It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.

www.google.com

NEW ORLEANS — A Louisiana justice of the peace said he refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple out of concern for any children the couple might have. Keith Bardwell, justice of the peace in Tangipahoa Parish, says it is his experience that most interracial marriages do not last long.

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday. "I have piles and piles of black friends. They come to my home, I marry them, they use my bathroom. I treat them just like everyone else."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Talking about legislating from the bench! I cant believe this sort of thing would happen in this country by 2009. How a person like this gets place in a position of this nature is beyond my comprehension.

This continues to shows that this country still has way to go when it comes to races, he said it himslef that he talks about it with his friends and everything....I wonder how those conversations go.

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-10-2009 by Bunch]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

"I'm not a racist. I just don't believe in mixing the races that way," Bardwell told the Associated Press on Thursday.

Well, Louisiana isn't exactly known as a bastion for intelligence or progressive thought. But really, what this guy is doing isn't legal. It's not up to him to decide who gets to be married or not, it's up to the law. "Interracial marriages" (no such thing since we are all the same race) are 100% legal in all 50 US states.

It's just a shame that people like this are still around. It makes me wonder for future generations. How long will racism plague us as a nation? We are already decades behind the curve.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
That is messed up. If he/she loves the person what's thei problem. They're happy together

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
That judge just made those two people very rich indeed.
If in his opinion those unions don't last, so what. Last I checked it wasn't his job to decide these things. I have no idea what the heck he was thinking.

I'll give him the big L on the forehead prize for the day.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I guess he forgot that people can and do have kids without having a marriage.

So basically he is just being a jerk.

Who elected this guy anyways?

Just another reason why Judges should be eliminated from our justice system and replaced by non-interfering Administrators.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
Last I checked it wasn't his job to decide these things.

If it isn't his job to decide these things, than what exactly does the word "Judge" mean?

I thought it meant they judged things.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I just love the part " I let them use my bathroom", thats his strongest arguement in order of showing his no racist, this guy make Rush Limbaugh look like Al Sharpton...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
He's not racist guys.... He's a Bigot.

He's Also not just a Judge, he's the Jury too.

He's a few other things I wont go into detail about, but Im sure you can fill in the blanks, He's a *#&#$%@&*#$*&@#$%*#%$&@$%.

Glad I got that off my chest. Now can Someone please explain to him, he is wasting our Precious air!!! We all know, that Idiots Pollute.

I would say more, But Im being told Im out of time,

So Im gonna have to leave it there....

[edit on 15-10-2009 by 10001011]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well the Judge is going to find himself in the lines of unemployment very soon.

As usual leave it to the human mind to judge what is right and what is wrong, after all he is a judge.

He is not a racist my big Latino arse.

[edit on 15-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Tip of the iceberg. So much for those that would try to convince people that racism doesn't currently exist. There also seem to be some ATS members that would agree with the "don't mix races" ideology. Really, it's a benign-sounding form of "I'd rather get rid of the inferior races". All codes and covers.

It's sort of like the Geico caveman "Let Me Be Myself" commercials. Perhaps they're a subconscious suggestion that those who identify with the imagery will follow.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
hm, that quote sounds a bit contradictory....

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have always said Lousyanna is the most Racist state.

This is just another example of it.... When I lived there it was just awful...I could not leave that place fast enough.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sometimes people just snap and lose their minds. What I don't understand is how he got around to talking to the press without the words, I made a mistake being involved. Does he think this decision is going to stand? Is he just trying to make a statement?

How come every time something like this happens the words, I have black friends comes up? Really? You have black friends? Not anymore.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Why cant we just evolve and get off this godforsaken rock!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe this is why the aliens haven't shown up yet. I get so tired of living in the 21st century and still having to see "educated" people with respectable jobs act like this.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
It's sad that people like this still exist. It shouldn't matter rather on not if both the people were of different races. This makes me wonder if ten years from now things will still be the same. I really hope racism goes away in the near future because there is no reason for it.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I believe what you say about us being all the same race. Can you like message me like proof and stuff that says were all the same race. It would be a nice thing to show my friends.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
In order to get rid of the racist we need to get rid of the people who teach racism. Of course we can kill thm off, what we need is the children of racists to become more open minded and have that submissive way of thinking towards their parents.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
So where are all the "Playing The Race Card" posters now. Wow, talk about a throwback. Bull Conner would be proud. You know, he's only saying what we're all thinking. The 50's are alive and well and living in Louisiana.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I have only one question. Where the heck was this Judge when that insane Justice of the Peace gave me a Marriage License!

I knew marriage was not the best idea but wow had there just been that official escape from it…”Honey, I am soooo, sooo disappointed too! I wanted to get married really”.

15 years from now when this man is paying child support to a woman who hates him with a passion for kids he never gets to see…he will look back at this Judge and say, why oh why didn’t I listen to him.

Politically incorrect might not be all that popular but it sure can save you a pile of heartache, trouble and money.

This Judge should be on the Supreme Court.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join