It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy to Obama: Why do people hate you?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here is an interesting story, but not what you think it may be.

Full Story Here

US President Barack Obama got a blunt question from an unexpected quarter on Thursday - a daring nine-year-old boy who asked; "Why do people hate you?"

But the plot thickens! The child goes on to say:

"I have to say, why do people hate you? They supposed to love you. God is love," Tyren, from Paulina, Louisiana asked.

So is this child equating Obama to God? Does the kid think that Obama IS God?

This is really strange behaviour for a 9 year old I think.

So I am wondering
Was the kid put up to it?
Was the kid brainwashed?
Was the kid high on drugs?

You be the judge - I have no idea!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Perhaps he is remarking on the fact that many of those who "hate" Obama are the very same people we would call fundamentalist Christians. The article isn't really loading for me and I have no idea as to the true context.

However I don't really think he is equating Obama with God. However it is possible, a lot of kids are really dumb.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The kid (obviously from a religious family) is just confused by all the hate and anger going around.

Judging by your quick reaction to assume the child was somehow equating Obama with god I think you might be afflicted with said anger.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bommer09
Perhaps he is remarking on the fact that many of those who "hate" Obama are the very same people we would call fundamentalist Christians. The article isn't really loading for me and I have no idea as to the true context.

However I don't really think he is equating Obama with God. However it is possible, a lot of kids are really dumb.

oh me. I don't know what to say. A lot of kids are really dumb? My boy is 7 years old, not far from this childs age, and I have to say, almost all of what a kid knows at that age is a reflection of his/hers parents. To me, a "dumb" person is one who knows better, or has the resources to know better, but just chooses not to. How can a child be "dumb" at that age? They haven't even had the time to be dumb yet, as I see it as a condition that you nurture, not something you are born into.
Also, I know that the literal definition of dumb is much different that the way we are using it here, so there's no need to correct me on that, I'm aware of the actual correct use for "dumb". I'm responding to the way it is used in this context.
It may seem silly to some of you me using this little disclaimer, but I have learned that with all the snobby people you can run into here, you must not givehtem any way to derail the main idea by insulting your inteligence. I recently made a great (IMO) thread that got wonderful feedback, and many compliments, but there are always a few. One wonderful ATS'er made a two line post (1 line longer thatn the norm for this behaviour actually) putting my entire thread to waste because of my grammar! I am not any good at grammar, and this is the second or third time someone actually hinted that the content of my thought was not as valid as their because of my sentence structure and spelling!
so, that's why the disclaimer, I wanted to make sure PenandSword couldn't come back with:

"that doesn't even have anything to do with the word dumb, so that is ignorant of you, which i believe is the word you were looking for."

or something similar.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
To me this shouldn't even be news. I find it very strange a 9 year old kid would ask the president that very questions anyway. I think this is another well placed plant by the Obama loving left.

I give as much credibility to this kids questions as I do to Obama's love for America. That's a big fat goose egg!

That's not to say I think the kid is the problem. I think the "adults" that put him up to this are the problem... Nothing new to see here....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
A nine year old doesn't get the worldwide and national implications of what Obama and his administration are doing. Most adults really don't get it.The child has been told that people hate Obama. That is enough for a nine year old to think about.

Of course he wants to know why people hate Obama.

The answer depends on who you ask.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by northof8

Wow.

You really believe that kid was a 'democrat' party plant?

I don't think so buddy there is nothing to gain from that.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Being dumb i believe is not being able to/too lazy to think for yourself and use something that humans have been using for their entire existance and is the pure reason of any advancement.......Imagination.

At an age as young as that, they have loads of imagination, but are useualy fourced to keep it down and focus more on repeating things that are told to them, which is realy realy sad.

As the above post pointed out, at that age the most influencial people are your parents, and many other times teachers. Your parents want you to do well at school, so you try and please the teachers by copy/paste from book to paper.
You useualy start to realy gain your intelligence through your teen years. The sad thing about that though, is that teenagers are the most looked down upon group of society, they crave freedon of imagination, but yet are forced to keep it locked up. (Which could explaine the famous rabelitious stage (excuse spelling)

Also as the above post scrapes on, Grammer nazies are just anoying. If you can get your point across, thats all thats needed, in any way or form. Art, litriture, music, it doesnt have to be text-book, but if the point gets across, then the job is done.

