It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE: Obama loosens missile technology controls to China

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by plumranch

The law was passed after a late-1990s scandal involving the U.S. companies Space Systems/Loral and Hughes Electronics Corp. "

Helping China launch satellites didn't help cause the launch failed.
Dumping several expensive satellites in the drink.
Fortunately Loral had launch insurance.
Who the heck is making money off China.

Space technology is harmless, we never did anything with it.
The hidden science is way more powerful and will never be disclosed.
If the development of the hidden atomic science were developed
I wonder what would happen.
A good scenario for the skunk works forum.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

The regime will fall because of corruption. Yes you're right, china communist is a newbie. They're only capitalizing on the sleeping dragon that is china, that's why they're seemingly strong.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
reply to post by marg6043

I think of China as a paper tiger, a house of cards. It has too many critical problems that could surface at any time.

People always say China has a quarter of the worlds people, bla, bla etc., but those citizens are not all happy campers esp. now.

China was never a paper tiger. Historically as far as I can recall either they're number two or number one in the world stage, economically or technologically, until the industrial revolution and colonization began in the west. In general they're a very strong civilization.

BTW, they're the very first to use paper money. I read it somewhere, a chinese emperor caused a severe inflation because he overprinted those paper money.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

China was never a paper tiger. Historically as far as I can recall either they're number two or number one in the world stage, economically or technologically, until the industrial revolution and colonization began in the west.

Not talking historically, I'll agree with you there. China was always and probably will be a large factor. We agree there!

I simply mean that now, today, at this moment in time China will not be challenging any of its neighbors or the US. China doesn't have a history of aggression, China has internal problems, it has economic problems which will cause major problems in the short term. Hopefully not economic collapse as Japan did a decade ago.

You can think of China as Japan on steroids if that helps.

But China is not number one or two on the world stage. Call the US the big economic bully or whatever and the EU number two and you can arrange the other powers however you wish.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by plumranch
But China is not number one or two on the world stage. Call the US the big economic bully or whatever and the EU number two and you can arrange the other powers however you wish.

Okay, if you're talking present times, the EU is definitely number one in economy, the US is number 2. But I usually don't clump the europeans together, when the context is in the modern times. So, it's the US, Japan, and number three is China, which will replace Japan soon enough, then I predict the bubble will burst afterward.

However I still don't quite grasp the purpose of this move by Obama. It is always the desire of the US to weaken her enemy in the long term, so it's not true that any of the US president is 'selling out' if you think that's what just happened, especially to China. It might have to do with Iran, but China needs Iran oil too much.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

However I still don't quite grasp the purpose of this move by Obama. It is always the desire of the US to weaken her enemy in the long term, so it's not true that any of the US president is 'selling out'

I think Obama is selling out the US. Selling out the US and the rest of the West.

Here is the view of Charles Krauthammer, M.D. and lawyer, political col
umnist:

Obama doesn't really see himself as President of the United States, but more as a ruler over the world. He sees himself above it all, trying to orchestrate & coordinate various countries and their agendas. He sees moral equivalency in all cultures. His apology tour in Germany and England was a prime example of how he sees America, as an imperialist nation that has been arrogant, rather than a great noble nation that has at times made errors. This is the first President ever who has chastised our allies and appeased our enemies!

So we have CHANGE in America. (Change in this case = sellout= weakness, compromise the allies, appease the enemies)

Change you can count on!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join