It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 minutes ago

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Time is an illusion, simply beacause it is something that humans have made up so that they can divide the day into night; work hours, school hours, rush hour, all an illusion because Time does not exist in the physical world, only in our brains. That is why time travel is impossible. Since Time is not a place, you cannot travel to it. Therefore, no "Time" travel. Now, there is the multiverse, but that's a whole other topic.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
the sun is 8 light minutes away. it takes light 8 minutes to get to the sun. exsistance can be proven it took more than five minutes to be created a long as a star beams light from the past. we are in the path of old light. 8 minute old light but still light.

posted on Feb, 21 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Haven't you read any of the past posts Phoenix? He explains all those things, think of something else... Jeez...

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Think about this. You know that you exist because you can consiously make decisions and react to things. How do you know that everything that you react to is real and not just a figment of your immagination and your mind can't escape from this dillusion.

AF1

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
How about the Universe being created in 5 minutes. Using your theory, this is just the past memories that are going to be instilled upon us. But right now I am concious, and I do make decisions that will change my life. If we use your theory, we aren't alive until 5 minutes from now, yet I'm pretty sure I am.

posted on Feb, 22 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
...Besides, I've still got the payment booklet for my car loan...That alone encompasses 5 1/2 *years* of time. The loan agent at the bank believed I existed over 2 years ago when I first got the loan...Believed in my existence strongly enough to *loan me the money for the car*!

When I got my first-ever loan for a vehicle, I was still in high school...The teacher in the Sociology class asked any of the students to *prove* that they exist...I brought in that payment book the next day & he accepted it as proof.

[Edited on 23-2-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i agree with 5 minutes from now. we know not what is held in the future, but we can somehow prove the past. three minutes before death you'll be dead in five. five minutes after creation, you'll most likely be alive. life doesn't matter. death is for what we wait.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The Universe is an illusion, and therefore any products of the Universe (such as our senses) are scaled-down versions. Thus, it is impossible to answer your question from an empirical standpoint. I cannot prove that the Universe was or was not created- regardless of measurements used.

posted on Feb, 25 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Of course, who said the universe has been created.

You might just be a disembodied mind gone crazy with lonliness floating in the ether creating your own fantasies. This is just one of them...

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
xaos are speaking in five minute ago tell me please
what is the dimension and timeline are u talking about
in our space ???

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Because of the "Uncertainty Principle," it is impossible for the consumer to find out at the same time both precisely where this product is and how fast it is moving.

(More infos at : f3wm.free.fr... ) (This site is traduced in english)

[Edited on 26-2-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Feb, 26 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Actually, if you look at the other side of the coin, you must also be aware that you will not exist in another 5 minutes...

...Chew on THAT, Xaos...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join