encountered. I think there might be a reason for this, else they would be open about it all admitting they never encountered anything anywhere, especially after the collapse of the USSR.
It doesn't really makes sense that they still share NO data with the public.
Even after the collapse and the weak economy years, we didn't see a single case (apart from this one) surfacing and someone claiming they have clues about space program encounters, not even any con artist out to make money of the unsuspected. It feels like in that country it would be a very serious matter for someone to make jokes or cons about this, yes? We've seen a lot of con artists claiming all sorts of things coming out of the former USSR, bu never such a thing. Why was that? Heads would roll otherwise?

Still after the democratization of the former USSR they still keep their lips awfully shut even after all those rumors abound for years and years.

Is this normal?

[edit on 16-10-2009 by spacebot]

[edit on 16-10-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm a little unsure as to who the hoaxers actually are/were. Any names mentioned are not directly described as a hoaxer.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
This case "The Russian Phobos encounter" is still IMO far from being definitely labeled a hoax 100%.
I think this case can be labelled as explained, hoax or not depends on what really happened, how the photo was presented and by who.

Any other hypothetical set of photos can be analysed, when and if it appears.

Still after the democratization of the former USSR they still keep their lips awfully shut even after all those rumors abound for years and years.

Is this normal?
Maybe there is nothing to say.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Great Work Brother

That wasnt it but Im sure the truth is out there some where. The Gov knows, We know all we need is for them to show up some time and trust me they will. The only discloser we will get is from the visitors themselves not our govs that keep exploiting the poor and the weak minded. Come on cant any one see this lol

Just My 2 Cents. We need more like you that go to the bottom of the stories and dont just speculate and end up with a truth fairytale type story that just doesnt make sense.

Great job and Thx again.

But I got one little question. That shadow on the ground of that last frame does it really belong to the Phobos mission? It is still very very intringuing to me. What could of caused such a shadow when obviously the sat is under and the shadow is casted from above. Any one as any ideas on that one?

[edit on 16-10-2009 by NIGHTRID3R]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by president
I admit I'm not as educated as most people. But, is that wobboly looking object a moon? Why is it so ugly? Why dosen't it round out like our moon?

Yup, that's the moon, Phobos. It's not round like ours because it's MUCH smaller, and didn't have enough internal gravity during formation to force it into a more perfectly round sphere.

The smaller size also explains the (relatively) larger craters than our moon has. The craters aren't actually "larger", but only appear so because of Phobos' smaller size.

And that's why it's lumpy and ugly.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Have circled a few things.

The far right, its like a man standing upright.

circled a few others things we can discuss.

S

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

ok...that just ruined my day

didn't they lose communications with the craft that took these?

maybe it was being sabotaged by a directed energy weapon, hence, the image artifact glitch before it died.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Dude! That looks like a statue of a man!
There quiet prolific artist these mars people.

In hind site it maybe a woman It has a visible boobage!

[edit on 16-10-2009 by MOTT the HOOPLE]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, Internos does it again! Great research and laying it out. However...

I saw the image long after the fall of the Iron Curtain. Not long after it collapsed in the USSR, I saw a show on TV. It was a long time ago and the details are gone from my memory as well. Anyway, a Soviet scientist had a IR video of the 'anomaly' and this is how he played it out back then.

First, he said, "I will not be involved in a joint manned mission to mars because of what I am about to show you." OK, I'm hooked now. Then he turns on the video explaining this is the last few seconds of Phobos II. The probe came around and there is this red glowing object. He says it is putting out a lot of heat energy which I would expect from a, and I quote,"60Km long and 2Km wide space station." Then this little red flash came out of it straight toward the probe and the Phobos II probe was dead a second or two later.

So, I have been totally convinced all these years. Now, Internos, you seem to know much more about what really happened. Was there any video capture devices onboard capable of filming in IR (prob a vid cam) and able to shoot the signal back to Earth on that Probe?

I also recall that we sent a $billon probe to Phobos and when it got close, NASA claimed the fuel line ruptured and the mission was lost. That even made me all the more convinced someting untorward was happening around Phobos. I just wanted to explain my experience hearing about these probes. If the purpose was disinformation, they snowed me pretty well.

Again, great job clearing up the photo Internos. Now I can delete it off my server!

[edit on 16/10/09 by spirit_horse]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
Good Job Internos! S&F.

Take a look at this "Martian Portrait" that i find very intriguing.
What is your opinion?

The only explanation is the result of pareidolia on your part. If I could figure out how to post photos on here I'd show superb examples of pareidolia on my apartment building's marble lobby.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Good work Internos! I remember you busting this open as an image anomaly/equipment fault etc ages ago but it appeared very few people took notice. It certainly deserved a thread of it's own. I glad you decided to do that. Excellent work as always my friend!

S&F

IRM

[edit on 16/10/09 by InfaRedMan]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join