It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official: America's Navy is "a GLOBAL force for good"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I just saw this commercial on TV tonight and here is a youtube link to it:

Link.

The first, to me, shocking thing was advertising that they help our citizens when natural disasters occur (about 36 seconds in). Sure, this is a great thing and all, but being on this site has got me skeptical.

Anyway, the real issue, to me at least, is that America's Navy is being advertised as a global force for good. Sure, a country having a Navy is a very global affair, but doesn't the term "global force" bring to mind a coalition of various nations? It does to me.

About 53 seconds into the commercial, it shows a map of the globe and stars that represent, I guess, Naval bases, so I guess they're just saying that, because they have bases all over the world, they are a global force. I don't know, being on this site makes me skeptical, like I said. What do you all think?

Also, this must be their tag line now because it's even on their official site (look where the website name is displayed on the top of your web browser).

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I saw this commercial too and was thinking the same thing. However, since when has it ever been called "America's Navy"? America is two continents with different countries, and it has always been U.S Navy (as well as the other branches). I just found it a little odd with that in addition the Global force for good line. I'm waiting for the advertisement "Join the NAU Army" "NAU Navy" etc etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Great thinking, Darth Lumina! I never even thought of that.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
To me it means the Navy is a global force. Which means it can provide earthquake relief in Indonesia and the Samoa's. Goodwill visits and training with African Navies. Or combat operations and support in Iraq, Afghanistan or elsewhere, if need be. A world wide, global force.

I don't see any nefarious undertones in it or anything.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

kinda struck me as joint forces:
ATLANTIC OCEAN (March 27, 2008)
JTFEX 08-4 "Operation Brimstone" Flexes Allied Force Training
Story Number: NNS080715-21
Release Date: 7/15/2008 5:17:00 PM

NORFOLK (NNS) -- More than 15,000 service members from four countries will participate in Joint Task Force Exercise (JTFEX) 08-4 "Operation Brimstone", July 21-31 in North Carolina and off the eastern U.S. coast from Virginia to Florida.
www.news.navy.mil...

especially with the term "america's navy" implies this is just a part of a whole, huh?

like:

"JTFEX 08-4 will flex our warfighting capabilities from the operational level through expeditionary strike force and strike group operations with several of our coalition partners – France, Brazil and the United Kingdom."
www.news.navy.mil...

$6.6 million for Waterfront Security Force Facility at Kings Bay

isakson.senate.gov... and discussed www.abovetopsecret.com...

so, imho, yes america's navy is just a part of a global navy. welcome to the north american union.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Well if you look at it like that, then i guess the north american union has been around since the early 80's at least. One of my first underway period's in the Navy in 1982, was a multi-nation exercise.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

your statement is not to far off course 'cause it takes years of planning, and years of positioning and then, of course, you execute to obtain your goal.

we have a massive buildup of foreign troops in america as well as our own u.s. troops wondering around the streets of many cities.

i would provide links; however, i believe it is your duty to search this out so you might be able to see the bigger picture here.

your little laughing face might turn to

lots of luck my friend.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

You gotta love propaganda in Army/Navy promotion. Its brilliant. Got a good laugh from that Ad.. even though its so blatant about a US empire.

It reminds me a lot of the Ads in Starship Troopers.

"Go off and Die for your planet"

Pretentiousness and conditioning.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

youre reading into it more than you should. ask any of us in the navy, we dont believe anything that commercial said, and were not a global force for good. half of the time were doing humanitarian missions or training exercises. we dont enforce americas political policies or anything like that. we dont really attack unless we deem necessary. its just a new way to hopefully get people to join because everyone is trying to look for something bigger than themselves to care about, or at least say they cared about so they can sleep at night

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by stafngrimr

half of the time were doing humanitarian missions or training exercises.

navy doing humanitarian missions.....doesn't this strike you as "odd"? there is nothing w/in the military scope that remotely suggest "humanitarian".

from my perspective this is a bunch of bs.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Former US Navy vet here and this ad caught my attention. Yes the US Navy serves all over the word. But in the crazy times we live in this ad does stand out.

I think everything we are hearing about global, international, etc, etc. is just purposeful conditioning from our current administration. With king Obama running the show at the UN security council, maybe all of our troops will be issued blue helmets??

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

Sorry bud, just google it. The US Navy has helped with disasters all over the world. A lot of humanitarian work is performed by the Navy.

I personally saw two Iranians holding on to a refrigerator in the Persian Gulf and had our helo launched to pick them up. Their ship had sunk two days earlier. We fed them and took them home the next day. At least there are two Iranians that love the USA out there...

Nearly every port we pulled into I signed up for COMREL (community relations) projects. I've painted schools in Hong Kong, mixed and poured concrete for youth centers in Hong Kong, painted an embassy in the Gulf, fed the homeless in San Francisco and Seattle, and I could go on and on.

