It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video, Brewster, New York, July 24, 1984

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
is the 1984 Brewster N.Y. Video the best evidence for UFO's ? according to Mr. Pozzouli and his wife the object or objects they caught on camera "made no noise and flew very slow and in a very straight line". this video has always intrigued me and i was wondering what everyone else thought about it ?

July 24, 1984; Brewster, NY
10:20 PM. A videotape was made by a Mr. Pozzouli of a ring of lights in the dark sky over Brewster, New York in the Hudson River Valley, suggesting a dark circular, ellipsoid, or disc-shaped object. Analysis of the videotape was done by Dr. Lew Allen of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory. (Sources: J. Allen Hynek & Philip J. Imbrogno, Night Seige: The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings, p. 128; Philip J. Imbrogno, Contact of the 5th Kind, p. 2)

www.nicap.org...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/467df12951d9.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8bdc15fce0f7.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/48649e684b59.png[/atsimg]

sites.google.com...

[edit on 16-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Before the video started playing there was a faint image of the formation which I recognized immediately as what came to be called "The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings". When I first saw the original video I did not accept it as of a genuine UFO. Sure enough, various researchers have debunked it as a hoax. Here is an article that explains it.
media.www.thetriangle.org...
Bored pilots concieve Hudson Valley hoax with lights
Aaron Sakulich
Issue date: 8/19/05 Section: Sci-Tech

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Looks like swamp gas to me.
---------------------------------
---------------------------------

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Skeptical Ed

supposedly there were some planes flying around but according to the unsolved mystery's episode , they flew on thursday's and less than 1/3 of the sightings occurred on a thursday. so no i would say it has not been debunked.

here is the episode...

part 1

part 2 discusses the video in question

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

supposedly there were some planes flying around but according to the unsolved mystery's episode , they flew on thursday's and less than 1/3 of the sightings occurred on a thursday. so no i would say it has not been debunked.

here is the episode...
snipped videos

The video in the OP shows a formation of lights that one can tell right away are from airplanes because since they are not fixed on an object tend to move away and towards each other as one would expect light planes to do. The video fails to impress.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Connecticut UFO Photo

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc9a6606eb4f.jpg[/atsimg]

This UFO that has been seen recently in Connecticut is without a doubt the Hudson valley UFO which is described in my book Night Seige The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings (Ballantine Books 1987).

It is obvious from the photograph and by the witness statements that something more than ultra light aircraft was in the sky over Connecticut that night.

www.ufocasebook.com...

does that look like a plane ?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Is there any actual evidence of these groups of pilots other than the article linked to ?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by chunder

Is there any actual evidence of these groups of pilots other than the article linked to ?

Go to google.com and enter "hudson valley UFO" and as you type that you'll see choices for finishing what you want info on. I entered "hudson valley UFO" and selected "hudson valley UFO hoax." You get 8,210 pages, not all of them dealing with the subject but I'm sure most of them do.

After entering - hudson valley UFO - you get a choice of "sightings," 'video," "hoax," "night siege, the hudson valley ufo sightings," "unsolved mysteries hudson valley ufo." Each one adds more or less pages to your search.

I don't accept the photo with the colored half-circle as genuine. I also do not agree with the following statement: "This UFO that has been seen recently in Connecticut is without a doubt the Hudson valley UFO which is described in my book Night Seige The Hudson Valley UFO Sightings (Ballantine Books 1987)." Why should one UFO be responsible for multiple sightings? If more than one person took photos of the same UFO, the alleged Connecticut one for example, then it would be grounds for discussion. UFOs are seen by many everywhere and it's not always the same UFO.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by Skeptical Ed]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Yes I'd like to see this too. It should be provided here if the person is going to mention it. That's called "presenting evidence". That doesn't mean give a lesson on how to use Google.

*Snip*

Mod Edit: Removed Off Topic Board Discussion

[edit on 10/16/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
looks like the orange county hoaxer is getting around

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by easynow

Easynow you're not wrong about that - Kandinskys done a great thread
here about the Hudson Valley sightings

Theres also some interesting eyewitness testimony which appears to completely refute the idea that the unknown object was 'just a group of planes':

Statements.

Dennis Sant:

"As we approached the house I saw a large, triangular object hovering over my yard about fifty feet from my house. It seemed to be not much higher than my roof. We pulled into the driveway, and we all jumped out and ran into the backyard. The object was no longer there. I took the children into the house to get them ready for bed, but I felt a strong urge to go back outside."

"You could see people on the bridge pointing at it."

".. a very large object, its structure was a very dark gray, metallic."

"It had numerous lights from end to end-red, green, and white. There seemed to be an amber light coming from it. This was in sequence, from one end of the shaft to the other. I call it a shaft because that's what it resembled."

"It seemed to be about the width of a football field and was a dark, very gray metal. It was so close you could hit it with a baseball."

What I saw was not airplanes in formation."

William Durkin:

"At first, I thought it was a large jetliner flying very low, perhaps in trouble. Then I realized it was coming too slow to be any type of conventional aircraft, and at this time I could see it was boomerang in shape."

Louise Ondekirk:

"But I thought it was strange for them to be flying so low and in such a tight formation. I see formation flights all the time in this area, but there was something different about this. It was really puzzling because when the lights began to turn, they all turned at once."

Ed Burns:

"Out of nowhere, I got lots of statics on the radio. And I thought maybe I was on the wrong number and I turned the dial again. That's when I looked up and saw this craft."

