It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA - Giant Ribbon Discovered At The Edge of the Solar System

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

I agree and this line of thinking has caused me to look deeper into the question of how this effects thought.

Accelerations effect time just like gravity does, in fact the effects are indistinguishable from each other which is called the equivalence principle. In other words we cannot tell the difference between standing on the Earth (1G force) and a constant 1g acceleration. Both accelerations and gravity alter time and both effect our mental functions, how much this effects mental function I don't think anyone knows.

Inside of our solar system the Sun and planets contain angular momentum (rotational and orbital motion), they have conserved energy from the force that created this angular motion. Angular motion is acceleration, it has an inertial reaction called centrifugal force (considered a fictitious force). All accelerations have an inertial reaction or what we call a resistance to acceleration (inertia is resistance to acceleration).

Our galaxy also has a conserved angular momentum and also exhibit centrifugal forces. Within a Galactic bubble contains Solar bubbles which all have a unique local inertial space (inertial frame of reference) in which a local time can be observed. I would say these bubbles have an effect on our mental awareness and perceptions but how much I don't know.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I hope this all makes sense because I find it to be very interesting yet I have difficulty explaining it. Everything is in motion and the cause for all of these motions is not understood (it's not from a big bang). It all seems to originate from the center of galaxies and radiate outward.

The center of the Milky way takes about 15 to 18 million years to rotate and the galactic arms about 50 million years. At our position about 25,000 LY from the galactic center we make one rotation every 225-250 million years. This shows a rotational phenomena because they are all different yet related. The rotation is faster if we move in toward the center and slower if we move out towards the edge yet the spiral arms rotate like a rigid body maintaining unity.
ADD: WIKI link.
Milky Way Galaxy.
Galactic Year.

By spinning a bicycle wheel we will observe a rotation that is rigid, the center appears to rotate slower than the outer edge to maintain rotational unity (all points on the wheel make 1 revolution at the same time). This means that the galaxy is not a rigid body like the bicycle wheel but the galactic arms are. Furthermore there is a force that causes rotation at the center and this momentum is telegraphed outward in the spiral arms thus slowly effecting everything out towards the edge in a wave pattern.
ADD: Wiki link.
Density Wave Theory.
Is it just me or does this look like an electric generator to anyone else?

Notice that the galactic arms rotate faster than we do. The way I understand this is that a galactic arm is a long yet relatively thin cluster of stars in the shape of a curved arm. All of these arms make up a spiral galaxy and each arm holds their individual shape as well as a unified form as the galaxy appears to rotate with rigid unity.
This may be similar to the observed spokes in Saturn's rings.
As a spiral arm comes close to our local space the stars all begin to cluster together and then drift apart as the arm passes us by. The spiral arm acts like a wave that accelerates all of the solar bubbles transferring angular motion into the entire galaxy.

If I could I would make an animation of this to show all of these motions (assuming I understand them correctly) because that would be very interesting to see. If nobody else does this I guess I'll have to take the time to learn how.

[edit on 10/23/2009 by Devino]

[edit on 10/23/2009 by Devino]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing this story to the threads! I agree with an earlier poster who stated we are learning at an expotential rate these days! S&F!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
Is it just me or does this look like an electric generator to anyone else?

It's not just you my friend, since we are able to see clearer and further other disciplines besides astrophysics are recognizing things based on very real physics used in electrical engineering and laboratory plasma applications.
They may finally be beginning to listen.

Perhaps the correct model may be seen to resemble that of a homopolar motor. The homopolar model was also that of Alfvens solar model.

www.plasma-universe.com...

This link has lot's of references, in particular some I find fascinating from Winston Bostik. Way back in the 60's he created tiny plasmoids in the lab complete with spiral arms and rotation. Miniature galaxies!

If I could I would make an animation of this to show all of these motions (assuming I understand them correctly) because that would be very interesting to see. If nobody else does this I guess I'll have to take the time to learn how.

The link above has an animation of galaxy formation from a computer simulation, from Anthony Peratt of Los Alamos. It only using some simple parameters (known Physics and measurements and yes gravity is included). Even the rotation curves match beautifully. No dark matter required.
You can see many of the earlier formation patterns at all stages everywhere in space thanks to Hubble.

Here's a recent paper I picked up on through thunderbolts discussing magnetic field observations in galaxies.

arxiv.org...

“Ordered fields with spiral structure exist in grand-design, barred, flocculent and even in irregular galaxies. The strongest ordered fields are found in interarm regions, sometimes forming 'magnetic spiral arms' between the optical arms.”

Also look at this.

