It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the concept behind REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Let us first explore what Reverse Psychology really is.

en.wikipedia.org...

Reverse psychology is a persuasion technique involving the false advocacy of a belief or behavior contrary to the belief or behavior which is actually being advocated. This technique relies on the psychological phenomenon of reactance, in which a person has a negative emotional response in reaction to being persuaded, and thus chooses the option which is being advocated against.

It is often used on children due to their lack of psychological understanding and higher rate of reactance.

A well-known example of reverse psychology is the Looney Tunes cartoon Rabbit Fire, where Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are trying to convince Elmer Fudd it's the hunting season for the other species and not their own. After a back-and-forth with Bugs proclaiming "Duck season!" and Daffy "Wabbit [rabbit] season!", Bugs switches to say "Rabbit season!", to which Daffy begins saying "Duck season!"- even going to far as to exclaim "I say it's duck season, and I say, FIRE!"

A quick search on youtube shows a few sheep trying to briefly use this wonderful tactic known as Reverse Psychology.

For those in the USA:

For those in the UK:

As you can see by these quick 1 minute videos... the technique is not always successful when used by fools.

But when used by true intelligence, of the highest order, what is the result?

We all know the MSM should not be trusted, to what extent though?

Many people here have showed a disliking to Alex Jones, Glenn Beck, Jordan Maxwell and many others... why? They are finally spreading the same ideas to the masses that we here on ATS have been saying for the past few years.

It's because in your heart, you know that you are being played for a fool when it comes to this reverse psychology technique, but you can't quite identify how it's being used.

Let me show you an example.

We all know politicians for the most part can't be trusted, So let's take a good look at my own Governor Rick Perry (Texas, Republican).

I don't know much about the man... but I know enough to assume that he is guilty by association:

What's this? Rick Perry is tired of Washington just like the rest of us common folks? YEE-HAW!!! Let's get America divided up like it was in 1861 and let the South Rise again!!!

So after watching this video... can we start to see the Reverse Psychology start to come into play with what we see in the MSM?

You didn't actually think this Ron Paul's campaign to End the Fed was actually something that grew into fruition because it was a stance by "WE THE PEOPLE".... TPTB have there hands all over this one, and they want you to act upon it.

I have noticed countless examples of Reverse Psychology being used in the MSM, and I see countless examples of people here on ATS falling for it.

So let me ask you this...

Can you recall any examples of Reverse Psychology being used on the public?

Because my latest thread explaining how this worked with 9/11 got 30+ Flags... So I do believe that many of you are catching on to how this system works.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
this is all good information that folks should be aware of. If you are new to this scene, just beginning to wake up, or newly aware of the forces trying to manipulate you, please don't take the OP's use of the word sheep personally. In this case i do not feel that the OP is using it in a way to insult you, only define your way of life up to this point. Do not let our use of the word hinder your quest for the truth, we mean no harm by it, we are just really fed up with the masses and how easily you can be influenced.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
You know, I believe you're onto something here. Not only with the MSM but with office holders. Every time a candidate endorses or says they are against something, we should believe the opposite. Because how many times can we count when someone said one thing to be elected only to reverse their stance once in office? It has happened with every Presidential election I can remember, Democrat and Republican alike.

Great thread Doomsday. I knew I added you as a friend for some reason! lol

I_R

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma Publius

reply to post by idle_rocker

There are in fact cases of DOUBLE Reverse Psychology which are rare....

I can give you a few examples of how this works, but usually it only happens in the game of cards.

And then there is very rare case of TRIPLE Reverse Psychology.... which I've also seen a few times used in poker.

There is no such thing as Quadruple Reverse Psychology... it just doesn't exist.

But looking back at the video I posted earlier...

Who did the DOUBLE reverse psychology here to get what they wanted?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
If you chase Maya (an illusion) it will run away if you turn your back on it, it will come and try to entice you to chase it again. The stronger the attachments are the more one wants to control the object of infatuation when the object indicates it isn't under control then the desire to gain control intensifies. Cat and mouse. It's a good topic, the queer nature of the mind and illusion.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by idle_rocker
You know, I believe you're onto something here. Not only with the MSM but with office holders. Every time a candidate endorses or says they are against something, we should believe the opposite. Because how many times can we count when someone said one thing to be elected only to reverse their stance once in office? It has happened with every Presidential election I can remember, Democrat and Republican alike.

Great thread Doomsday. I knew I added you as a friend for some reason! lol

I_R

Thanks... I wish others here on ATS could see that people in the MSM are starting to share similar views that us posters have.

Why is that? We all thought the MSM was controlled? Why are they doing things that we agree with?

Maybe it's because we've all been played... And they are a step ahead of us.

new topics

top topics

join