It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US army uncovers successful results for AIDS vaccine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

US army uncovers successful results for AIDS vaccine

www.cjtf101.com

BAGRAM AIR FIELD, Afghanistan – The fight against one of the deadliest virus known may have met its match against the United States Army. The Army in conjunction with the Thai Ministry of Public Health, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease, the National Institutes of Health, Sanofi Pasteur and Global Solutions for Infectious Diseases have uncovered successful results for an AIDS vaccination.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.biospace.com
forum.prisonplanet.com
www.google.co.za

[edit on 15/10/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ok, this came as a shock to me as I had no idea the US Army had any part in developing vaccines for AIDS. It does seem rather incongruous, doesn't it -the Army developing vaccines to cure rather than kill?

But, if they have created a vaccine that potentially lowers the rate of infection by their claimed 31% then I will be the amongst the first to congratulate them on an amazing job and will go some way to restoring my faith in the US system.

A lot of lives will be saved.

I just hope that this does not end up being another false hope in the global search to end the AIDS pandemic.

www.cjtf101.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
If anyone is confused by the initial title:

Afghan midwives graduate training program in Gardez

It appears that copying the title of the article I wanted to post actually copied the above text.
It was rather odd and something I have never encountered.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It took a little search but not bad lol

I'm surprised that something of this magnitude would just be slipped into some random Army company website, especially with no specific scientific citations or links, no sample size, etc.

Wonder if it will make the MSM (main stream media news)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

There are quite a few link to this if you google US Army AIDS vaccine, so my guess is that this may be big news in the next few days.

Looks like it has a long way to go, but these are promising results.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Well I am sorry to have to tell you all this but the announcement is somewhat premature.

Foe a start it should read HIV vaccine. AIDS is cured on a daily basis with lifestyle combined with ARV drug treatment.

The problem is that there is no cure for HIV which leads to AIDS. There are also big holes in this study and ever the poor rate they claim may be a false claim at that.

The study was done by giving the drug too some at risk people and a placebo to the other half. So it ended up that 31% less after a period of time had HIV in the group that had the drug. The result is ambiguous to say the least as who is to say who had the most risky sex.

At very least a lot more research has to be done before any success in this can be claimed. In fact as it stands there will be more infections due to more risky behavior if this is considered a success at this time.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You know, it wouldn't matter anyway, at least not around here because we'd just have weeks of threads talking about how the AIDS/HIV vaccine is full of poisonous preservatives, is just a Big Pharma (TM) money making scam and actually serves to spead the virus.

Other than that, yeah, sounds like a Good Thing (TM) so far.

(Cynical? Say what?)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
How can this cure have been uncovered? When you make a biological weapon "AIDS" you have the antidote to stop you people and military from getting affected or in this case infected.

In reality the cure was know about since the first case of AIDS and the government has now decided to end that "Black Project".

Much like Advance Aircraft Projects this was hidden until:

1. Black project testing has ended and the project failed or succeeded and being revealed to the public because it is obsolete (Highly doubt this would ever be revealed fail or no fail)

2. Someone has seen too much and is in the know and will start whistle blowing or all the information has leaked

3. the government has a newer, better, faster, stealthier Black Project (Virus in this case) to work on. (hmm.... N1H1 in it's beginning testing phase?)

[edit on 10/15/09 by Djdoubt03]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovember

this came as a shock to me as I had no idea the US Army had any part in developing vaccines...

It would be more of a shock to me to think that other countries wouldn't also be developing them. There's nothing better to stop an advancing army than a quiet killer bug advancing through their ranks. An army that is too sick to fight isn't of much use.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

You'd have to be insane to volunteer for that.

My dad knows of someone where he works that participated in the vaccination trials for one. He thinks the guy is insane too.

But an AIDs vaccine would be pretty amazing if it is ever proven safe. Think of how well you could curb the death rates in Africa with one.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Miraj]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Americantrucker

I am well of aware of many aspects of germ warfare (for example, the USA's alleged use of anthrax during the Korean war) but AIDS simply does not work fast enough to be a remotely effective battlefield tool.

I was surprised because I would think the money they spent on research could have been used for military research or their scientists seconded to any number of civilian laboratries.

In business we talk about focusing on improving the companies core competencies ie. concentrating on what we are good at, and what brings in the most profit.

But, then again, it is possible they have achieved something that civilian labs haven't (because civilian labs are really interested in finding cures)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Djdoubt03

I agree, the word "uncovered" doesn't really make sense.

Personally, I think if military scientists wanted release a virus to reduce the population, they would uses something a lot more effective than H1N1 or AIDS.

Something like an airborne Ebola or Marbourg virus - terrifies me.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Absolutely ... Africa needs a bit of a break.

I have seen firsthand the devastation that AIDS has wreaked on many rural area here.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
These news strike me in two different ways.

1- Huzzah, aids vaccine, excellent.

2- Oh look, yet ANOTHER POSSIBLE PLOY TO GET US TO TAKE VACCINES. How quaint.

Instincts making me lean towards number 2, for some reason.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Back in 1995 i was friend with a LT. in the army who's name I will not divulge as it could cause him problems. He worked at Aberdeen Proving grounds in MD. They test chemical and biological weapons there as well as work on vaccines. At least they did...I am not sure if they still do there today. We were out on the weekend having some drinks as we usually did every weekend and we were having a discussion about Aids and how it was spreading etc.,etc. He told me that the Army had a vaccine for Aids and could pretty much eradicate it if they wanted to. I asked if they were going to release it to the public. He just looked at me and said " What do you think". As i tried to ask more he just said he was only on a need to know basis. He did work directly with the vaccine however. I had no reason to doubt him as he had nothing to gain from telling me that nor was I into conspiracies at that point in my life. Food for thought that was almost 15 years ago.

[edit on 10/16/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Considering all the evidence that has been presented that shows that Aids was created in a lab why in the world would we trust the people who released the virus in the first place, with providing us with a vaccine.

This vaccine will essentially get green flagged and sent to Africa where they can continue killing those poor folk.

The two groups i feel most sorry for are the Native Indians and the Africans they always get the worst wrath of the NWO just used to experiment on.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My first thought is how much will it cost to produce and who will get the contract?

Food for thought that was almost 15 years ago.

If they have had the cure for at least this long, which if you subscribe to the theory that it is bioengineered, then they have. why release it now?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
mknaomi

second line

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
It seems the public announcement that this vaccine was so successful is being questioned from a lot of circles.
One of the main reasons is the following:

Of those who got the vaccine, 51 contracted HIV, while 74 in the placebo group got infected -- a difference of 23 people

I think scientists are right to question such a small sample. Anyone who has studied statistics will know that in a small sample, the probability of achieving favourable results are much higher.

There were questions about this in 2004:

In 2004, Dennis Burton of Scripps Research Institute in La Jolla, Calif., and several other scientists publicly questioned the benefits of the Thai trial. They pointed out that the vaccine being tested combined a failed vaccine with one widely believed to have little chance of success.

I also smell something fishy ... but I jusrt can't figure out the conspiracy angle.

online.wsj.com...'s_Most_Popular

edited to add link.
online.wsj.com...'s_Most_Popular

[edit on 21/10/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

[edit on 21/10/2009 by deltaalphanovember]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
You know, it wouldn't matter anyway, at least not around here because we'd just have weeks of threads talking about how the AIDS/HIV vaccine is full of poisonous preservatives, is just a Big Pharma (TM) money making scam and actually serves to spead the virus.

Other than that, yeah, sounds like a Good Thing (TM) so far.

(Cynical? Say what?)

Well put.They need to stop worrying about vaccines and look for a straight out cure.

new topics

top topics

join