It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems fewer stars/flags being given these days

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I usually forget to flag an OP when i first start reading a thread,usually always star though.Im more interested in what people are saying and it skips my mind. I sometimes remember and go back and give them it but more often than not i completely forget...feel like a bad man now that i think of it.Alot of threads have much work put into them.

Damn i nearly left this thread before remembering to flag

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have to wonder if some of it has to do with the large amount of redundant threads? I try to flag [new] threads and star any post that is well thought out.

ed: deleted some irrelevant stuff

[edit on 17-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm not sure where to find (or how to) find out the difference between a flag and a star. (When I search for flag, lots of results come up related to flags that you fly...)

Also, I'm wondering what "single" and "this post" mean as well.

If anyone can provide links to explanations, that'd be great. Also, I'd like to know how to get help in the further on my own. I have seen the introductory video and part of the one on how to post; I didn't watch it fully because I cannot post until I get to 20 replies.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I fling stars left and right even to those who I debate if they make a great case. As far as threads I only flag really new content or ones with a fresh perspective.

by the way Flag!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I have noticed the same thing.
I've seen fantastic posts (not mine), really outstanding in terms of information and/or articulation and/or sheer fun - and yet they went ignored.

It seems to be correlated wih a certain restlessness I've noticed.
It's almost as if many people were afflicted by some sort of ADD, resulting in frantic but superficial reading, with no genuine interest or gratitude for the effort of others to contribute information.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by silent thunder

I have noticed the same thing.
I've seen fantastic posts (not mine), really outstanding in terms of information and/or articulation and/or sheer fun - and yet they went ignored.

It seems to be correlated wih a certain restlessness I've noticed.
It's almost as if many people were afflicted by some sort of ADD, resulting in frantic but superficial reading, with no genuine interest or gratitude for the effort of others to contribute information.

That's exactly what I've seen -- fantastic posts with no flags, no stars. I'm like WTF?

Yes, restlessness is a part of it; the popularity of the posting personality might be another factor -- the more popular and well-known the poster, the more stars and flags that they get, I imagine.

I'm new here and I've started some 30+ posts; some of them have been silly ones, but there are some that have well-thought-out, original arguments and they've gotten very little notice, which kinds surprised me. And I'm guessing that part of it may be that it's the new guy on the block syndrome. Dunno. Then I've had posts that had gotten a fair degree of attention as well, but it's the well-thought-out ones with original thought that don't get any or few stars and flags that surprises me a bit. Oh well.

And thanks to this thread, I'm more conscious and generous about giving out S&F now. Flags for well-thought-out, organized OPs, as well as OPs with good subject matter; stars for good replies.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I had a similar feeling a few months ago

Lack of flags

I have posted on ATS less and I noticed that many regular posters have left. I spend less time here now because I am just not interested in American politics.

I think many good threads get lost in the sea of Obama / Iran / Israel hate threads.

I also think stars should return to BTS and also this forum should have stars too.

So some ************* for all the great posts here.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Well you've got a flag at least from me. My first as i've just joined but been lurking in the shadows for a while.

But i do look forward to giving out a few more but i do have to say that some of the content here has dropped a notch or two since my early lurking days... Too many death is coming and SOON threads that never have any substance to them, too many letting their curious standards slip to listening to jumped up pootubers with too much time on their hands and reading too much sorcha fake

top topics

<< 1   >>

join