It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No North of North? Musings on the confusionings!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences.

Topic: No North of north? Musings on the confusionings!

Explanation: 1stly I'll answer my own question and provide my evidence that I have researched and assessed as validly supporting my LOGOS. [IMO! but that's why I've put it up here for scruitiny, debate and peer review!].

So I asked myself is there really no north of north as was proposed by Stephen Hawkings? My ETHOS immune POV on this issue is that there is at least 1 other north [if not several!
but I'll get to them in later posts], north of north, and I posit that the confusion created by Hawkings was because he failed to mention an appropriate co-ordinate system and was also looking at north in isolation and relation to the earth from the POV of magnetism! North of north IMO would be the Zenith [wiki]! [directly up] and I note that the word "North" in a mesoamerican etymological sense also means "up"! But I'll just caveat that because IMO they would only be correct if they were actually standing at the north pole!

North [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: As a protagonist for a subset of the demographic that is the Intelligent Design crowd, I have a PATHOS driven bent to debunk the victim mentality that forces reputed scientific geniuses to lie to us and trick us with sleight of hand semantics, so that they can quickly retire to have a nap and not have to actually answer plainly the "too hard basket" questions that they do actually have a simple answer for but they know it will take several of your procreational generations to teach anyone why its so simple and to kybosh the overwhelming disbelief in that "we couldn't have been that stupid and or blind!".

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Personal Disclosure: As a protagonist for a subset of the demographic that is the Intelligent Design crowd, I have a PATHOS driven bent to debunk the victim mentality that forces reputed scientific geniuses to lie to us and trick us with sleight of hand semantics, so that they can quickly retire to have a nap and not have to actually answer plainly the "too hard basket" questions that they do actually have a simple answer for but they know it will take several of your procreational generations to teach anyone why its so simple and to kybosh the overwhelming disbelief in that "we couldn't have been that stupid and or blind!".

that is the most amazing conjuncture of words known to man...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Can you explain what Hawking means by "no north of north," or perhaps what you mean by that phrase? I'm still unclear what the issue is exactly.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Disclaimer: As above!

Explanation: 1st to both of you. You've each earned a star!

Personal Disclosure: As regards to Hawkings and "there's no north of north", I am quite sure that it was his retort when he was asked in his capacity as a cosmologist "what was before the big bang" and his definition was a metaphor for time and he was implying that its impossible to look back before time..even with our imaginative minds! But I say he fibbed to us and just didn't want to say the quality of "unbounded absence" was what was before time and he fibbed because he knew he would spend eternity trying to convince us that "unbounded absence abhores itself and hey presto as if by magic it wraps itself in phenomena that is the big bang which applies boundries and event horizons all over the place which in turn destroys the unbounded absence state and completes the requirements set by the abhorence factor!

Note: This information is NOT what this thread is about at all and I only provide it to give context to why Hawkings said what he said and in this thread I'm focusing on the validity of JUST what he said in ISOLATION RE:"there is no north of north" and I request that members please stay on topic with their posts! Thanks!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

But what if there wasn't a, pardon me, time before time? Which is what I suspect when I look critically at the so called evidence for the "Big Bang" and their constant attempts to keep it propped up and viable despite repeatedly observation shooting down the predictions. Otherwords, I think the Big Bang is nothing more than a modern creation myth minus the deities.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Disclaimer: As elsewhere!

Explanation: Off Topic Reply....No time before time isn't a problem for me and/or my argument as I only claim an "unbounded absence" for that particular phase space and that is neither temporal or spacial in nature! i.e it is dimensionless!

Personal Disclosure: I will be making a seperate thread on the pre big bang phase space state and what was inherent in its nature that led to and resulted in the big bang's causality. Please feel free to pre-empt its creation or partake in it once its up on the boards.
It will deal directly with "creation" driven by Intelligent Design! i.e THE "Deity" and the theory will be scrutinized using the scale,rulers, laws and philosophy of QM!

P.S. Do you have any musings that are On Topic? Can your provide any evidence that my OP's evidence is inaccurate, misleading or just plain wrong? Or do you agree with what I have posited RE:"North is not unique to the confines of the planet earth!" and that the evidence I provided meets the burden of proof required to falsify the opposite of what has been claimed? i.e "North is unique to the planet!".

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
This is what I have been thinking latley, so would that mean "No South of South?"

Hmmmm

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
come on somebody think.

lol

Was this why GPS was invented to over come compass technology and go with something more accurate?

top topics

join