Magnetic Fields DONINATE Young Stars of all Sizes

Magnetic Fields Play Larger Role In Star Formation Than Previously Thought

Ah yes, the tide is turning very quickly.
Of course they eventually will turn around and say "ah but we knew it all along!".

What are those stages of truth again? we've seen the aggressive emotional reaction, violent opposition. Hehe I've experienced it right here before.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by squiz]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoffinFeeder
after reading, my first thought is some kind of solar system aurora borealis...

The heliosphere is basically the sun's magnetosphere, and like our own it deflects incoming charged particles like galactic cosmic rays, most of them anyway. And when charged particles from the solar wind or the intergalactic wind or cosmic rays interact with the magnetic field in the area called the bowshock many interesting things happen, like the aurora but so far it has been observed on Earth, Jupiter and Saturn. Once I have the ability to create posts I will write more about these things. Something interesting to note;

"In 2009, cosmic ray intensities have increased 19% beyond anything we've seen in the past 50 years," says Richard Mewaldt of Caltech. "The increase is significant, and it could mean we need to re-think how much radiation shielding astronauts take with them on deep-space missions."

The cause of the surge is solar minimum, a deep lull in solar activity that began around 2007 and continues today. Researchers have long known that cosmic rays go up when solar activity goes down. Right now solar activity is as weak as it has been in modern times, setting the stage for what Mewaldt calls "a perfect storm of cosmic rays."

"We're experiencing the deepest solar minimum in nearly a century," says Dean Pesnell of the Goddard Space Flight Center, "so it is no surprise that cosmic rays are at record levels for the Space Age."

Galactic cosmic rays come from outside the solar system. They are subatomic particles--mainly protons but also some heavy nuclei--accelerated to almost light speed by distant supernova explosions. Cosmic rays cause "air showers" of secondary particles when they hit Earth's atmosphere; they pose a health hazard to astronauts; and a single cosmic ray can disable a satellite if it hits an unlucky integrated circuit.

science.nasa.gov...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Quoting External Sources - Please Review This Link

[edit on Fri Oct 23 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think the discovery of this ribbon suggests that these particles are all entering from a certain section of the heliosphere, or sections, that is why they would be doing an all sky version. To see just where these cosmic rays and the stellar winds are entering from. We have a gamma ray burst all sky map and movie, I think this would be similiar.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
@ squiz and unrelised, You two have opened my mind to a whole new world of thought, thank you for that...

[edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus]

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
very interesting find

This is the first time I have ever hear of this, but I would like to know more.

posted on Oct, 24 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by squiz

I'm not too excited about the Plasma-Universe.com's Galaxy formation model, I believe it is incorrect.
I think galaxies first start out as Quasars as subatomic energy ejected from the center of galaxies due to high centrifugal forces. This ejection would most likely effect everything within these galaxies perhaps even consciousness. These QSO's start to eject material of their own possibly due to rotational accelerations that are being exerted on these objects as well.

As rotational accelerations speed up the reaction is to eject material by way of centrifugal force and this in turn slows down this acceleration and balances out the rotation because of conservation of rotation. Energy from the force that accelerates things actually create mass through inertia (inertial mass), this increased mass counters against this rotational acceleration which begin to slow down this whole process.

So I think we would see QSO (single points of light) start to eject mass outward on its equatorial plane as a single then double (opposing) arms. eventually more arms appear because of more ejections and the overall rotation of these arms create mass through inertia and this slows down and thus balances out the galaxy for awhile. Eventually this galaxy will gain enough rotational energy (critical mass) that it will emit QSO's of its own creating new galaxies. These galaxies will cluster and these clusters will all be connected in a field that helps balance out their individual rotational force (critical galactic mass).

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

I understand what you are saying, however the ejection model (Arp) is accepted in EU theory. And by me too
Both are accepted.
It's not a case of one over the other.The model actually explains the ejection theory quite well.

This is on the link I posted earlier.

Peratt concluded that the shapes seen in the simulation appeared similar to observed galaxy shapes, and posited a morphological sequence that corresponded to Halton Arp's ideas that galaxies formed out of quasars ejected from AGN

So their is no disagreement there.

The galaxy model from Peratt if I understand correctly, shows the pairing up of birkeland currents, it's simplistic compared to reality, a simulation based on what is known.
This could be how plasmoids form before ejection? I need to do a bit more research on that.

Halton Arp is influential and well respected as far as EU theory goes and his ejection premise is acknowledged.

I also believe quasars are proto galaxies, It seems only fitting that galaxies should show such biological like characteristics.