"As I continued to drive, the lights became more profound. Then they came right over my car. I shut the radio off, rolled the window down, and looked out at this huge craft above me. I heard no noise. It was moving silently and slowly."

"It was a triangular, chevron, ship. And the back of that chevron had to be as large as a football field, at least. It was one solid piece of a chevron shaped ship. And there was no noise. It seemed so close to the ground. It seemed that I could have thrown a rock at it maybe."
The object had lights all around it with thirty to forty colored lights along the back alone, he said to the CUFOS ufologists on the field.

"It was truly a flying city, if that's what you want to call it. I mean it was huge."

"If there is such a thing as a flying city, this was a flying city. It was not a small craft. It was huge."

"It was so shocking. People were just staring at this thing. I remember one guy, the size of his eyes was so large. It seemed I could talk about it for an hour. I was so excited about it, I wanted to share whatever I was feeling at the time."

"When I reached the Millwood area, I noticed twelve cars off to the side of the road. I pulled over and stopped, and then all of a sudden this huge craft was right over my car. That's when it was really shocking."
"Then the craft seemed to stop. The different colored lights seemed to go off, and just the white lights seemed to stay on. It was hovering a bit. It was just there looking like it was observing us as we were observing it."

"What can I tell you? I'll never forget that for the rest of my life. Five airplanes it was not."

John Dorazio

"The funny thing about it was that the lights weren't like any other lights I've ever seen. They didn't cast a glow or a beam of any sort."

Andi Sadoff :

"I was working on a midnight to 4 a.m. tour, and was setting up some radar, for detecting cars speed up."

"I looked up into the sky and saw, coming from East to West, there was a series of lights. And first I thought it was a plane, it was quite in the distance, quite far away. But is was really quite large."

"As I recall, there were mostly white lights but there were green lights also. It was alternating, green and white lights."

"All of a sudden from a hill I saw a string of white lights, very wide, forming a half circle. It was just coming over the ridge and it caught my attention because it was so large."

"It approached my vehicle, and as it approached my vehicle, it stopped, and it seemed to hover."

"It then turned left started coming around where I was parked. I started shaking my head, thinking that this was strange because I heard no sound and this thing was large. It then passed over my vehicle and headed towards the town. Then about four minutes later, it came back in my direction. It turned over my car once again, but this time it was much lower. The way the object moved was very smooth, as if it was gliding. when it came around I could see the shape better.
It was in the shape of a V with white lights on the top and green lights on the bottom. It was flying towards me and headed right for my car. So I looked out the window and did the normal thing. I locked the door. This time it was very low. I stuck my head out of the window and it stopped right over my car."

"It then hovered there about 20 seconds, and I could see a masse that was very large. Behind it, that is, behind the lights, I could see a large solid object."

"There was no sound, and I was looking at this thing and I was thinking, what is it? When I put my head out of the window and looked up, it was huge."

"There was still no sound at all, and I'm saying to myself, this can't be happening, what's happening here? So I got on my radio and I made a call to one of the other guys and they said they got quite a few calls about it. The object then started to move again and headed over the ridge, and that was it."

"The thing that I recall most is that I was amazed that there was no noise. There was no huming, here was no engine, no low sound to it. It was absolutely silent."

"I was sitting there looking at it, and I wasn't afraid, I was just amazed, it was just weird and I didn't now what it was. Where did it come from?"

"I'm not tring to say what it was, I don't now what it was. I know it wasn't airplanes."

www.ufologie.net...

Cheers.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

thanks karl 12,

i think you and i would agree all the sightings cannot be explained away with the airplane theory. too many witnesses and to many events , me thinks.

reply to post by stanlee

looks like the orange county hoaxer is getting around

yea he tried to debunk the Hudson Valley sightings and just a few minutes prior started a billy meier thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

oh the irony

[edit on 16-10-2009 by easynow]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

ookaay... wait. LMFAO!!! HA!

I would say you're kidding but you posted the link. lol

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptical Ed

Originally posted by chunder

Go to google.com and enter "hudson valley UFO" and as you type that you'll see choices for finishing what you want info on.

That's your supporting evidence? What's on the Internet? You realize how fallacious that is? I continue to be amazed at the double standards and hypocrisy of pseudoskeptics...

Credibility, sources etc mean absolutely nothing to you denialists when your preconceived notion that the UFO phenomenon is nothing but bunk is reinforced.

I can't help but laugh because it's exactly the same thing the true believers, those people you so do bitterly babble on about, do.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Nothing like a huge UFO hovering above a nuclear reactor:

www.nicap.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

thanks , .......wow that is interesting...

As the UFO approached the nuclear plant it flew to within 30 feet of its Reactor Number Three. When it did the plant's security systems, shut down as did all of its alarm systems and communication systems. Security guards were issued shotguns and were waiting for the final word to shoot at the UFO. A request was also made for an armed helicopter to come and shoot down the UFO, but before the command was given, the UFO moved away and left the area.

www.nicap.org...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

It's oen of those incidents most people don't know about do to lack of national media coverage.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
The Wing and Triangle are some impressive flying machines.
Imagine starting with the Foo in 1943 and seeing all those
saucers over Washington D.C. in the 1950s.

We've come a long way with hidden atomic technology.
Atomic non nuclear is not good for oil and power companies.
Just like Edison being heavily invested on DC products he
was not able to buy out the AC technology like TPTB have
taken out the next big thing.

This technology will never be disclosed again because remote
power existed before and is now where we can't find it.
With TPTB.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join