It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I for one am going to have to actually agree with waht tis guy is saying. Im not gonna sit here and tell you all about how im not racist because im sure all of you have alredy made your decision based on my first sentence.

Im proud to be a white man and im proud to have blace friends. Im proud of both of our cultures. But im not proud that one day four or five hundred years from now were all going to be a bald, greyish race with only on culture. (sound familliar?) Because bacicaly that is whats going to happen if we keep inter-breeding (for a lack of a better term). Then what? No culture all is forgotten.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
This judge should be removed for derelict of duty, however, if he's operating in an area in which this is still the community's sentiment then there would less likely be a push for him to leave office. We tend to believe every area of the US shares the same political correctness that there are no isolated areas and this matter just proved that wrong.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

What nonsense... Desperately trying to cling on to a culture that WILL eventually disappear.

Check out history thousands of cultures vanish over the years... and then new ones emerge... that’s life. To try to restrict people from living the lives they want (when their lives are based on love and they are not hurting anyone) just so you can try to cling on to something, that will inevitably one day disappear, is just stupid.

That’s not to say that I don’t enjoy and celebrate my own culture. But I am also realistic enough to not think of it as some kind of endangered species that needs to be protected at the cost of others freedom of choice...

Also... Who are YOU to tell me who I can and can’t marry because of your silly theory about a grey future race?

Some people simply shock me with their thought patterns...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
I for one am going to have to actually agree with waht tis guy is saying. Im not gonna sit here and tell you all about how im not racist because im sure all of you have alredy made your decision based on my first sentence.

Im proud to be a white man and im proud to have blace friends. Im proud of both of our cultures. But im not proud that one day four or five hundred years from now were all going to be a bald, greyish race with only on culture. (sound familliar?) Because bacicaly that is whats going to happen if we keep inter-breeding (for a lack of a better term). Then what? No culture all is forgotten.

MessOnTheFED!

What culture? Kegs and crawdads? I didn't know that was culture.

Its clear you're as much a racist as the judge, you are from LA maybe you're related. I love when people say I'm not a racist, then spew on about how black/white couples are wrong. "Interracial" relationships have been going on in America for quite some time, even Thomas Jefferson had one going on, I still fail to see any grey people walking around.

Say they don't want to get married or have babies, he just wants to put it in her mouth. Is that ok?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

But im not proud that one day four or five hundred years from now were all going to be a bald, greyish race with only on culture. (sound familliar?)

No that doesn't sound familiar. Who are you referring to? BTW, four or five hundred years from now you won't be here. In fact, unless you write your name in history, the chances of anyone remembering you four or five hundred years from now is slim to none, so why would you even care?

[edit on 16-10-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The justice's job is to interpret and administer the law. It is not his job to deny people anything based on his opinion and ignorance.
Is there a law preventing them from getting a marriage license? No.
Too bad, you sad, shallow, ignorant piece of crap.

All ya'll whose ancestors didn't come from the Americas better just leave right now before you damage the culture....

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting thread.

This actually ties into one of the core issues with marriage in this country (USA) -- the fact that marriage is a legal status. This is the source of so much difficulty in the US, yet it doesn't have to be.

People have mentioned many times in this thread that people will have kids without marriage. Thus marriage does not have anything at all to do with having kids. People will live in the same house without being married, thus marriage has nothing to do with living in a house together. In fact, the only thing I can see that marriage does is tie one person to another person contactually so that they can be considered more stable in a commercial contract. So it is not marriage by the traditional sense, it is a business partnership. Odd, what was that "defense of marriage act" actually defending??

I am a strong opponent of marriage. My wife and I got married because she needed the medical benefits. We love and care for each other and we are not in danger of splitting up, but that has nothing to do with any marriage license. I believe that marriage should be left to the religious cast. If we need a legal construct to use for insurance and collections, etc., then call it a domestic union or a joint financial union or something and make it available to any two or more people to join (prolly want to cap it somewhere, but that's debatable).

As for kids, well, there have been studies, although I would be hard pressed to find them, that say the smarter you are, the less likely you are to have a more than one kid, if any. By contrast, the less educated or savvy you are, the more likely you will have kids. This isn't exactly the best thing for our gene pool, but it does show that the breeding masses don't need an excuse to breed.

So this judge is obviously a backwater, nostalgic fool and hopefully will be removed from the bench and hopefully disbarred. It would be interesting to see if the couple just went further down the road to get a license. I hear Vegas is nice this time of year too.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
double post.. *bleh*

[edit on 10-16-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

Theophilus Eugene "Bull" Connor (July 11, 1897, Selma, Alabama – March 10, 1973) was a Democratic Party politician and police official from the city of Birmingham, Alabama, during the American Civil Rights Movement.
As the Public Safety Commissioner of Birmingham, Alabama, in the 1960s, Connor became a symbol of bigotry. He infamously fought against integration by using fire hoses and police attack dogs against protest marchers.[1] His aggressive tactics backfired when the spectacle of the brutality being broadcast on national television served as one of the catalysts for major social and legal change in the South and helped in large measure to assure the passage by the United States Congress of the Civil Rights Act of 1964

The card is not in my hand to play

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Many years ago people would quote the bible to speak against interracial marriages... Sound familiar? The US is slowly creeping back to the dark age all over again, and I hope I'm wrong.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Remixtup

So is this guy a hero of yours or something? I was using him as an symbol of racial intolerence. If you yourself prefer segregation there are many parts of the country that can accomodate you. It may cost you some money but hey it's worth it to keep the riff raff out, isn't it

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
How can he claim not to be racist and then say interracial couples don't last long? Can you see the hypocrite? Somebody please fire him.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale
You all need to leave this poor misunderstood man alone. He said that black people get to use his bathroom. What more do you people need?????

Who even says things like that without immediately apologizing for spilling stupid all over everything?

The question should be does he have a special bathroom for them or does he allow them to use the same one he does?

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OutlanderHuman24

I would like to know that too.
There are many RACES AND CULTURES LIVING IN THIS COUNTRY.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This guy is both a racist and a bigot. I for one, speaking from experience am interracially married, and I have a beautiful girl who is the light of my life.

Is it hurting anyone? No. I'm happy, my wife is happy and our family is wonderful. If that was me, and the Judge said that to me, I would quickly contact my lawyer and file civil charges against the state and the judge.

There would be a media war on my hands because I would avenge my rights against this bigot.

Hope he get's fired is all I can say. After a heafty lawsuit that he will inevitably lose.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday.

To anyone else who might think the same way.... the above quote is tragically comedic because it's a RACIST STATEMENT!

Geesh...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

HAHA I know exactly what you mean... I have said it many times before... I hate it when racist try to pretend that they are not racist.

"I’ve got loads of black friends"
"I let them use my bathroom"

LOL

For crying out loud... JUST ADMIT YOUR RACIST!!!!!

It’s like Hitler saying

"Hate the Jews? Naaah... my house keepers Jewish... I’m just saying we need to reduce the numbers is all"

And another thing... When people start a sentence with...

"Now this may sound racist to some"

Or

"I don’t mean to sound racist but"

It nearly always IS racist.

Racist are truly up there with some of the most vile, ignorant, dumbest fools around... No wonder they don’t want to admit it...

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
[edit on 16-10-2009 by m khan]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Louisiana Governor jas ask for the firing of this individual... I just cant come to understand who put this guy in that position on the first place. Hopefully he is out of the job soon.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radiobuzz
Many years ago people would quote the bible to speak against interracial marriages... Sound familiar? The US is slowly creeping back to the dark age all over again, and I hope I'm wrong.

They did?! Which part of the bible were they using?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join