BTW I'm not sure if you were referring to Arp or not, but what your describing is very similar.

[edit on 25-10-2009 by squiz]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

You are correct, it was from reading Dr. Arp's articles that planted this idea for me and as odd as it first seemed I find that this understanding works very well to explain many cosmological phenomena. I find that this is not only scalable but also seems to explain many other scientific phenomena in other fields such as nuclear, chemical and biological.

The part of the model that I disagree with was the two clusters coming together. They would then begin spinning thus creating the galactic bar and spiral arms.
Plasma Universe Model

I believe it is the other way around, one object creating many. A QSO begins spinning and this creates spiral arms that are from ejecta. This ejected material is a part of the center (QSO) but is not directly connected and has a different rate of rotation. The observations of galactic bars show a disconnect between the bar (galactic center) and the spiral arms which is not shown in that model.

At least this is how I understand it from reading articles like those found on Dr. Arp's web site. It surprises me that I end up with such a vivid understanding of this as though I somehow remember everything that I have read on the subject.

[edit on 10/25/2009 by Devino]

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by squiz
"The expectations of NASA scientists are not being met because their shock front model is incorrect. The boundary that Voyager has reached is more complex and structured than a mechanical impact.” —Wal Thornhill, September 2006.

Here's the article from Wall Thornhill.

Electric Sun Verified

The Z-pinch model offers a simple explanation for the “giant ribbon” found wrapped around the heliosphere. The Z-pinch is naturally aligned with the interstellar magnetic field. Solar “wind” ions are scattered and neutralized by electrons from the Birkeland current filaments to form ENA’s coming from the Z-pinch ring, a giant ring about the solar system and orthogonal to the interstellar magnetic field.

The Sun’s heliospheric circuit is connected to the galaxy via the central column and the disk of charged particles. The current path is traced by magnetic fields. The “open” helical magnetic fields discovered high above the Sun’s poles by the Ulysses spacecraft are supportive of Alfvén’s stellar circuit model. And the solar “wind” would seem to connect to the broader disk of charged particles about the heliosphere.

Given the detail in this model we should expect, as more data comes in, that researchers may find in the ENA “ribbon,” bright spots, filamentary structures, and movement of the bright spots consistent with rotation of Birkeland current filament pairs and their possible coalescence.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/348e8d435d9a.jpg[/atsimg]

Just to add, this explains the narrow ribbon of ENA's mapped by IBEX and the larger band of charged particles along it seen by Cassini.
Of course we may eventually map the entire solar circuitry and people will still deny it. Took a while to convince some the Earth was round I bet.

[edit on 20-10-2009 by squiz]

Yep, this finding confirms EU theory's electric sun model.

All of modern science is on the verge of being re-written.

Hannes Alfven is about to become the new Einstein.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

The part of the model that I disagree with was the two clusters coming together. They would then begin spinning thus creating the galactic bar and spiral arms.

Perfectly fine to disagree of course, I'm not a real big fan of computer simulations even though it's based on known physics, but it is interesting none the less.

I just wanted to clarify what the simulation is depicting. What we are looking at is the cross section view of two birkeland filaments. The interacting magnetic fields pinch down (Z-pinch).
The simulation has certain boundaries so it's not depicting everything.
But this process is real and confirmed by experiment, the only question is extrapolating it to cosmic scales. And the results are quite compelling when done so. But it's not a done deal you could say, if ever there is such a thing.

Anyway pleasure to discuss with a fellow free thinker.

Just some more random thoughts and a couple of predictions.

Birkeland currents are ideal at scavenging matter up from surrounding space through markelund convection.

Interestingly The scavenging and squeezing down of matter through Z-pinch naturally results in the spherical shape. This is invoked in the creation of stars. Hence the magnetic fields associated with star formation.

The common hour glass shape is the sure fire signature of the Z-pinch. And I think in time we will discover that the true shape of the heliosphere will be slightly hour glass shaped, smaller in diameter where the ribbon is running.

We should get a new heliosphere map every six months, the correlation between the sun and the galaxy will become more and more obvious.
The intergalactic current and associated magnetic field may be found to be the cause of the solar cycle.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

The secret they want to keep is their ignorance. The people have almost completely lost interest in NASA, but as you can see by the flags and stars for this thread they have not lost interest in the space sciences. My space drive threads never came close to this kind of response.

This has happened in a broader sense for the physical sciences as well. 50 years of institutional ossification combined with 100 years resistance to new knowledge has resulted on no real breakthroughs, until now. For example, by breakthrough, I don't mean a smaller chip, rather something more fundamental, such as a new type of electronic component which manipulates energy like none of the others. And now we have that. But not until now.