Our Seabees have helped build many schools in Iraq. And before any of you say, "it was just replacing bombed schools!" you would be wrong. Many new schools were built. And that is just the tip of what some US Sailors have done to assist others.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by on_yur_6

ok, i hear ya bub; (btw, i am strickly female). so, that's what "you" are intended to do? humanitarian work. give me a break. what you are intended to do is protect. have you lost your way? ok, i need help? what can you do for me? tell me? are you an oath keeper? or do you do what yo mama says?

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The primary mission of the U.S. Navy is to project a carrier battle fleet (Force) to various theaters around the world (Global) to both provide support for land operations and a launching pad for for death and destruction in war (Good).

Now you all can understand what "A Global Force for Good" really means.

The primary mission of the U.S. Navy is not, as some one lead you to believe, to help people around the world recover from disasters. Yes, the Navy has been known to provide some assistance. But that is not what their primary mission is.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite

Originally posted by stafngrimr

half of the time were doing humanitarian missions or training exercises.

navy doing humanitarian missions.....doesn't this strike you as "odd"? there is nothing w/in the military scope that remotely suggest "humanitarian".

from my perspective this is a bunch of bs.

I don't care if your strictly female, male or somewhere in the middle. I wasn't pointing out a primary or secondary roll. I'm just replying to the quote above that says "there is nothing w/in the military scope that remotely suggest humanitarian".

I tried to inform you all that aid is given in many forms.

Has anyone ever heard of the USNS Mercy???
USNS Mercy

There is no other country or Navy that has provided more aid than the USA and the US Navy. So you are wrong when you say there is nothing within the military scope that remotely suggests humanitarian. That is the sole mission of some units in the Navy.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
The primary mission of the U.S. Navy is to project a carrier battle fleet (Force) to various theaters around the world (Global) to both provide support for land operations and a launching pad for for death and destruction in war (Good).

Now you all can understand what "A Global Force for Good" really means.

The primary mission of the U.S. Navy is not, as some one lead you to believe, to help people around the world recover from disasters. Yes, the Navy has been known to provide some assistance. But that is not what their primary mission is.

[edit on 19-10-2009 by harrytuttle]

The navy may be travelling to "theaters" around the world as you call them -- but they are there to represent the United States not any other country.

Just because a business, which of course the Navy is like anything else, does business in other parts of the world, it does not mean they are there for the benefit of the world. They are there providing assistance to other countries on behalf of the United States.

I would suggest that the US Navy, Army, and the like remember who provides them with the means to go out and aide other countries.

So long as the United States' taxpayers pay the bills financing the military -- they better remember whom they serve.

How are you going to feel when the army is also tauted as a "Global Force"? How about our President -- as commander-in-chief of the military then does he also lead a "Global Force?"

If so, than why the hell isn't the world paying for this nonsense?????

We are being conditioned and I suggest we don't take it lightly. The Navy is just the means to ease us into this.

I, for one, am not at all comfortable housing any military personnel within our borders being financed by us that considers themselves a global anything.

They are the United States Navy. An American Force for Good. Period.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
maybe in the future we will see a FLAT STEALTH WARSHIP used by the NAVY.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I read a few years ago on Rumor Mill News about Faction one and Faction two with Faction two being part of the US Navy.

From the website archives

It is said many leaders of Faction 2 are hidden within Naval Intelligence. They refer to themselves as the secret Navy or the Nebraska Navy. This is because in the past they received their funding through centers in Omaha, Nebraska. It has also has been suggested by some previously that Omaha, Nebraska has been considered as a possible future location for a State Capital.

Faction two are supposed to be the 'good guys'.

Faction One is the New World Order, made up of the International bankers, the 300 un-named families who also own our Federal Reserve Banking System. These families are descended ideologically AND biologically from the Rothschild funded Illuminati.

Faction One also created the Corporations. Corporations were created by the King of England who was/is owned and controlled by the Rothschilds.

The center for Faction One is located in a private nation/state within London.

This nation state is called "The City of London". It is an autonomous nation/state similar to the Vatican and Washington DC.

From the "City of London", the Illuminati bankers control the entire planet, planning wars, famine, disease, drought, and other disasters which will contain and subjugate humans... especially those living in the first world countries.

Faction Two is descended from the King of Bavaria, the Knights Templars and the German Abwehr. Faction Two was created by men whose countries had been destroyed by the New World Order.

In 1784, the King of Bavaria blew the whistle on the planned take-over of the monarchies of Europe by the Illuminati/Rothschilds. As a a result, the NWO, which had expected to go "online" in 1776, had to retreat to the shadows and build up their strength for their "next planned world-takeover".

Interesting I think in light of the topic. I doesn't seem to mean the entire navy but, hey, may it is the trickle down effect.

Or maybe it is nothing.

new topics

top topics

join