"EDIT"
Just a thought on why he may be linking god with obama. US Presidents tend to use the phrase "May god praise this nation", he could be raising the question of his authority to clame gods connection with the president maybe?? Maybe he thinks he is gods messenger in a way. Obama is the leader of the biggest thing he knows at that age, like the pope is to christians. Just a thought, i know it may sound random, but kids can make some supprisingly complex connections with their surroundings

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Trolloks]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by muggl3z

Wow.

You really believe that kid was a 'democrat' party plant?

I don't think so buddy there is nothing to gain from that.

Nothing to be gained? You must be a plant. It is all over the liberal left bogosphere...
Nothing to be gained?

How about the sympathy race care being played one too many times. It is old and its over and we all know why "everyone hates you" Mr. President. No need to plant a 9 year old to ask that question.

Obama is going to have to learn to walk instead of crawling on the backs of 9 year olds to get his job done..

Obama may want to get a new deck of cards as well. The one he is playing with has way too many race/sympathy cards in it...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

So let me get this 'liberal' conspiracy right.
Me? Plant.
9 year old? Plant.
All for the sake of some blog reported non-story?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
Being dumb i believe is not being able to/too lazy to think for yourself and use something that humans have been using for their entire existance and is the pure reason of any advancement.......Imagination.

At an age as young as that, they have loads of imagination, but are useualy fourced to keep it down and focus more on repeating things that are told to them, which is realy realy sad.

As the above post pointed out, at that age the most influencial people are your parents, and many other times teachers. Your parents want you to do well at school, so you try and please the teachers by copy/paste from book to paper.
You useualy start to realy gain your intelligence through your teen years. The sad thing about that though, is that teenagers are the most looked down upon group of society, they crave freedon of imagination, but yet are forced to keep it locked up. (Which could explaine the famous rabelitious stage (excuse spelling)

Also as the above post scrapes on, Grammer nazies are just anoying. If you can get your point across, thats all thats needed, in any way or form. Art, litriture, music, it doesnt have to be text-book, but if the point gets across, then the job is done.

"EDIT"
Just a thought on why he may be linking god with obama. US Presidents tend to use the phrase "May god praise this nation", he could be raising the question of his authority to clame gods connection with the president maybe?? Maybe he thinks he is gods messenger in a way. Obama is the leader of the biggest thing he knows at that age, like the pope is to christians. Just a thought, i know it may sound random, but kids can make some supprisingly complex connections with their surroundings

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Trolloks]

thanks for the confrimation that my ideas should not be judged by my grammar!
also I think you are onto something with why the child might associate the president (not specificly Obama) to God. I remember saying the pledge of alliegance, and when I always got to the "one nation, under God..." part I remember thinking:
"Well I thought we were under the president, Is he god?"

So it could be something as simple and innocent as that. We don't need a conspiracy in everything...that being said, it's not impossible that the child was coached into saying this. But as a parent of a very imaginative child (who is encouraged to use it) I can say that this sounds like something that came out of his own mind. All a child has to do is pay just a tiny bit of attention to what's going on to get his mind racing and coming up with all kinds of things.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

Originally posted by muggl3z

All for the sake of some blog reported non-story?

This is not from a blog site. It is from the Australian Broadcasting Commission (ABC) one of Australia's largest media outlets (funded by the federal government).

So it makes sense to me if you release this story to every major media outlet around the world what are you trying to achieve?

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Obama is not perfect, but it seems that the right wing is full of irrational hatred of him. In their eyes, Obama could do nothing right and they reflexively oppose everything Obama tries to do. For example, when Obama lobbied the Olympic Committee to bring the 2016 Olympics to Chicago, the right wing applauded Chicago's failure.

The best thing the right wing could do for themselves, and perhaps the worst thing they could do for Obama, is to tone down the criticism. At this point, most moderates and liberals will not listen to any criticism of Obama because most of it is irrational verbal diarrhea.

This scares me. We need to live in a country where our leaders are not only subjected to criticism, but subjected to rational, thoughtful, and cogent criticism.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
...I think the "adults" that put him up to this are the problem...

I agree, I think he was put up to it. But as I have said, who or what is behind this? And why send it over the wires all over the world?

Are they trying to solicit sympathy for Obama outside the USA? If so, what are they planning??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join