This thread is of acute interest to me because of the Birkeland current. The Birkeland current opens up the now very real possibility of interstellar travel. This discovery serves as tangible evidence of the Birkeland current connecting all systems together. Just as sailors used (and are still) sea currents to navigate our oceans, so also can this across a new abyss. This is our highway to the stars.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by DevinoIt all seems to originate from the center of galaxies and radiate outward.

I cannot speak for the others, but I know we are on the same page.

At our position about 25,000 LY from the galactic center

I often marvel about those numbers. What is the probability our precession is similar? And to further drive the point home with a new buzzword called synchromysticism, 2600 is the code for clear skies, a little black sun. Do you suppose the alt 2600 group knew what they were doing when they chose that code for a name? Nah. Very interesting connections.

As a spiral arm comes close to our local space the stars all begin to cluster together and then drift apart as the arm passes us by. The spiral arm acts like a wave that accelerates all of the solar bubbles transferring angular motion into the entire galaxy.

You know, you got me there. I never thought of that. An electromagnetic compression wave? It's beautiful! So here is the deal, any intelligent species worth its salt will get out when the gettin's good during the compression stage. And it would effect the panspermia hypothesis.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by squizBirkeland currents are ideal at scavenging matter up from surrounding space through markelund convection.

First time for me hearing about that!

Interestingly The scavenging and squeezing down of matter through Z-pinch naturally results in the spherical shape.

Ermm...do you mean saddle shape?

The intergalactic current and associated magnetic field may be found to be the cause of the solar cycle.

Are you referring to sunspots? Certainly looks it to me...

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas
First time for me hearing about that!

Oops sorry, spelling again. This should help.
Marklund Convection

Ermm...do you mean saddle shape?

No, spherules to be precise. I was referring to experiments that reproduced concretion like objects through plasma Z-pinch.
absimage.aps.org...

Although it could be argued that it's a different process since the above is a discharge onto a surface. Anyway that's where I got the idea.
But it does serve well to explain a few other geological oddities I think.

Are you referring to sunspots? Certainly looks it to me...

Yes, and the approx 11/22 year polarity cycle.

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

At our position about 25,000 LY from the galactic center

I often marvel about those numbers. What is the probability our precession is similar?

This is something I have not thought about, the relationship of our precession to the distance from the galactic center (orbital resonance over distance). This gives me a feeling that there is a lot more to this.

I have difficulty finding information that I can consider somewhat accurate on our spacial orientation and motions. I think what I have posted in this thread so far is accurate but how are we to know for sure. As for our location on one of these galactic arms I found this on Wiki.

The Sun (and therefore the Earth and the Solar System) may be found close to the inner rim of the galaxy's Orion Arm, in the Local Fluff inside the Local Bubble, and in the Gould Belt,

Here are some images representing our location, notice that it appears we are moving into the rarefaction of the wave.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf694a8af774.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0e44bea804b3.jpg[/atsimg]
It looks as though the Orion Spur is a compression of star clusters (higher mass/energy) and is moving away from our location. If these arms take 50 million years to make one rotation then this event should happen relatively quickly. This idea here brings up a bunch of questions for me.

Could this cycle be related to precession of the equinox?

[edit on 10/26/2009 by Devino]

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by squiz

OH, concretions. This really sparks some interest for me in observations that I have made concerning geology.
Imperial Vally Concreations, Califonia.
Fulgurites.
Martian Blueberries.
Moqui Marbles.

Moqui Marbles found in Utah.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ab12f7405540.jpg[/atsimg]
Libya Marbles or Blueberries. Near Meteor Crater Oasis, Africa.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aec0e95471f2.jpg[/atsimg]
And then this odd looking thing found along with the Libya marbles.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2ed7591fd1d.jpg[/atsimg]
Do all of these seem to be electrical in nature to anyone else?

posted on Oct, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

If the compression waves are at right angles to the galactic center (GC), then are they responsible for the ENAs? I suspect the ENAs are the "massless black holes" which serve as stellar anchors observed by deep space astronomy. That is, if there are two diametrically opposite our Sun.

If this is the case, then this model would explain why we have a rotating ecliptic. And of course, account for the missing mass in the universe which has caused mainstream science to invoke the dark matter model.

I really think it is important to calculate the total mass of the ENAs, especially for our solar system in relation to the solar system's total mass. This would satisfy a gravitational model. But I also think the ecliptic could be subject to an electrical twisting force as well. The field may be very weak, but over such a large area would exert considerable force.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join