It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masculist Movement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The feminist movement while eliminating sexism towards women also left a lasting impact on society's view of men. I see acts of sexism towards men everyday and yet no one seems to care. Rarely will anyone accuse of making sexist remarks about men. It's in the media, it's in the educational system, it's on TV and yet nothings being done.

Continued below.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Let me explain what I'm talking about. For example, violence towards men is more socially accepted than violence towards women, it's sometimes even viewed as funny. Fathers have no say in whether or not a mother gets an abortion. Men get worse penalties than women who commited similar crimes. Verbal sexism is accepted towards males but not females.

Continued below.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Please continue....

I thought that the lack of multi tasking ability was directly related to having testicles

There are people. Men and Women.

Some people excell at some things and others don't. Who cares what sex you are.

For the record I am a cabinet maker, and I am good at what I do and proud of it.

edit: gee did I get it wrong..but violence is wrong against anyone. doesnt matter if they are male or female or it is coming from a male or female.

ITS WRONG

[edit on 15-10-2009 by MissMegs]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Ihave had my weiner poked at while busy working from some crazy chic and had girls grab my ass and have been on a service call where she answers the door in lingerie and acts like a pig.
If i did that I would probably get sued or slapped.
Can you imagine me touching a womans boob and assuming i am all that to be able to get away with that?
Flag and star.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Even today's education system tends to favor girls, which is why they do better in schools now. Now what really bothers me is most people don't think it's even possible to say something politically incorrect to a male. Now I'm not saying women don't deserve the respect the feminism movement gave them, but don't us males deserve the same respect as everyone else?

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Nosred]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

woa woa woa....i was with you til you made the white comment.
I agree men and women play by different rules but lets not be a hater of any kind here,no use to bring up race....I will feel bad for starring and flagging you.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Please don't post when it says continued below.

Other than that what did you think?

Exactly what I was trying to point out about violence. It shouldn't be accepted against anyone.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
We deserve it once we start acting like we do.

I dunno where you have seen these action take place, but they're are far greater a number of sexist remarks towards women in every state I have visited, and I'm ex-Air Force.

the reason for women having more attention paid to them on this matter, is because it has been a serious issue in our history. Founding fathers? there wives and mothers helped them make those decisions as well.

MANKIND, Policeman, Ice cream man, etc.

All throughout history we have Belittled Women, and have subjected them to second rung. If they get some extra spotlight time, go women, its still unfortunately a man's world.

And what about cat calls?

While men might be taking second rung in this issue, there is a reason, it just isn't as popular as it is for women.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
The feminist movement while eliminating sexism towards women also left a lasting impact on society's view of men.

Now I'm not saying some of you aren't weak kneed, purse carrying, chest shaving butt kissers, but I've sure noticed how us men are portrayed as incompetent buffoons, more and more, on TV in the last 20 years.

A little bit is funny, but it's gotten to the point that you have to be a straight up, gun toting, arse kicking gangster type hoodlum to not be labeled as a big wuss anymore.

Honey.. GET AWAY FROM THAT TRASH CAN! I'm taking it out!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Sorry about the white thing, I was just pointing out that no one will say it's politically incorrect to say something about white males. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Now that I look over it that does seem kind of offensive, so i'm sorry.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lernmore

Exactly what I was saying. Men are being stereotyped as lazy idiots. I had a teacher in school once who was so sexist toward boys that you wouldn't believe she could get away with it but she did! I'm not saying we should reverse what happened as a result of the feminist movement but society shouldn't be biased against men like it is. We're all equal.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Oh my...

Lets see on a daily basis, I keep getting reminded that i am in a "man's" profession, or that a "woman shouldn't be allowed to......because" Of course I can't remember any time in school when I was growing up that one person took more time with me than with someone else to explain anything much less explain it correctly.

I do not condone the portraying of men as buffoons by the mass hystermedia any more than I condone the portrayal of women as Victoria's Secret playthings. It has always been my view that if you are good at something, do it, who cares if you are a man or a woman.

Or do you think that because the media says it's so it has to be so? The media told me the economy was getting better, I don't see it, I also don't see any men in my line of work backing off from the rude and sexist comments I get every single day. Not to say that they are bad people, just that the ideas that they have have been imprinted by decades and decades of social programming.

Now that the pendulum swings the other way (and trust me, I really don't think it should be swinging at all) you cry foul? Women who act as sexist as men should be punished the same exact way as their male counterparts, what's good for one is good for the other IMHO..

I'm gonna quit now before I say something I may regret.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

What I meant about education favoring girls is that the things are taught in schools is better for the way girls learn. This is why girls do better in schools nowadays than boys. Also even though sexism towards women still occurs it isn't politically correct, men should be entitled to this same right.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Are we viewing the same issues in the same Dimension?

