It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young Fan Asks Obama: ‘Why Does Everyone Hate You?’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
My sister in law saw this on national television. I figured sometimes people here on ATS, who are interested in politics, need some comic relief every once in a while.

Oh yeah, and I posted the video. Its hilarious how bad he handles it.

Elizabeth Williamson reports from New Orleans on President Barack Obama.

President Barack Obama fielded some tough questions from a town hall crowd in New Orleans today, but none as harsh as the final query of the day.

Tyren Scott, 9 years old, of Paulina, La., asks President Barack Obama a question during a town hall meeting at the University of New Orleans. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

“Why does everyone hate you?” asked nine-year-old Tyren Scott.

Tyren, a fourth-grader at Paulina Elementary School in Paulina, La., then said that he loves Obama. “That’s what I’m talking about!” the president said, laughing. Then he ventured a good-natured explanation for why others might not share Tyren’s goodwill.

“If you’re watching TV lately it seems like everybody’s just getting mad all the time,” he told the boy.

“People just, I think they’re worried about their own lives,” including losing their jobs and homes due to the recession, he said. “They’re feeling frustrated, and when you’re the president of the United States you’ve gotta deal with all that…that’s right,” he said to applause and laughter.

“You’re gonna get some of the blame and that’s part of the job.”

WSJ Source

[edit on 15-10-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
yup, Obama will be the only one taking the heat as shown by these boards, no one attacks the puppet master or the source ie FED reserve.

guys he really was put into the white house to make people angry and its working....again.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
A remarkable accomplishment for a nine year old boy to first know everyone, and secondly to know that they all hate Barack Obama. Not only is this not true, but if it were, surely he'd be gifted a Nobel Peace Prize even before attempting to accomplish it. If the question were asked of me, I'd have to ask him back "who you mean by everyone?". His parents? His friends at school? Certainly not MSNBC or network news. Maybe if his parents have Fox News on all the time while they vocally agree, he may get that impression. This sounds more like a question from a blue household to make everyone say "aw how precious" and an easy answer for Mister President. Maybe he'll get invited to the White House for a beer.

[edit on 17-10-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Certainly sounds like a 'plant' to me. Hopefully someone looks into who brought Tyren to the meeting, and their affiliations.

A prime reason for me feeling the way I do towards Obama are acts like this one.

Obama wants seniors to get another $250 - Oct. 14, 2009

Instead of giving the seniors dependent on their Social Security their annual Cost Of Living adjustment as has happened every year since 1975 when COLA was implemented, he wants to give them one payment of $250. Supposedly the Consumer Price Index has fallen, but I as well as quite a few people I've talked with have seen living expenses like food rise. I personally feel the CPI is being misreported intentionally to 'save' the government from spending money on those who need it.

new topics

top topics

join