I Would provide links but I'm apparently too lazy to post them, But I can still go to many jobs and get that job over a women. just because I'm a man, I can Also go into almost any establishment and be treated with more respect based upon my views more so than a women's. this is because many still feel a women doesn't know what she is talking about, It's just as much of an Issue as racism is in today's world.

I dunno what reality Tv shows your watching, but on the Documentaries and Science channels, I see more Men talking about subject matter than I do women, and when I see women talking about subject mater on TV, its in re guards to Traveling, Shopping, health and Beauty, and Fashion, I have yet to see a Women Particle Physicist talking about string theory, or a female Engineer talking about how she is Building Such and Such.

They are out their, but far and few between, But I do See plenty of men acting like Idiots on various channels, and in the media.

It's Equality, and in every race, Sex, religion and creed, We all act the same, its your media Who protrays to you how they think you should feel.

Like I said I haven't seen too many Women speaking on important subject matter, But I know they are 100% as capable to do such, just like a man.

Sorry if I come off as brash, but I and a 100% believer that we just place unfounded value on these subjects,and in doing so, we help propagate these issues. A horse is a horse, but sometimes it can act like an jackass.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by 10001011]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 10001011

More feminist BS,I'm not going to accept a guilt trip for how Women were treated in the past. I'm suprised the radical feminists aren't looking for reparations just like the racist black radicals are.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
As a man, I do not need a woman. I have hands (no bi**hn) Get off your high horse and stop insinuating all men are jealous losers.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigDaveJr
reply to post by 10001011

More feminist BS,I'm not going to accept a guilt trip for how Women were treated in the past. I'm suprised the radical feminists aren't looking for reparations just like the racist black radicals are.

Noone should be entitled to reparations for what was a societal norm, I don't care if 300 years ago your ancestors were used as labor or 60 years ago mine were hauled off into camps across the Western States, this is now and here, not then, every society makes mistakes, if we learn from them they were worth it.

So how is anything i said feminist garbage? I believe that the societal norms being taught are skewed, they always have been, either one way or the other, next year we may all be taught but the PTB that one drink is better than another and we are all fools for drinking x when we should all be drinking y.

In my own way I agree with the OP on the major thrust of their position, we as people are blindly fed what they teach us and act accordingly, and nowadays it's not good to be a non-minority (whatever that minority is, not just racial) male in the United States as they teach us that the religious people that came here from Europe are the greatest evil this nation has ever known... (What BS)

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Why don't we all sit down and have a group hug and a good cry?

Yeah,
We know. It's fashionable nowdays to run men down and portray them as hopeless morons and needy helpless wimps.

The funny thing is that the real men don't feel the need to have a support group and discuss it with a therapist.

You are responding just like they wanted. You justify their actions by being a whiner.

Man up and ignore it.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I'm not whining I'm just saying a lot of society seems to be biased against. For example, men get longer prison sentences than women who commited similar crimes. Yet we can't do anything about it without being guilt-tripped by women.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Why don't you guys just lay down the real issue and stop playing sex against sex, hmm? This lays things out pretty well. Special attention to the LAST line. Have a read...

...the underlying problem that has caused the formation of the movement is that women have more or less successfully broken out of their archaic role, while men have yet to do so. Add to that the shame inflicted on men as a whole (mainly, in my opinion, by feminist radicals who are not necessarily representative of the feminist movement as a whole), and being male isn't necessarily the paradise some feminists make it out to be (and, with all due respect, how would they know?). In my opinion, this is a critical problem in need of solving, because I believe that in this matter, nobody is free before all is free.

With women largely having liberated themselves from their old roles and men still stuck in their archaic ones, everyone wins if the male half of society manages to pull itself out of this outdated swamp. The school of feminism that stresses freedom and equality seems to agree, whereas the school of feminism that is mostly intent on making men suffer, predictably, disagrees. I think the latter is a minority, but I'm not a feminist, I wouldn't know. The largest and most embarrassing error the men's movement committed was that part of it (fortunately with quite vocal exceptions, including most of the "leaders" of the movement) pointed to women as the enemy and oppressor (like the feminists, in their day, pointed to all men).

This is silly for two reasons: The whole discussion quickly degenerates into a "who-is-most-oppressed" competition, and besides, modern advanced civilizations are perfectly capable of oppressing both sexes. Women don't get the highest-paid jobs, men take jobs that kill them. Women are expected to both do professional work and tend to children if they have any, men get forced into military duty. The oppressor is not one sex, but the sexless social mechanisms that have been oppressing us all for millennia (these mechanisms are perpetuated by both sexes, although the people in political power are predominantly male).

The problem with the movement is the same problem that faces modern feminists: Men's movements and women's movements are really a stupid way to go about fixing this problem.

What we need is an anti-sexist movement that doesn't have the implicit agenda of advancing one sex over the other.

Carry on...

*copied and pasted from the "other" thread because it's the same message*

[edit on 16-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join